It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH?? - Is everyone on vacation??? Does nobody call back anymore??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I swear, ever since all this "WFH" BS, people are becoming less and less available. The "W" in 'WFH' is "Work", people...and you're supposed to be working!!!

It should be easier than ever to get a hold of someone now than it ever was before all this crap. Why? Because they're WORKING from HOME for cripes sakes! Where are they gonna' go? Pick up the gawd damned phone!

I've got no less than a dozen phone calls out to people, and...**crickets** And, over half of those phone calls are about them getting paid for something!! (not me needing something).

And the ones who do call back are like..."Oh yeah, sorry about that, I'll get right on it. I've just been really busy."

You've been BUSY??? Busy doing WHAT?? You don't have F*-all to do, and you're getting paid to work from home...but you're too BUSY to do work??? WTF???

Sorry, but this crap is just pissing me off!
edit on 5/19/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The majority of people working from home do not produce as much. They are sharing pictures of their cat on facebook.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Then there's suckers like me who want the business to thrive now and in the new world and work up until 8-9 at night at times....

I'm in IT, this whole crisis has our industry expected to grow by 22%

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Well, at least you're "working" from home!

I'll bet you answer the phone too, don't ya?

I need to buy a $380,000 radio transceiver and I can't get these people to even return my phone call. The one guy who all their contact numbers point to has a voice mail which says he'll be out until the end of April. APRIL!! It's May 19th now! Left VMs left and right and they won't call back. Unbelievable!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Only 22 percent?
My work load has doubled.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think I'm going to start a new business. It will be called...

"I WILL Call You Back!, LLC."

For a couple bucks, people can call me, leave their number and I WILL return their damn phone call!

Unreal!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
People are losing it big time.

You can be productive from home, but nothing is normal. So no one is normal. My aunt worked successfully from home for years, but the world around her was also normal.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They are already on it.

The coronavirus pandemic has forced about a third of U.S. workers to do their jobs from home. In turn, companies are ramping up the use of software to monitor what their employees do all day.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, at least you're "working" from home!

I'll bet you answer the phone too, don't ya?

I need to buy a $380,000 radio transceiver and I can't get these people to even return my phone call. The one guy who all their contact numbers point to has a voice mail which says he'll be out until the end of April. APRIL!! It's May 19th now! Left VMs left and right and they won't call back. Unbelievable!

You know it! I've attended multiple video calls with a client and their people across the glove to help them upgrade their current cloud communication system, integrate it with their CRM and push the solution out to the Canadian office.

Am about to be promoted from Inside Sales Manager to Head of Marketing and have done all of this during the pandemic by working like I should!

Those who can't adapt to this way of working are in serious trouble going forward...

Can't believe no one is taking your call!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Only 22 percent?
My work load has doubled.

We seen a 33% increase for requests to the service desk....would be triple the workload for one or two of those guys!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Bro, everyone’s been checked the fu## out. I checked out two months ago. Started walking away from the phone. Totally liberating!

Checking back in now. AZ is open for business. Happy to go back to work. Unhappy to constantly be on call with the phone.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I am getting paid by the job.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Some industries are busier than normal due to work from home. If they were not busy they would be available to answer your call not the other way around.

Leave a message and wait for a call back just like everyone else.
Some people are very very busy reading things on ATS

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It takes me all of a few minutes to complete a job depending on what it is. How many I do depends on how focused I want to be.

I have a target for income I need to aim for, and right now, I'm past it be a decent amount. So this month, everything I do is icing.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'll readily admit when I was working as an automation technician working remotely from home I would be reading or watching TV. That's right. I don't think it's shameful at all.

I got paid six figures a year to sit in my underwear and "work from home" because of my knowledge and experience.

It was barely work. I'd occasionally get a call from whichever facility was having issues. I'd connect to the system having issues, and diagnose it from home. Figure out what was the problem, and then the electricians would take care of it.

It's not my fault I was able to negotiate my salary, and habe employers willing to pay me that much.

The only downside to it was that essentially I was on call 24/7.

As far as not returning calls, yeah that's irresponsible.

I will say though that if I get a call from a number I don't recognize I won't answer it. If I don't get a text message or voicemail I wom't return the call.

I don't want some asshat technician calling me and bugging me about something that I shouldn't even be hearing about.

If it gets to the point that a supervisor or team lead has to call me they know to leave a message about what the problem is and why they are attempting to contact me.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is a lot to be said for having structure in our lives. Getting up at the same time, going to work at the same time, not in your house coat and slippers. It makes me more productive and frankly happier.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Problem is, they DON'T call back! Not businesses, or people. It's not a matter of hours, it's a matter of DAYS! Weeks even.

The radio transmitter I mentioned above probably has a 8-10 week lead time and it will take another 6 weeks to get it shipped internationally (with all the corruption and customs BS). The customer needs it now...and the manufacturer won't even call back.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I've burned up every shred of bandwidth I had in the past three months. I've had to upgrade not only my home internet bandwidth, but also my phones. I've NEVER ate up that much bandwidth, BUT...I'm WORKING!! I'm completely maxed out.

Where the F# are some of these people?????

I'm not just sitting here rubbing my feet...I'm actually WORK-ING!!

WTH ?!?!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I shut down my office and have worked from home for the last 3 years as a cost saving measure. Out of more than 15 people I've given the opportunity to, to do the same, only one worked out. He and I now do the work I used to keep 5 people in the office to do and still we have lots of spare time.

I've concluded most people are incapable of being productive from home without direct supervision.

I share your frustration as I'm trying to contact a list of people right now, and they won't return my damn calls either.

Same case as your issue in that I know most of them have nothing to do most of the day. We have to face it, most people are lazy unless they have a supervisor of some sort looking over their shoulder, and then they wonder why they never move up the ladder or progress. Clock watchers never do, but they sure complain a lot.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
People are losing it big time.

You can be productive from home, but nothing is normal. So no one is normal. My aunt worked successfully from home for years, but the world around her was also normal.

To reopen restaurant in Oregon
Restaurants and bars must:
Ensure tables are spaced at least six (6) feet apart so that at least six (6) feet between parties is maintained, including when customers approach or leave tables
Require all employees to wear cloth face or disposable coverings (provided by the employer)
End all on-site consumption of food and drinks by 10pm
govstatus.egov.com...

You get more Covid after 10 Pm!
The local Denny's can't open their walkway between tables is about 4 ft so passing through you are too close to tables on either side. The Bar area would have 3 people after they space them out. Never going to pay the workers and expenses that way.

They require a bunch of various signs one asking about your symptoms and even want someone watching the restrooms to be sure no one "congregates".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join