It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do We Have To Offer?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There's a lot of phantasies going around how "they" would come and give us new technology, new science, new everything and answers to everything.
There are lots of phantasies "they" were here for gold, water and a lot of crap they could have easier basically everywhere else.

Let's imagine you went on a trip and made contact, you're chilling with them and naturally at some point you say "oh guys this will be so great when the others back home get to meet you!"
And they ask you: "Why would we want to make contact with Earth?"

What's the answer? What would we have to offer? We would benefit for sure, learn a lot, make a leap in every way. But what would they get?
It doesn't matter if you think "they" are ET, not ET, ID, more matter than we or less, grey, green, spiritual, technological...
My question is what positive attribute is unique to humans?
What do we have to offer?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Nothing.

Except maybe to them we taste better then other species do.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

We have easily slicable cows.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I believe "advanced" includes superior energy intake. Would be crazy #ed up if they went on a space journey with such inefficent metabolism like we have.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Let's imagine you went on a trip and made contact, you're chilling with them and naturally at some point you say "oh guys this will be so great when the others back home get to meet you!"
And they ask you: "Why would we want to make contact with Earth?"

What's the answer? What would we have to offer? We would benefit for sure, learn a lot, make a leap in every way. But what would they get?
It doesn't matter if you think "they" are ET, not ET, ID, more matter than we or less, grey, green, spiritual, technological...
My question is what positive attribute is unique to humans?
What do we have to offer?

Hard to frame that if I do not know what they already experienced.

My answer would be love and hate and also a lot of nonsense and we have the hulk, whom brings all three together pretty neat.
edit on 19-5-2020 by Shibari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Why would we even want aliens to come here? We can't get along with each other and can't feed and house all the beings already here. They can keep their technology- the powerful would just find ways to abuse it anyway!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some of them find human women to be simply irresistible

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shibari

What do you mean with love? And why would they want that?
Nonsense is only funny if you get the cultural context. They wouldn't. And Hulk... no

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I guess that all depends on what THEY want.....
Something they don't have?
Souls?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

We would offer them the chance to practice patience.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

To study if they do no know it. Love and hate go hand in hand, same as other things. We could be interesting to them because of this, or boring because they have experienced it in the past.

If we speak about non human things, I would say there are some very nice places on earth and also the animal world.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Because they exist and might be an important part of the universe we try to explore. Maybe of the meta-universe our consciousness is connected to.
What will you do? Kill all imagination and thoughts?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

What if they're the artists formerly known as angels and demons, so technically they'd have maybe more soul.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Haha. True, maybe they appreciate how absurd the entire human condition is. Eye-rolling is maybe their aerobics.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shibari

Okay gut irrationality isn't what I'd call positive. What if they don't like smooches and being yelled at? And why would that be interesting?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What do we have to offer? A renewable food source.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

What if they're not biological? Anymore, or maybe never were.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I have heard that someone created these machines that can
consume human bodies for fuel.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
What would we have to offer?

Our way of being different from them and different from each other, while being all the same.

Besides that, we aren't the only thing on this planet, they could have many topics to study.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
led zeppelin.

<<   2  3 >>

join