It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active-duty troops on 'short alert status' outside Washington, Pentagon says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Washington Time Link Active-duty U.S. troops are on “short alert status” at bases outside the District of Columbia, Pentagon officials said Tuesday, but so far forces have not mobilized in any other region of the country following President Trump’s threat to use the full weight of the American military to quell riots and violent protests.

And, they've issued bayonets. For those who have served ... you know what that means.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I feel like this "protest" group is trying to mass the crowd and get something ugly going at the White House. It's like they're trying to re-create what the Brits did during the war of 1812.

Security forces aren't going to cede the White House without a fight though. It's probably one of the few places in the country that won't be given up without a real fight right now (I say that; there are plenty of others but the targets of real strategic importance aren't under direct assault at this time).

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Fear mongering, inconjunction with your little blurb of "Bayonets" which make no mention in the article.

Curious, back in 2010, We did 30 mins of bayonet training, never saw it again 🤔

What are you on about exactly?

Just read the source folks.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If true, I hope they’re not planning to rely on the troops already at most of those bases. I mean....you got 8th & I and the Old Guard at Myer, and the coasties on the Potomac. The rest of em probably haven’t seen a bayonet since recruit training.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Specifically the Immediate Response Force from the 82nd Airborne has been dispatched. This is the same group that was sent to the Middle East six months ago when tensions flared with Iran.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I do not know anymore if these are officers or army forces...

About 12 hours ago, Lincoln Memorial.

Another source

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Fear mongering, inconjunction with your little blurb of "Bayonets" which make no mention in the article.

Don't be helpless

700 paratroopers ‘issued bayonets’ as 82nd Airborne prepares to carry out ‘Operation Themis’ at #DCprotests: report
Published 12 hours ago on June 2, 2020

Bayonets had to be signed out of the Arms Room and accountability was a rigid as a firearm. No one got a bayonet unless there was a high probability you were going to stick someone with it. Usually, holding an M16 in your hands was enough of a show of force.

If those rioters don't settle down, something bad might happen to them. It's happened before in DC.
edit on 362020 by Snarl because: 10,000th Post!!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

The officers would be the front lines and the ones doing the first line confrontations. It's their job. The Army is there to provide mainly support function and as a last line of defense. If the rioters are so hell bent on destruction that the regular cops can't stop them with regular crowd control measures, then we are in an actual combat scenario.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Wow only 30mins?!

Fort Knox used to have a wicked fun bayonet qualification course. Most people qualified Expert. Wasn't difficult.

The technique is very basic, and I doubt it's been modified since used in the trench. However, it does have just as much a use In urban fighting as it does in trenches.

Close quarters is, close quarters after all.

I'm a huge fan of the bayonet, helps the green grass grow...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I read the article. Nothing in there about bayonets to those that "served". What does that even mean. They are all serving right now. Assuming they means issued to combat Veterans...meh. Interesting because I was in a combat Guard unit in Afghanistan and never got a bayonet. We got flip blade combat knives and can have them on duty anywhere.

Maybe if Democrats would promote serving in the Guard we would not be in this mess. Free college, cheap healthcare, free medical screenings, paycheck, learn a real skill and protect the public in national disasters. It's also fully inclusive. Instead, they promote free everything for doing absolutely nothing because billionaires are the source of all their problems. Go ahead and take all the money of billionaires. It won't solve anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

They also were issued bayonets—standard issue but some feel could be inflammatory,” he explained. “Some context: they were issued to the members of the 82nd deploying to Washington, D.C. – they were told to pack them in their backpacks. Members I spoke said bayonets are always on their packing list but given the context of the protests, it could be perceived in a bad light.”

“Perceived in a bad light”

Yep.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Arnie123

D on't be helpless

700 paratroopers ‘issued bayonets’ as 82nd Airborne prepares to carry out ‘Operation Themis’ at #DCprotests: report
Published 12 hours ago on June 2, 2020

Bayonets had to be signed out of the Arms Room and accountability was a rigid as a firearm. No one got a bayonet unless there was a high probability you were going to stick someone with it. Usually, holding an M16 in your hands was enough of a show of force.

If those rioters don't settle down, something bad might happen to them. It's happened before in DC.
it isn't in the OP, but cause you saw it on a fear mongering liberal rag, it justifies spreading an assumption?

Ugh, you're being willfully disingenuous, LITERALLY. From your crap source, "rawstory",

They also were issued bayonets—standard issue but some feel could be inflammatory,” he explained. “Some context: they were issued to the members of the 82nd deploying to Washington, D.C. – they were told to pack them in their backpacks. Members I spoke said bayonets are always on their packing list but given the context of the protests, it could be perceived in a bad light.”

Again, fear mongering and no substance, it's actually sad watching trying to "insinuate" something, knowing full well that is not the case.

What? You literally visulized a scenario where, lmfao, American active duty Soldiers, lol, charge civiliana with bayonets??? Lmfao, "Attach BAYONETS!! CHARGE!!" LOL, thanks for the laugh bro.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The bonus army who were all vets did not last a day once it was decided to move them out.. They got screwed IMO..

Back when Nixon was going to get impeached the first Cav out of Ft. Hood was loaded on a train and waiting for the order to move to D.C. Everything was on hold waiting for Nixon to declare Martial Law or give the order to move. The Air Force and Navy said they would not back Nixon so nothing went forward.. But it was darn close..

Back then the protest were well funded and every bit as violent if not more so than those going on today . I hope the protestors do not try something stupid like storm the White House because if they do it is going to get serious quickly and I doubt there will be any participation ribbons handed out to the survivors unless you think prison orange fits the description.

So far I have not seen anything that would make me respect those who are causing the mayhem and I doubt the military has anything to fear from the little darlens..except for the communist news network press and the after action report.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

We had bayonets in the 1st Cavalry.

Got issued them in 07 during the surge. I only ever used mine once. To cut a wire fence in a palm grove, while on dismounted patrol. Only time I used a bayonet outside qualify, during two active duty enlistments.

Sadly enough, I'm probably only guy in Diyala Province that year to even put one to real use besides opening MREs or box's of poptarts....

Ugh.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sorry, Arnie, that wasn't my actual source ... but ATS makes you list a 'public' one. What tracked me onto this was personal correspondence. Also mentions some rather threatening sounding remarks made by the SecDef. Same sources had earlier warned about Antifa, but I couldn't find source material I could post with. Let me say, "Sorry." again.

What I'm bringing to the boards this morning are indicators that the on-going civil unrest in this country 'could' escalate.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
No one is going to accidentally pull the trigger on a Bayonet....anyone who impales themselves will tell their own story any one who sticks someone with a Bayonet without just cause will tell their own story.....there will be no "accidental anonymously caused deaths by bullets"....nowhere to hide...no cracks...no windows of opportunity to weaponise the narrative by bad guys...

Bullets are for killing people Bayonets are for Crowd control.

Bullets are not being issued ….Bayonets are.

This is a genius idea....the Benefit of the doubt is being finally given to the People....the Military will take hits for the Team its their job....if someone pens up on Soldiers and kills some it is a part of their jobs and will be tragic but will represent the fortitude passion and willingness to commit to their Country that all Military and honest Police and Patriots feel and act upon.

This is an extremely intelligent solution....it disenfranchises the chance of Domestic Terrorists staging a False-Event then accusing the Military of shooting Americans....trust me they will do anything including dress up as Soldier to kill Americans if they can do it.

No bullets...no bull-spit … only Bayonets.

Honest Patriots protesting will celebrate NO BULLETS...Domestic Terrorists will scream NO BAYONETS....watch people now show their true colors.

It would help tremendously if Civic leaders would designate Protest areas and make them legally available....Patriotic protesters want to be a part f the solution not a part of the problem and will celebrate being protected by the Military from these Domestic Terrorists....the right to Protest will now be protected by the Military from a very real and direct Domestic Terrorism threat.

Patriotic Protesters need a safe place to express themselves free of bricks and bombs being seeded by Domestic Terrorists.

edit on 3-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
...and the Old Guard at Myer...

Oooooooo, cool. They can fife and drum while they using their stabby-stabs at the same time. Bad asseery as there ever was.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The whole purpose of bringing in the Guard is absolutely to escalate the situation in the favor of law abiding citizens. They are not being activated to hand out water and MRE's to rioters...meh. If that hurts the feelings of people or upsets the rioters then good. It's working. If the rioters feel they have the balls to go up against Federally activated troops they are more than welcomed to try. It won't end well for them. Even better.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Pass me the chili mac and any ranger bars 😋

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There was a thread last July about a military operation that needed funding to last four months... in the Washington DC area.
Link to ATS thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join