It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

That doesn't make someone racist. It is an opinion. At one time you were allowed to have one.

Do the majority of you even know what racist means? It means you think you are 'better' or superior to another 'race'. You can hate someone and not be racist. You can be prejudice of someone and not be racist. FFS it is sad that it is thrown around the way it is.

The woman in the park recently. She was called racist because she described someone in the park as African American. Maybe she was at one time raped or attacked. We do not know that. But she calls a black guy an African American, not even dropping the N word, and now she has lost her job. (BTW she should have lost the dog and she was a nut but....) what I am saying is she was not being racist.

The cop who had his knee on the neck of the perp. His act was not racist but I would bet 2 to 1 he is.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

edit on 27-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Didn’t link to other comment

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
a reply to: Scapegrace

Yes, you are being racist for pointing out these "unpleasant truths" because the only reason you're bringing this up is to deflect from this news story. If you cared about black-on-black violence as much as your post suggests, where were you last week? Or the week before? Why wait until this story drops to bring it up? Any advice on how to address or fix the issue?

If you can watch a video of a police officer, whose sworn duty is to protect and serve his community(which includes any suspects), straight up kill a handcuffed man while three other cops sit back and watch, and your first reaction is: "well black on black violence is a much bigger issue and the evil LIBERAL MEDIA doesn't want to talk about it" then yes, you are being racist.

OK. Let’s see if you or the news media get as outraged the next time a black person victimizes a white. It happens many times more often than vice versa. Here’s the 2018 FBI UCR on interracial homicide arrests if you don’t believe me. Also note how many black-on-black homicides are shown. Click on Table 6.

ucr.fbi.gov...
edit on 27-5-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You sure are trying hard to deflect from the actual subject. If it's sooooo important to you..start your own thread!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The cops claimed he was intoxicated, resisted arrest and they were there on a forgery charge.

As of right now the forgery charge is based on a nearby shopkeeper who called the cops after someone paid with a 10 dollar bill he thought was fake.

At this point we don't know if Floyd was the person who used the $10 bill.

There is also a new video of the incident showing Floyd was handcuffed already before the knee on his neck.

www.tmz.com...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The issue here is the police are supposed to be an honorable, trustworthy organization that exist to keep us safe and protect our rights. The outrage is that the police have abused that power to kill a man who was on the ground, not resisting, and repeatedly telling the officer on top of him that he couldn't breathe.

Thanks for posting the statistics but they are irrelevant to this situation.
edit on 27-5-2020 by bigsnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

That doesn't make someone racist. It is an opinion. At one time you were allowed to have one.

Do the majority of you even know what racist means? It means you think you are 'better' or superior to another 'race'. You can hate someone and not be racist. You can be prejudice of someone and not be racist. FFS it is sad that it is thrown around the way it is.

The woman in the park recently. She was called racist because she described someone in the park as African American. Maybe she was at one time raped or attacked. We do not know that. But she calls a black guy an African American, not even dropping the N word, and now she has lost her job. (BTW she should have lost the dog and she was a nut but....) what I am saying is she was not being racist.

The cop who had his knee on the neck of the perp. His act was not racist but I would bet 2 to 1 he is.

1. Your post above is not even relevant to the thread itself
2. Your analysis of why she lost her job is 100% incorrect and disingenuous.

I mean, are you serious, dude? LOL

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I was responding to someone in the thread and I was trying to show how 'racist' is thrown around like a tag line. Then, in the end, I explained what a POS I thought the cop was.

I mean, are you a mod, dude? LOL

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's all about PAYBACK.

Disobey our "orders"? Get ready for PAYBACK.

Excercise your freedom of speech in a manner not to our liking? Get ready for PAYBACK.

My spouse and I aren't getting along, we fought all night...Get ready for PAYBACK.

We used to have peace officers that were an asset, not an ASS to their communities.

Now we have battle hardened ex-soldier LAW ENFORCERS who think they're "operators" still in Fallujah kicking down doors and clearing compounds.

We gotta stop recruiting our city cops from prior military. As a veteran myself, I'm sorry to have to say it, but it's the god damn truth. Our boys have had too many tours and when they come home they look to law enforcement has the next logical step in life bringing a lot of their former mindsets and tactics with them.

They bring the war home with them to our communities and this is what you get.

I don't think this has ever been addressed because most cops that are also veterans are not going to address it themselves. They protect each other like in war, and when ANYTHING happens to a fellow brother, get ready for PAYBACK.

Most cops don't know or even like to deescalate a situation because that's not "winning", that's giving in to defeat. They're simply not trained to disengage in that way.

Its us against them. That's an unfortunate truth but you better understand what that means or guess what?

Get ready for some PAYBACK!!

edit on 5/27/2020 by EternalShadow because: correction, eta

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Soldiers operate under a much stricter code of regulations and laws than do civilian police. That's the problem! Because of judicial apathy police are permitted to to get away with stuff that a soldier would be court martialed over.

I agree ex-military shouldn't become civilian police because it's two completely different disciplines, no matter how much police claim they are at war or protecting us from terrorist. But the ex-military as police is a small part of this problem IMO.

I think the largest problem aside from apathy is the gang mentality that is pervasive with the police. Every- freaking- thing with them is "Us against them" "thin blue line" BS.

They have forgotten they are servants and we need to remind them!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The issue here is the police are supposed to be an honorable, trustworthy organization that exist to keep us safe and protect our rights.

Supreme Court already decided police officers are not responsible for your safety. Sheriff's protect your rights, cops are not required to do that either.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I was responding to someone in the thread and I was trying to show how 'racist' is thrown around like a tag line. Then, in the end, I explained what a POS I thought the cop was.

I am the person you were responding to. I agree with you in that racist is a label that is thrown around too often, however, I never called the guy a racist, I said he was being racist. You don't have to be a racist in order to say or do something racist. I would bet dollars to donuts the poster I was referring to is not a racist, but I think what he said was definitely racist. I'm not an authority on racism so feel free to disagree with my opinion.

The reason I thought he was being racist is because he brought up black-on-black crime and then posted statistics regarding homicides committed by black criminals against white victims. The fact he brought that up tells me he is primarily focusing on the skin colors of the people involved in this incident and ignoring the main issue. There is a huge difference between a black criminal killing a white man and a white police officer killing a black man. Here's a hint: skin color is not the difference I am referring to.

That's why I thought it was racist. Criminals killing innocent people is different than cops killing innocent people so his race-based point is irrelevant to this discussion. A more relevant argument he could have made is "where is the media outrage when a black police officer kills a white person?" However, that argument holds no ground either because, if you recall, there was another incident in the same city(Minneapolis) just a few years ago where a black police officer shot and killed a white, Australian woman. There was plenty of media outrage surrounding that incident and that officer was fired, arrested, and sentenced to prison. I sincerely hope the same happens to the scumbag officer in this video.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

There are good cops..and there are bad cops. Just like there are good people...and bad people. The issue is no one wears a badge telling you who they are.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am the person you were responding to. I agree with you in that racist is a label that is thrown around too often, however, I never called the guy a racist, I said he was being racist. You don't have to be a racist in order to say or do something racist. I would bet dollars to donuts the poster I was referring to is not a racist, but I think what he said was definitely racist. I'm not an authority on racism so feel free to disagree with my opinion.

The reason I thought he was being racist is because he brought up black-on-black crime and then posted statistics regarding homicides committed by black criminals against white victims. The fact he brought that up tells me he is primarily focusing on the skin colors of the people involved in this incident and ignoring the main issue. There is a huge difference between a black criminal killing a white man and a white police officer killing a black man. Here's a hint: skin color is not the difference I am referring to.

That's why I thought it was racist. Criminals killing innocent people is different than cops killing innocent people so his race-based point is irrelevant to this discussion. A more relevant argument he could have made is "where is the media outrage when a black police officer kills a white person?" However, that argument holds no ground either because, if you recall, there was another incident in the same city(Minneapolis) just a few years ago where a black police officer shot and killed a white, Australian woman. There was plenty of media outrage surrounding that incident and that officer was fired, arrested, and sentenced to prison. I sincerely hope the same happens to the scumbag officer in this video.

Yes, Mohammed Noor made a careless mistake and he got 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter charges. These cops who killed Floyd need to get similar or harsher charges. The one cop who kneeled and killed Floyd actually looked like he was enjoying it the whole time. He even bounced on the guy's neck several times.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Re: heyjackass.com...

Chicago Memorial Day Weekend
Shooting tally: 10 killed / 42 wounded

Local Chicago News is focusing on one White Guy who killed one Black Guy in Minneapolis.

From Covid-19 perspective to Violence perspective, the News Media is batsh'it crazy.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You stop using deadly force once a subject is subdued and poses no additional threat. When a man or women is handcuffed they pose no serious threat, especially when there are 4 armed officers present.

So I am very clear, putting all of your weight on your knee while squatting on the back of somebody's neck on concrete and most other surfaces is deadly force. How 4 law enforcement officers allowed this to happen for this long instead of just getting him up and into the car is not only egregious, it is horrifyingly criminal.

I would be happy with Murder 1 charges because honestly, I can't think of one single scenario this is even remotely justified and yes, I know he initially resisted, that happens but once somebody is prone and in cuffs, get your knee off their God Damn neck.

I'm really really upset about this one because there were 4 cops there that day that all thought this was just fine and did nothing. That points to a very fundamental problem with our police force, it's hiring and training practices and what exactly they think they can get away with.

edit on 27-5-2020 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Thank you for pointing that slight out.

Correction: his hand is casually by his side instead of his pocket as he/they are murdering him for *resisting*.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist
Everyone, is pretty much in agreement!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I think they were calling her racist because she called the cops and threatened him specifically with his race over that with the assumption the cops would scare him especially as a black man. She was making the assumption that all cops are just out to murder black men.

I would call it racist in the stereotyping of him as a black man afraid of cops, and prejudiced against cops as looking to explicitly be violent against black men.

edit on 27-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Other thoughts- if the killer is indeed the same guy white the Make Whites Great Again hat, I can see this blowing up.

It does not matter if he was that POS. It should blow up anyway...

FFS...it should of blown up since 12 year Tamir Rice was gunned down for playing in a park by himself.

It should of blown up when 15 year old Jordan Edwards—from an upper middle-class family—had half his face blown off when the bullet exited from the back of head as he sat in the *passenger seat* with his brothers leaving a highschool party.

It’s felt, to me, as if we’ve been teetering on the edge of all out chaos, whether it’s racial tension, political tension....there’s tension.

Oh, there's always been tension within the States. I have house in Cali. I've spent much time in 40 States for business reasons. I also spend a lot of time in the U.K, Netherlands & Germany. I'm Canadian. That is FIVE countries I have LIVED in. Therefore, I can compare objectively (in a sense).

In saying that:

The way American people interact on a day to day basis that forms the fabric of their society is very hostile in a sense. I can't really put it into words. You guys like to poke/F# with each other a lot along with many other things. Very angry pent up society.

The only way Americans can truly understand what I'm trying to say is by actually travelling. Otherwise, they will never be able to understand why the rest of the world sees them the way they do.

Most Americans are GOOD people. It's a cool country that has given the world a lot despite being majorly F# up in a myriad of ways that does not reflect a G20 nation. The most powerful nation in the world is the most defunct.

Collectively; America has a long ways to go. Especially with the institutionalized systemic racism AND blatant racism. It's absolutely disgusting some of the things I've witnessed with my green eyes on American soil when it comes to that issue. Subtle and not so subtle.

Something in the water in the States...

People need to stop giving them balloons to inflate.

Or, you can ALL— white; black; hispanic;Asian;Christian;Jewish;Muslim;LGBT;Democrat;Republican — can come together and become truly United.

The rest of the world is tired of waiting on America to become civilized.

Grammar & punctuation still SUCKS!
edit on 27-5-2020 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join