It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ALL MY fault.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I did this, me and my wishful thinking...you see about 3 months ago, I was laying in bed, staring at my ceiling (as I often have), searching for answers and reasons...you know...why the world was such a messed up place, wars everywhere, people starving and homeless, mass shootings, racism...death and destruction all around us, with seemingly no end in sight...So, I asked my higher power what could I do...It's out of your control a voice whispered to me, there is absolutely nothing you can do about evil and greed, they are indestructible...They are the black holes of the Universe, they will suck the life out of ALL eventually, it is inevitable...BUT NO, I screamed in my head, there MUST be something I can do...So, I cried and cried and cried...When I was done crying and soaked in my own saltiness, it happened, I said hey, why not let there be a great cleansing...A metamorphic calamity that brings the world to a halt, a reason for everyone to STOP killing each other, to care about others, to pause and reflect, to find empathy and sympathy, to STOP taking life for granted...Then...It's ALL MY fault. Sorry.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
First, I do not think you are responsible for any of this, it is not your fault.

Second, your wish for a cleansing is disturbing. I do not know where you see empathy and sympathy in a cleansing.

If we need a cleansing to begin caring about each other, how long would that last? Ten generations? Then we forget.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Get over yourself. Unless you're Bill Gates (of hell) I'd be fairly sure you weren't at any of the planning meetings.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
No, no, you must blame everybody on ATS who was complaining about the excessive focus on Obama and Trump. They have got what they wished for- a change of topic.

edit on 22-5-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
No, no, you must blame everybody on ATS who was complaining about the excessive focus on Obama and Trump. They have got what they wished for- a change of topic.

Ah, The Good Ol' Days... They are looking better and better all the time .

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

It’s all in your head, I was speaking to someone here and they said the world was all good and fine

God flooded it once so I believe
Said he wouldn’t do it again.
Can’t stop evil but it will all end one way or another

If it is your fault, you really owe me my life back

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Did you at least sneeze in the end?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
People are still killing each other.
Don’t flatter yourself.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Sorry buddy. The only thing this virus is cleansing — is the toilet paper off the shelves.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Dbl...see below
edit on 22-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: Damn auto-correct

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We need opposites in this world for balance.

If it was all good, everywhere, everyday....we wouldn't know how to appreciate things....

Ie: black, white, up, down, in, out, beer-wine, evil-good, girl,boy, car, truck, dog, cat...etc etc...

It's life...and not your fault...or ours

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sounds like the story of Noah's Ark.

And even God couldn't fix it...

edit on 22-5-2020 by Tropics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

We need opposites in this world for balance.

If it was all good, everywhere, everyday....we wouldn't know how to appreciate things....

Ie: black, white, up, down, in, out, beer-wine, evil-good, girl,boy, car, truck, dog, cat...etc etc...

It's life...and not your fault...or ours

I don't think we need opposites to balance.

Good and evil are subjective, relative to personal experience.

Neither are essential to life.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I see what you did there!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: HummaKavula
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I see what you did there!

Damn I'm slow.

Best comment

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Interesting! However I'm trying to make some sense of your experience. It seems that there's no decisive final solution to earth's problems according to your story. There'd be a "great cleansing and people will stop killing each other", great so far, but what happens to the humanity's enemies, the evil? They were "indestructible" according to your inner voice. That wouldn't solve the problems, would it? Just trying to find some logic in all this, if there is any.

Also, whose voice was that, that told you "there is absolutely nothing you can do about evil and greed, they are indestructible..."? Did you ask Him/Her about his/her identity? Was it maybe your voice?

And why you felt it was your fault? In our dreams we make many mistakes.

edit on 22-5-2020 by miri2019 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul
I did this, me and my wishful thinking...you see about 3 months ago, I was laying in bed, staring at my ceiling (as I often have), searching for answers and reasons...you know...why the world was such a messed up place, wars everywhere, people starving and homeless, mass shootings, racism...death and destruction all around us, with seemingly no end in sight...So, I asked my higher power what could I do...It's out of your control a voice whispered to me, there is absolutely nothing you can do about evil and greed, they are indestructible...They are the black holes of the Universe, they will suck the life out of ALL eventually, it is inevitable...BUT NO, I screamed in my head, there MUST be something I can do...So, I cried and cried and cried...When I was done crying and soaked in my own saltiness, it happened, I said hey, why not let there be a great cleansing...A metamorphic calamity that brings the world to a halt, a reason for everyone to STOP killing each other, to care about others, to pause and reflect, to find empathy and sympathy, to STOP taking life for granted...Then...It's ALL MY fault. Sorry.

A tale as old as Time;

“Take Care in What you Wish for, for your Wish Might Be Granted!”

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is what happens when people touch themselves at night.

Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation. God I got to get out more
edit on 22-5-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Tropics

Incorrect. Sit at the top of a teeter-totter with a friend on the bottom.

Now, you jump off. Point. Balance and opposites. Our lives are filled w them.

top topics

join