It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

A lot of people that like to "crowd" together, wouldn't agree with you.

The Christian bible, specifically states, "neglect not, the assembly of yourselves together".

No "believer", gives Two sh*ts about what, "you think", is "essential".

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Dumb.

Absolutely nothing essential about people crowding in a church, synagouge, temple or mosque. You can worship just fine from home in practically any religion. Christianity actively encourages it. If you need spiritual guidance from your holy man/woman of choice i’m almost 100% sure you don’t need to see them face to face.

Great harm can come from large concentrations of mostly older and therefore more vulnerable people.

Separation of Church and State works both ways. In fact, it can be correctly argued that the original intent was to keep the state out of the church more than it was intended to keep the church out of the state based on the conditions when the First Amendment was written including the king of England being the dictator over the Church of England.

Of the 3 Abrahamic faiths, coming together in worship is absolutely mandated and a vital part of the religions, it's called "congregating" and it's important enough that those groups of worshipers are known as the church's "congregation." The Bible is filled with calls for fellowship, gathering in the name of the Lord, and worship by the body of the Church in unity.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just a minute here...If you can "pray the gay away" I would think praying the covid demons back to their hellish lair would be childs play!!

Hugging and shaking hands is all part of the experience in every church I've attended. I love the Catholic ritualistic experience even though I'm mostly agnostic.

edit on 22-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yeah staying 6 feet apart in church is terrible, let's all go to the packy and get some beer, that's open.

I dunno they really seem to like to pack them in the churches. More full pews means more donations after all.

Dunno how it works in a synagouge, mosque or temple but i assume it’s a similar system.

But tell me, how is a church or other place of worship essential? You know in the same way grocery stores, hospitals and the like are? Will society collapse and the state cease to function without churches? Perhaps true for the Vatican, but nowhere else i imagine.
edit on 2252020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

(post by Breakthestreak removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
It really does seem like there are people who actually believe the wuflu is dangerous

Pathetic

this guy thinks its a pandemic and says he always did, even before others called it a pandemic and he always viewed it as very serious, talk about exaggerating,right?

edit on 22-5-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Considering many locales deemed federally illegal marijuana dispensaries "essential," I'd say the ridiculousness of allowing the government to define what is essential and nonessential is already been proven to be an abject failure.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
It really does seem like there are people who actually believe the wuflu is dangerous

Pathetic

this guy thinks its a pandemic and says he always did, even before others called it a pandemic and he always viewed it as very serious, talk about exaggerating,right?

I disagree with him

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

If there is a God in heaven he will be shaking his head and thinking look at those daft bastards down there packed into churches and chapels like Sardines.

Take what you get, or more like reap what you sow really, which will be COVID 19 all over the shop with another second wave to contend with.
edit on 22-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

so do I , i generally find ALL politicians to talk utter BS, flip flopping from one stance to another, all they want is your X in a box on voting day, then they could not give 2 hoots about any of us.

link   

(post by OccamsRazor04 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: trollz

If there is a God in heaven he will be shaking his head and thinking look at those daft bastards down there packed into churches and chapels like Sardines.

Take what you get, or more like reap what you sow really.

The same God who's son physically embraced lepers and encouraged His followers to do the same? Yeah, somehow I think your calling the wrong people "daft bastards" here.
edit on 22-5-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Yeah. Pretty much.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Naw mate, i think the organized religious sorts willing to place their lives, and others, in jeopardy by parading about en mass in enclosed places with communicable viruses on the lose qualify as the epitome of daft bastards.

No two ways about it really.

Wanna make a bet God don't save them?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Link #1.... a "handful of pastors"
Link # 2....three churches.. in chicago?? Do you have any idea how many churches are in chicago?
Link #3. I'll have to find what I was reading and link to it.
But, there is what sounds like a whole association of islamic mosques that are saying no, not unless they feel it can be safely done.

My guess is that we probably wont see any consistency within the denominations even.. some will open even if it's illegal to do so or should I say will.. some will open first chance they get, and others will be cautious about it and wait.
Which is why I say it will dow more division within the church as those that open up obeying what really sounds like a command made by trump will be seen as trump churches and those that dont will be seen as liberal churches, working to undermine the trump presidency, evil and not christian at all.. enemies of the state that need to be shut down...

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You're not using "reap what you sow" in the right context.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Why would he say that when they are using social distancing and taking precautions.

Elim Romanian took considerable steps to adhere to the state’s social distancing and public safety guidelines: Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer were made available, temperature checks were conducted at the door and capacity was limited to 120 worshippers, though the church’s main auditorium and overflow rooms can hold 1,300.

chicago.suntimes.com... ois

Less than 10% capacity, really packed em in!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Well if you do stupid things, bad things are apt to happen.

Reap what you sow means you get what you deserve, whatever you put your time, talent, and energy into is what you get back, and that may very well be COVID 19, as unfortunate as the case may be.

I think i have the context covered just fine.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If 1 church is demanding to be open it needs to be as long as it does so responsibly. End of story. We have Constitutional rights. Churches are NOT begging to stay closed as you claimed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join