It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the New World, what will YOU carry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Its a New World... and Everything has gone wrong...

In this world strange things have happened..."gunpowder" and explosive material have gone sour making them useless...

Thus, we need to revert to the old ways in this world... the days of sword and shield

What would you carry?

Keep in mind, this is still a decently peaceful world... at least comparing to the days of old

but to protect yourself... you may need to arm up!

What will YOU carry?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

An Air Rifle.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

lol that's cheating... but fair enough

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I would carry my bolas and dagger as I usually do, add a walking staff / bo staff. Gather parts and build an air gun.

That would cover short, medium and long range protection until I got the air gun working.

Are the properties of chemistry and physics going to change soon? If chemistry changes where gunpowder doesn't work, how would we live with oxygen no longer reacting with other elements in our bodies? There would be almost no life without the same reaction that makes the boom.
edit on 5 28 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Are the properties of chemistry and physics going to change soon? If chemistry changes where gunpowder doesn't work, how would we live with oxygen no longer reacting with other elements in our bodies? There would be almost no life without the same reaction that makes the boom

no no… slight chemical changes... only seems to be with explosives

why are you asking me... im not the god of this world... lol

edit on 28-5-2020 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You proposed the question and most explosive reactions involves oxygen in some form. The the other chemicals vary and would not be common among the explosive reactions. Again, there would be no life except for anaerobic bacteria and the life at the deep sea volcanic vents left on the planet.

You opened up a can of worms where the condition to make the situation work destroys all intellegent life making the question invalid.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Well its a weird world... isn't it?

You've already armed yourself... perhaps its time to head back to school to figure out your questions with the other scientists

Personally... i'd also have a bo.. short sword..

a few knives... and a bow with arrows (even though im sh^t with a bow)

Plus this is Canada... we generally don't arm ourselves... but who knows what's to come in this NEW WORLD of ours...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Thank you, I was totally unaware I was on the planet Canada. I must remember not to carry a toy blaster while dressed as a storm trooper.

Would I get beaten if I carry a Frisbee while dressed as a gorilla which I have been known to do? The Frisbee has Winnie the Pooh on it and you know how apes like flinging poo.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
A Bible.

... and then maybe this repeating bow and arrow:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Thank you, I was totally unaware I was on the planet Canada. I must remember not to carry a toy blaster while dressed as a storm trooper.

Would I get beaten if I carry a Frisbee while dressed as a gorilla which I have been known to do? The Frisbee has Winnie the Pooh on it and you know how apes like flinging poo.

Planet Canada?!? I wish!!

I hope they lower the taxes on said planet...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Talk softly and carry a huge freakin flail...

edit on 5/28/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

My knowledge.

That's all I need to survive.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have a lot of fun with a slingshot when I'm up at our trailer on a river, and my aim was getting decent last year, but i have always wanted to learn how to use boomerangs...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Nitro piston .22 air rifle and/or a crossbow. Also my sweet Norse bearded axe.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

A pack of trained attack Hyenas.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'd be quite fine. I already have numerous swords and knives and even a long bow. Here's my latest sword.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Caustic chemicals, irritants, flammable liquids and gases
edit on 28-5-2020 by StoolSample because: I have gas

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Melee :

my one handed long sword in my dominant hand and my durable yet lightweight SOG hatchet in my off hand. I'm a dual wielding fool!

For range :

A can of raid wasp and hornet killer and a lighter..

---

Nice sword skid! My buddy used to do the ren fairs, he has several real midevil weapons to choose from, but I'm guessing he would go with his two handed bastard sword as well. Thing is heavy as hell but all it takes is one swing to land and it's game over..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I dunno, I think all an air rifle would do against a dude with say, even a pipe, would be to piss him off and want to hurt you even more.

Better hope you hit him in the nut or eye

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You must lift, else it's a fake sword... Those things are no joke to try to swing around with one hand

a reply to: Mike Stivic

top topics

<<   2 >>

join