It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Well passing bad currency is a sure fire way to get a visit from the goon squad. Even a hint at resistance will get you jacked.. Why even put yourself into a position to be accosted by these goons?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole
Buying while black?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ideally, you have to be convicted in a court of law before you are punished. Especially if a store owner "thinks" a tenner is "bad" and "thinks" you "might" have been the one who passed it to him.

Never mind the fact that most people wouldn't recognize a good counterfeit bill without serious scrutiny and it's' pretty likely we have all accidentally received or passed a funny bill at least once in our lives.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

There are good cops..and there are bad cops. Just like there are good people...and bad people. The issue is no one wears a badge telling you who they are.

They all might be good cops most of the time...every situation is a new one, BUT we expect professionals to to their jobs well and understand something like a knee to the neck of a cuffed man could create a situation where he doesn't stop struggling since he can not breath, or do anything about it. What if a surgeon doesn't like to wash their hands before surgery and they pass infections that kill the patent even those they might be a great surgeon. Seems kind of the same thing in a way.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Never mind the fact that most people wouldn't recognize a good counterfeit bill without serious scrutiny and it's' pretty likely we have all accidentally received or passed a funny bill at least once in our lives.

I think you can bet on it!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Ideally, you have to be convicted in a court of law before you are punished. Especially if a store owner "thinks" a tenner is "bad" and "thinks" you "might" have been the one who passed it to him.

Well that clerk thought it was a bad bill. Then in the video you can already see Floyd playing the roll and refusing to get out of the car. I think he can blame himself for at least part of the mess he found himself in. I am not saying the cops weren't goons but there are ways to keep yourself out of that penalty box..

I think Floyd knew he was about to take a trip to the big house and got a bit animated and they took him down. Its all the false outrage that I find suspect here..

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Buying while black?

I said passing bad currency will get you a visit from the goon squad.. I didn't mention color of skin. You feeling like a foggy racist, ready to jump?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
You may be correct, I got some information tonight that gave me chills. This #-storm is going get Yellow-Stone big if it plays out the way I think. My source is a buddy who happens to be a Mpls cop. He is currently working the riots now. Watch for the cop cams and the cause of death.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halgroar
You may be correct, I got some information tonight that gave me chills. This #-storm is going get Yellow-Stone big if it plays out the way I think. My source is a buddy who happens to be a Mpls cop. He is currently working the riots now. Watch for the cop cams and the cause of death.

Let me guess, he overdosed?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
another ashole a reply to: Stupidsecrets

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Won't change much if so. The cop did his thing for 10 mins, well beyond any reasonable length of time.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
another ashole a reply to: Stupidsecrets

How?

Why?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You did...
a reply to: vonclod

This is why some / many have no trust for authority. Not just because some feel they can kill a human as if they will not have to pay true judgment as they age...as the physical fades and the consciousness remains. But also because "WE" as a people couldn't even count on the other authorities to step up and act like actual police and save a man dying in front of them from being murdered as he begged for help

It's like some really think no one is catching on or from afar are WATCHING that many in authority positions dont respect nor believe in a higher power over their ETERNAL souls relocation and judgment.

Yet they pray... To who?
Right😒
As a true judge can or does read the intent within the spirituality judged telepathically.
So even though the laws may play favorite ( it's just another dead black human who cares-why do they act like that again? )
Right🤔 the rules of the phases of life and death within Existence make balance when truth is asked to the soul being judged and of ALL PEERS who interacted with said judged soul...

I am so numb to this repeated ignorance now that I just watched on to see how ignorance and evil can and does sometimes take over a human vessel in authority positions as I watched the supposed protector drain life away slowly why his look outs stood by.

Unno maybe some not all humans are virus like to this world and life on it as some have speculated the nonhumans to speculate about human behavior...

Stay Sharp ATS they are taking spiritual notes.
It actually makes sense. Read their minds to see how well what they speak matches what they think.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Won't change much if so. The cop did his thing for 10 mins, well beyond any reasonable length of time.

Yeah, it would change things.

If George died of something not directly caused by what the cops did to him, then they can and should still be charged for their negligence in not noticing his medical distress, but that won't be the murder charges/lynching the angry mob wants.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BastogneFoxHole

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Buying while black?

I said passing bad currency will get you a visit from the goon squad.. I didn't mention color of skin. You feeling like a foggy racist, ready to jump?

Nope
Were he a white person making the mistake of having acquired fake money unknowingly and attempting to pass it on; things would have transpired much differently.
Buying while black

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, it would change things.

If George died of something not directly caused by what the cops did to him, then they can and should still be charged for their negligence in not noticing his medical distress, but that won't be the murder charges/lynching the angry mob wants.

I agree in essence, but it won't change whats going on there, why they are pissed.

And I think it would be safe to say, the knee on the neck for 10 mins could/would be a contributing factor..even if it was a heart attack, or W.H.Y.
edit on 28-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They would call before hand and make an appointment to chat, especially if the yard was 50' from sidewalk to door and the grass was trimmed and green. It's astounding people don't see this.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Under the Eggshell Skull Rule they could still conceivably be charged for murder if illegal actions contributed to the death even if he had a pre-existing medical condition.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I completely agree but I could see a nightmare scenario where the cops get off because he overdosed.

edit on 28-5-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: ketsuko

Under the Eggshell Skull Rule they could still conceivably be charged for murder if illegal actions contributed to the death even if he had a pre-existing medical condition.

It's already been brought up that knee to neck is apparently allowed in Minneapolis, so it would be difficult to call that itself illegal? I would say at that point it would be whether or not that length of time he was being restrained in that fashion was ruled justified.

And considering the seeming gross disregard for the man's health on display considering he didn't seem to be fighting them, this would be a prosecution you don't want to mess up by reaching for charges you don't have a good chance of making stick. In the Freddie Gray case in Baltimore, the charges were the work of a politically motivated and overzealous prosecutor/system. So every one of the people involved walked when lesser charges would likely have had a good chance of sticking.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join