It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominic Cummings Visited Parents Home While He Had Symptoms

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilAxis

And this is the Man that Boris thought was somewhat indispensable where Brexit was concerned.

The same fellow that assesses his capability to drive safely, by bringing along the family, for a ""test drive"" to the local castle after suffering from COVID 19 and whilst experiencing issues with his sight???!!!

The same genius, that has a hand in issuing the stay at home guidelines, then presumes it's ok to drive 240 miles up the M1/A1 to ""shelter in place"" whilst the majority of the rest of the nation, solder on in place, and do as they were asked???!!!

You have to wonder what this upstanding member of the community has or holds over Boris?

edit on 25-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Don't know how reliable this linked site is, but interesting info on why DC was REALLY in Barnard Castle...
Barnard Castle and Klaxo Smith-Kline

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

To be fair, Cummings is only guilty of breaking the "spirit" of the guidelines if people want to insist he did something wrong. The distance travelled is a red herring - would it have been OK if his family were within walking distance of his home?

This remains a witch hunt and harassment of a person many people hate because of his role in Brexit. If he was a Labour MP, then there would not have been such a fuss. Oh look, Stephen Kinnock MP!

Me, I am ambivalent about Cummings and think that the press harassment has been nasty and vindictive and highly politicised. The imbalance in reporting is why many people are turning off the UK press, especially as the crowd media standing outside of his home are themselves not social distancing. Hypocrites hounding hypocrites tends to create cynicism.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The spirit of the guidelines that he helped create issue no less.

This is not about Labour vs Tory, he let everyone down, the entire nation.

It seems to me the man was unwilling to follow the same rules he expected everyone else to follow.

As to the press treatment of him what did he expect?

Their idiots but they are in good company.

Put it this way if the Man had came out yesterday and apologized for his blatant disregard for his own rules they would have a hell of a lot less to hound him and his family about.

Guess just like the rest of the people of the nation apologies are beneath him.
edit on 26-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
It seems to me the man was unwilling to follow the same rules he expected everyone else to follow.

He was following the rules. He was seeking to safeguard his child. Those Labour MPs who have not followed the rules have got away with barely a mention.

As to the press treatment of him what did he expect?

The press are creating the news and stooping to the lowest levels of harassment and vindictiveness. This is a case study in double standards.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Supposed to shelter in place where you reside, 240 miles up the road sure ain't that.

As to his trip to castles so as to establish the veracity of his capability to drive whilst his wife and son were in the car???!!!

Who the hell in the there right mind would do that???

That's just a blatant lie.

Cummings created the news, the press is simply doing the piss poor job they always do, and in this instance its his double standards and lies that are in question.
edit on 26-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It points out two things. One, they see you as below them. Two, the seriousness of the pandemic is overstated.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
What he actually said with regards to the family members in London was "Why should I involve them when I have a 17yr old niece in Durham who's offered to do it"
Nice...let's get out of London which is ground zero quick and let my niece get infected instead. However, as it happens, once he'd dropped the wife & kid off with his parents, he sodded off back to London!! He "thinks" he "may" have stopped off at a service station for petrol etc but "can't quite remember", then he buggered off back up to Durham. Then on his wife's birthday they all went out for the day to Barnard Castle to feed the ducks and "test his eyesight". Jeez how stupid do these supposed intellectuals think the public plebs are?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I think the seriousness of the pandemic depends on the area in question and the R rate within.

They see us as slaves or at least indentured servants, and when the fields are empty, they cannot make hay, sun shining or otherwise.

We need to get back to work, if for no other reason than to mitigate the coming recession the likes of which we have yet to witness, but there is little point in doing so, if we are only going to have to repeat the performance a month or so down the line.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
What he actually said with regards to the family members in London was "Why should I involve them when I have a 17yr old niece in Durham who's offered to do it"

Why should he have to explain to 'anyone' his reasons? Families are complicated

he may have personal reasons for trusting one sister more than another, not every

one wishes to air their dirty linen in public. Just heard someone on TV say his son

was autistic? dont know whether its true or not....... but it had occured to me!!

But again I see no reason why he should have to explain to anyone, next thing

will be people want to know if he is hoarding toilet rolls.

Nice...let's get out of London which is ground zero quick and let my niece get infected instead. However, as it happens, once he'd dropped the wife & kid off with his parents, he sodded off back to London!! He "thinks" he "may" have stopped off at a service station for petrol etc but "can't quite remember", then he buggered off back up to Durham. Then on his wife's birthday they all went out for the day to Barnard Castle to feed the ducks and "test his eyesight". Jeez how stupid do these supposed intellectuals think the public plebs are?

Every one is an expert on his movements!! But he maintains he can prove

he didn't do the journey twice.......

But Hey why bother........ just lynch the man because he isnt liked.

By the way my sight is being investigated (which is on hold due to the cov 19

isolation) I am having similar symptoms as him but it is not an optic issue it

is something to do with my nervous system..... I have a doctors appointment

this afternoon .

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I give up...I think you've missed the whole point but hey nevermind
So you off for a drive to check out your eyesight then?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I give up...I think you've missed the whole point but hey nevermind
So you off for a drive to check out your eyesight then?

Yes I did do that....... and its not my eyesight, its a neurologist I have to see

not an optician. God save me from all these arm chair know all's

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Seems you missed the point again...its called humour..in light of what the thread is about

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

He was following the rules. He was seeking to safeguard his child.

Cummings was exploiting a loophole designed to safeguard victims of domestic abuse.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
It points out two things. One, they see you as below them. Two, the seriousness of the pandemic is overstated.

If it is overstated, Cummings is responsible for that too.
He was one of the SAGE architects of the lockdown restrictions so many of us have diligently adhered to, often at great emotional and financial cost.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That's exactly one of the elements that makes Cummings horrendous handling of the situation entirely unpalatable to the majority of the British public who endeavored so fervently to follow the rules set in place by Cummings and his ilk.

People canny even attend the funerals of there own loved ones or hold there hand whilst they pass away and Cummings is trapezing around the nation at will, whilst not even being able to see properly???!!!

If that's not taking the proverbial urine i don't know what is!

The words he was after were "Sorry troops, im an arse, and piss poor excuse for a human being, please forgive me."

He could not manage them all the same.

edit on 27-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
By claiming that Cummings acted responsibly and within the law, Johnson, Gove and other Conservative MPs have announced to the public that if you feel dizzy (as Cummings said he did after the first half of his 60 mile drive) and fear your eyesight is unfit for driving, it is reasonable and legal to drive.

When asked if he would go on a 60 mile round trip to test his eyesight, Gove even claimed to have done so, with his wife, before clamming up.

Conservative MP Gary Sambrook said that driving with defective eyesight for half an hour on A-roads with a young child in a back seat was a “fair and reasonable thing to do.”

So the British government is now insisting that patently reckless, illegal behaviour that endangers the public is sensible and appropriate, and they engage in it themselves.

If a person drives a motor vehicle on a road while his eyesight is such that he cannot comply with any requirement as to eyesight he is guilty of an offence,
Section 96, UK Road Traffic Act 1988.

edit on 27-5-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Sometimes when you find yourself in a hole you should stop digging.

If Cummings had simply held his hands up and apologised this would all have probably blown over by now.

But his arrogant and casual dismissal of people's concerns at his hypocrisy has angered people no end.

This is now being compounded by leading Tory MP's in their support of him which only shows to emphasise that deep down this shower of #e currently in Westminster ar eno different from their predecessors and have nothing but contempt for the ordinary people of this country and their concerns and believe they are above the laws they themselves draft and seek to impose.

Looks like most of us are more in it together than others.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

If he had plowed into the back of some artic doing 70mph going up that M1 and his Mrs and the poor kid had ended up through the windscreen and had to be scarped off the back of the truck down to his impaired eyesight you have to wonder if the MPs, authorities, and others would still consider his actions to be a "fair and reasonable thing to do".

That's was anybody else they would take away their license or at least ban them and make them resit a test.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The thing is, they know that we know the testing eyesight excuse is abominable and absurd. Of course we aren't going to believe it, but the government shows contempt for the electorate by demonstrating how little they care.

They in turn have earned great contempt from the public. 'Johnson's brain' has been preserved at all cost, fully revealing the craven shambles that now lead the country.
edit on 28-5-2020 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join