It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He seems to be ramping up in the last 24 hours.

People say that’s a very distinct possibility. It's standard. And we're going to put out the fires. We're not going to close the country. We’re going to put out the fires,” Trump told reporters during a tour of a Ford manufacturing plant in Ypsilanti, Mich., when asked if he was concerned about a second wave of COVID-19. Trump expressed confidence in the country’s ability to contain future outbreaks, referring to them as “embers.”

Whether it’s an ember or a flame, we’re going to put it out. But we’re not closing our country,” the president continued.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

It has to happen. The direct and fascist violations of Constitutional Rights in absence of the ONLY legal pathway to restrict those Rights (declaration of Martial law) MUST be challenged on the highest levels and as quickly as possible. Otherwise we've got no Constitution and all this has done is set a road map for future Rights violations by states and municipalities.

As I see it, DOJ has a couple hundred parties that need to be brought before the courts, from governors to mayors to county managers... anyone who used COVID as an excuse to infringe on the Rights, freedoms, and liberties of Americans should be treated like the fascist pigs they are and face the music.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

Yep. I think herding all of the hoaxers into the same large room and breathing the same air while singing hymns, and blowing respiratory particles into the air is a great idea. I am not sure why Trump is trying to kill his base population, but oh well. I am exhausted with trying to do my part to stop the spread of the virus, and more exhausted dealing with fools.

It is time to let Darwin have his way with these morons.

Why do you assume they will not social distance/wear masks in church too?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

No one should be forced to go to church, nor should they be prevented from doing so.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
there's a deception being invented here somehow....i like Trump but

shill since he didn't go after the Clintons really

oh, my reasoning on this

this life is all about.....not the worldly crap.....not the work a day, no it's more

You are fixin to witness God yanking His people and it will obvious by plan that Israel is the subject and no one will be able to save them from the armies in the huge plain.....Israel will be saved from the zillion man army.....limited nukes, huh?....a short Ezekiel war.....not Armageddon yet....

wrap up.....this life gonna go on forever.....with guiie and crime and sorrow and pain......answer.....thank God no......
edit on 22-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well played Mr. President. Unless a Governor declares Martial Law, and revokes Constitution rights, they have zero legal authority to do this.

I would also say, if there is a challenge, and the fact that it is a basic Constitutional issue, it should go immediately to the SCOTUS for ruling.

This has gone on long enough. I'm not particularly religious, but that has nothing to do with "inalienable godgiven rights".

The alternative is our constitution has become a sham, a fraud, an illusion......

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
CNN has found some experts to say the federal government cannot override what a stake mandates.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

(post by GBP/JPY removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
But....
The churches dont even believe they are an essential service....
Or maybe it's just depends on who's power and authority over whom they are trying to protect...

By the way, trump cant order the churches to reopen. He might get away with ordering the governors to allow them to open but there is no way he can order the churches to reopen!! Many will not... and it will increase the division within the churches.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

people that are immune compromised, or care for the immune compromised should have enough common sense not to go. If not, well, # happens basically. The reality is, if you are under 50, in good health, the chance of covid being an issue is less than 1%. if you are old, realistically they will stay home. Now, churches may open up. Now they have the opportunity too. HOWEVER, its not about whether they do or not. Its about the government no longer being able to dictate whether you do or not. There is supposed to be separation of Church and state. that means the government can not unduly influence your ability to worship how you want, when you want, where you want. The is giving power to the people, where it belongs, and letting the people decide if they actually want to go. Me personally, I think its great. Will I be going for the next 2 months, Nope. Will I go after that, probably not. However that is MY decision. It is MY life, and if I want to pray to god buck naked in my living room that's my choice. If I want to do it in a church, well, that's my choice to. I have to live with the consequences either way. its something called personal responsibility and accountability. In other words, think, evaluate and make the best decision for you. If someone else thinks differently great. they can go to them, you can go do you, and I'll go do me. These aren't laws. These are dictates, and nobody has any right to dictate a damn thing to anyone. They want to change the law, change the law. Until then All the governors can absolutely F off.

Camain

(post by olaru12 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm wondering how the communion would be taken. Will the priest be able to give the body of Christ to those who wish to take it, will there be checks.

I get the need for devotees to be given the pastors word but...at the end of the day, how will this practically work?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Yep. I think herding all of the hoaxers into the same large room and breathing the same air while singing hymns, and blowing respiratory particles into the air is a great idea. I am not sure why Trump is trying to kill his base population, but oh well. I am exhausted with trying to do my part to stop the spread of the virus, and more exhausted dealing with fools.

Because trump doesn't wear one and he is their "chosen one" that should be emulated and protected at all cost.

This is a fascile argument.
edit on 22-5-2020 by Jonjonj because: speeling

(post by incoserv removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

US President Donald Trump has declared that churches, synagogues and mosques are ‘essential’ establishments. He ordered governors to allow them to reopen immediately, and threatened to override them if they refuse.

Any governor that has a problem with this can call the president, but will not find understanding, Trump added. If the governors refuse to allow the houses of worship to reopen immediately, this very weekend, “I will override the governors,” he said.

Source

Good! These places are important to many people, and it's a shame they've been forced to close! It's about time!

and this is why everyone on the planet abhors extremist leftists - hyper intolerant, brainwashed to low-info levels and the very definition of an hysterical hater.

You wouldn't happen to be Hillarys personal assistant would you - your intolerance and hate sounds remarkably like hers!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Because trump doesn't wear one and he is their "chosen one" that should be emulated and protected at all cost.

This is a fascile argument.

No it isn't. Anyone that has researched cult behavior, knows how the devotees act toward the object of their devotion.

study.com...
edit on 22-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I’m surprised a preacher with a touch of political genius hasn’t held church in Walmart yet.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I believe the ones that have opened are operating at about 10% capacity. They are staying 6 feet apart.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The churches should never have been forced to close. How dare them? This is their time to shine. No one should sought to protect religious folks from viruses. "The devil is a liar!"
This is the time to separate reality from myths and fairy tales.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join