It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What impact will the summer heat have on the Caronavirus Pandemic?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Have you seen the state the care homes or anywhere else the virus has taken hold are in through, its not exactly a teddy bears picnic.

What do you imagine will happen if they reopen the schools and it manages to take hold and spread, that's a full community affected and possibly infected, after all, weans are not exactly the cleanest animals on earth.

At least we could endeavor to clean away nuclear fallout and it's not contagious or has an incubation period where others can become infected in the same manner that COVID does.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Honestly, no. I attribute the decrease to the virus running its course. I think it's been here since November because both of my in-laws had the symptoms back then and doctors couldn't figure out what to diagnose them with. My F-i-L has COPD and he had to sleep with an oxygen mask on for almost 3 weeks while using Afrin during the day. My M-i-L got it a week later and has a hereditary heart issue. She stayed sick for 2 weeks and didn't take anything for it.

This, of course, is just my opinion.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'd be perfectly fine with the schools staying closed. I agree that they're Petri dishes. But businesses should be able to open and let common sense take care of the rest. People know if they're susceptible and get sick easily. That's who needs to be cautious. Not the millions that have been sent home.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Opinions are really all any of us have to go on, cold hards unequivocally facts where COVID is concerned remaining few and far between.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: DanDanDat

"The OP is about what affects heat will have on people who are also dealing with a pandemic."

Hot, and especially, humid weather, is known to be associated with increases in aggression and violence, as well as a lower general mood, then again so is a full moon.

Every cop has said this at one time or another since the beginning of civilization. People do not tolerate heat and high humidity well and violence can easily explode if the situation is right. As much as I love seeing fewer and smaller clothes on the female species, if it's over 90 and high humidity for extended periods I'm toast. I can't do anything besides lay in front of a fan or A/C.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Look at the Caribbean, Tropical and African countries. There is still spread and fatality from covid19, so not sure of that theory of the effect of heat?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Its been high 80s low 90s all month where I live.
The infected rate hasn't slowed. Yet.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

How hot has iran been during their outbreak?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well the hot weather isn't here yet but the elected leaders are already starting to squabble over the way each is choosing to address the issue.

New York City's Memorial Day beach closures 'irresponsible,' Nassau official says

“Everyone has a right to enjoy a safe summer with fresh air and relief from the heat, which is why the mayor’s refusal to implement social distancing guidelines and enforcement to keep NYC beaches open, like every other municipality in the tristate area, is both irresponsible and short sighted,” said Nassau communications director Christine Geed.

"We are one region, but the mayor is effectively skirting his responsibility to safeguard public health by creating an alternate reality where people will not travel over Memorial Day weekend,” Geed added. 

State Sen. Todd Kaminsky (D-Long Beach), whose district borders Rockaway, was worried the city’s decision could pose problems for Long Island. 

“I think it is bad for everyone,” Kaminsky said. “We all have to be on the same page this upcoming weekend. If we hit hot weather, if we hit beach weather I can tell you the officials out where I am, at every level of government, are preparing for a very chaotic scene because city beaches won’t be open."

I’ve said it before and I’m gonna say it again,” de Blasio said during his daily briefing on Sunday. "We are not opening our beaches on Memorial Day. We are not opening our beaches in the near term. It is not safe. It is not the right thing to do in the epicenter of this crisis.”

On Friday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said the decision is up to local officials.

"If they choose to open, they must adopt the state's requirements at a minimum and the chief executive can decide to do that," he said. " … If a locality doesn't open beaches, we need to know that because then we'll have more demand on state beaches in that area. 

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The poor native American Navajo nation doesn't seem to be fairing too well with the highest infection rate per capita in the U.S.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor
Look at the Caribbean, Tropical and African countries. There is still spread and fatality from covid19, so not sure of that theory of the effect of heat?

Which theory would that be?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Its been high 80s low 90s all month where I live.
The infected rate hasn't slowed. Yet.

Thanks for the info and the weather report; do you have anything to add to the topic of the thread?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I imagine the one that alludes to hot, and especially, humid weather being known to be associated with an increase in aggression and violence.

I thought that was what your thread was about?

That and depression plus any other psychosis the combined summer weather effects and covid 19 may bring about.

edit on 18-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The topic was whether or not heat would effect covid.

I gave an example of heat not effecting it.

i'm on topic. you are not.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
YES it is! Flock to our beaches, our parks and our theme parks! Move here and enjoy more liberty than many in the US. And we currently have probably the smartest and down to Earth realistic governor this state has EVER had!

Im so proud to have Ron DeSantis leading our great state right now.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join