It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nashville riots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Thanks for your input. I hate driving around Nashville nowadays. So, I don't go up there any more than I have too.

There are probably a few stragglers remaining looking for rides back to wherever they came from.

That or they're waiting for further instruction.

I'm still waiting to see if they are going to do a second night of riots.

I don't think there will be anymore, but we'll find out.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Got this message on my way home.

Will investigate.

edit on 3152020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3152020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Alright, apparently I missed it.

www.dnj.com...

It appears that the "protestors" had moved into a busy intersection to disrupt traffic, had actually laid down in the road, and were almost struck by passing cars.

So, local law enforcement fired tear gas to break it up.

An armored vehicle on the square was vandalized and a brick thrown through Whiskey Dix window.

Law enforecement apparently acted quickly and put a stop to the would be riot almost as quickly as it began.

www.wgnsradio.com...

www.wkrn.com...

No one was hurt. One person got a pretty good hit of tear gas, and then refused transport. One person fainted.

Two people have been arrested for violating curfew.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
An update about the Nashville City Hall fire. A 25 year old man, Wesley Somers has been arrested for arson, vandalism, and disorderly conduct.

www.newschannel5.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have the day off tomorrow, so I'll drive out to the city and see what all I can take photos and videos of.

Apparently there are protests supposedly planned for Cannon County. McMinnville in specific. Honestly don't know why. There isn't anything out there.
edit on 162020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
An update about the Nashville City Hall fire. A 25 year old man, Wesley Somers has been arrested for arson, vandalism, and disorderly conduct.

www.newschannel5.com...

Excellent!!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I have the day off tomorrow, so I'll drive out to the city and see what all I can take photos and videos of.

Apparently there are protests supposedly planned for Cannon County. McMinnville in specific. Honestly don't know why. There isn't anything out there.

Be careful AutomateThis1, praying for you my friend

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thanks. Same for you. I'm off to bed now.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Be careful AutomateThis1, praying for you my friend

Yeah, I concur -- do exercise extreme caution & take your eyes off no one. I wouldn't trust anyone not legit protesting (edit: as in, the suspicious ones hanging around way after the protest ends) as far as I could kick 'em right now.
edit on 6/1/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Met up with a friend who had some photos of the events yesterday. Turns out that the police shut it down almost immediately once people started acting stupid.

There really wasn't anything for me to take pictures of.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Theres not much to see that I could find, I take 2nd Ave to Korean Vets Blvd to the I-24 ramp. It goes right between the pedestrian bridge and the parking lot the kung-flu testing site is still set up, across from that a spread of gentrified neighborhoods and section 8/ social housing slums. 2nd Ave heading south turns into Nolensville road and that goes right by the fair grounds where the homeless shelter is set up at(discussed in a previous thread, check it on mapquest). I go by it all 6 days a week and I do try and find something worth seeing. Other than a potential old project car there's not much the forum would be interested in hearing about. Unless Food, there's much to discuss about that.

I agree, lets hope nothing else happens. People are going to wind up KIA`d in this insurgency if it continues.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

An armored vehicle on the square was vandalized and a brick thrown through Whiskey Dix window.

You know, you'd think there would reach a certain point of solemnity in which, even given the most sophomoric of business names, the seriousness of the underlying story would prevent me from spraying iced tea out of my nose while reading and having to compose myself. You'd also not be wrong to think wide scale rioting, looting, and the beginning of boogaloo would be serious enough for me to reach that threshold of solemnity. You'd think that... but you'd be wrong. Even with such a low hanging, dark cloud hovering over it, I am not mature enough to pass over the name "Whiskey Dix" without acting a fool...

Thoughts and prayers to all impacted.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Seems to be scrawny white children (at least they look like children to me) causing trouble more than anything. Not saying you should judge anybody by their race, but if you were going to.... watch out for those skinny little pale bast#@$s.

Can't speak to the looting, that's been a pretty fair mix of criminals and terrorists. But the arson/violence is almost 100% terrorist, and those are overwhelmingly teeny tiny young white males.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wesley ... I wonder what his associations are. He hardly looks like the sort you would expect to be protesting does he? He looks more like one of those mysterious agitators.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nyiah, FWIW, I suspect you could kick them decently far

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You know, you'd think there would reach a certain point of solemnity in which, even given the most sophomoric of business names, the seriousness of the underlying story would prevent me from spraying iced tea out of my nose while reading and having to compose myself. You'd also not be wrong to think wide scale rioting, looting, and the beginning of boogaloo would be serious enough for me to reach that threshold of solemnity. You'd think that... but you'd be wrong. Even with such a low hanging, dark cloud hovering over it, I am not mature enough to pass over the name "Whiskey Dix" without acting a fool...

Thoughts and prayers to all impacted.

Well, Whiskey Dix is about as bad as you can imagine. It's a country saloon where the girls dance with the old men to make em feel special for a night. There's a fight and arrest almost every night. The toilets are always backed up, and the only good thing about the place is seeing old friends and free beer until midnight.

Actually now that I think about it. The place doesn't seem that bad. There are some other free beer till midnight spots, but those are where all the methed up people go who get mad at each other for going down on each other's sister and cousin lmao.

Cough Dirty Jims cough

Oh, and Campus Pub is pretty scummy as well.
edit on 162020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh, and I think the place lives up to its name quite well. If the whiskey doesn't do it the girls will!

Hahahaha

<< 1  2  3   >>

join