It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What impact will the summer heat have on the Caronavirus Pandemic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Well if your R rate is above one and we/you/or anybody else open up to soon it may be beyond our medical health care establishments ability to control the spread of the disease, so there is that.

Cant stay in lockdown indefinitely, but opening again too soon may amount to out of the fat and into the fire, economic oblivion or otherwise.

I certainly don't believe all Trumps "We are back with or without a vaccine" nonsense, and neither do a significant amount of the state governors or so I'm lead to believe, nor the people in there state.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well, if summer heat kills it, I guess there's no way to get it from cooked bat.

Or the reverse...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
People seem to get really pissed off and stupid in the summer.

www.bjs.gov...

We also know covidsuperbug affects your BAC. Apparently it gave a guy in Colorado a .55 and he died from corona. This is one hell of a bug.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
People seem to get really pissed off and stupid in the summer.

The mask will help trigger more people.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
What?? People used to talk trash about florida. Our beaches are open, parks, barbershop, damn Disneyworld is opening, I love the disclaimer they using "guests assume all risks related to COVID19". Haha, no # its called living.

Not like our movement was ever restricted though, perhaps except just maybe in a handful of South florida counties.

I predict the summer will bring lots of beach fun. Hopefully they will be pouring out of those bikinis starving the attention they are not getting at the bars. And if they wear a mask all the better. View wont be ruined in case the mug ain't so hot. Plus, if they that dense to wear a mask at the beach, I can probably sell them a bridge or a stake in one lol.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   

In summer, people like to go outdoors. It'll make it harder to accept another lockdown.

No money, no job on top of that, civil unrest with food shortage is what we'll see.

Describing the second wave.
edit on 18-5-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat I don't know where you have been,looks like it's been a crapload of storms,snow ice,floods etc,may start to see freeze,no more sun spots

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The summer heat will kill more people who are stuck indoors in ovens without air conditioning and who have damaged immune systems.

It's going to be an absolute SCORCHER!

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Depending on where you hail from that's another concern.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Might get it from improperly cooked bat all the same.

There is uncertainty about several aspects of Covid-19 origin that scientists are trying hard to unravel, including which species passed it to a human.

They’re trying so hard because knowing how a pandemic starts is a key to stopping the next one.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Well, if summer heat kills it, I guess there's no way to get it from cooked bat.

Or the reverse...

Another person who doesn't read the thread before commenting?

The OP is not about what affects heat has on the virus.

The OP is about what affects heat will have on people who are also dealing with a pandemic.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
What?? People used to talk trash about florida. Our beaches are open, parks, barbershop, damn Disneyworld is opening, I love the disclaimer they using "guests assume all risks related to COVID19". Haha, no # its called living.

Not like our movement was ever restricted though, perhaps except just maybe in a handful of South florida counties.

I predict the summer will bring lots of beach fun. Hopefully they will be pouring out of those bikinis starving the attention they are not getting at the bars. And if they wear a mask all the better. View wont be ruined in case the mug ain't so hot. Plus, if they that dense to wear a mask at the beach, I can probably sell them a bridge or a stake in one lol.

Is that an invitation for all non Florida Residents to flock to Florida to enjoy the open beaches?

I have a trip planed to FL this fall; it would be nice to get down there now and enjoy the openness for a change.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

"The OP is about what affects heat will have on people who are also dealing with a pandemic."

Hot, and especially, humid weather, is known to be associated with increases in aggression and violence, as well as a lower general mood, then again so is a full moon.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: nerbot

Depending on where you hail from that's another concern.

SW France.

It always affects the old folks when there's a heatwave.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I would worry less about grid issues in some parts of the country, due to the infrastructure in place. Now certain areas such as California for example, are probably hosed on that front. There's enough generating capacity in the Southeast to cover the increased demand. What that will do however is prevent the brokers from selling excess generation capability to other regions or entities, which if you don't know about energy brokering is a pretty interesting path to research.

The parts of the country that are least likely to experience issues, from a power perspective, are the ones that also have the more permissive governors that are open to relaxing stay at home. Less people home in those areas as well, so less load on the grid. Which if that does lead to excess generation capacity there are going to be a few companies that come out of this pretty rich from energy trading.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: chr0naut

Or the reverse...

Another person who doesn't read the thread before commenting?

The OP is not about what affects heat has on the virus.

The OP is about what affects heat will have on people who are also dealing with a pandemic.

If heat kills the virus, as some have naively suggested, or even inhibits it a bit. Then the epidemic would be stopped in its tracks.

However, if moderate and survivable heat killed the virus, then you could cure it with a hot bath, which has been tried and doesn't work.

So, my guess is that people will still have the virus in similar numbers to what is happening now, and they will be all hot and bothered too. I suspect that the heat will have no positive effect, nor will it have a negative effect on the epidemic numbers.

As for the psychology driving the actions of the people, they will do mostly whatever they want, regardless of the consequences, and a lot of people will die prematurely and unnecessarily because wearing a mask, or washing their hands properly, or maintaining a safe social distance, or not just congregating aimlessly, are just too damn inconvenient, and they all think it couldn't happen to them.

edit on 18/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I'm guessing none since it's already been Summer in the southern states and the media still drives the fear within them.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Not according to some examples like Singapore, Ecuador, and Louisiana, all of which have recently had growing numbers of Covid-19 cases despite temperatures hitting 80-plus degrees.

Louisiana has been on the decline since April.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

According to Wiki, the first presumptive case relating to the COVID-19 pandemic in Louisiana was announced on March 9.

Since the first confirmed case, the outbreak grew particularly fast relative to other states and countries.

As of April 21, 2020, there have been 24,854 confirmed cases in Louisiana, of those 1,405 people have died.

Confirmed cases have appeared in all 64 parishes, though the New Orleans metro area alone has seen the majority of positive tests and deaths.

The rapid spread of COVID-19 in Louisiana likely originated in late February 2020, when over one million people visited New Orleans and the surrounding metropolitan area for Mardi Gras festivities.

Do you imagine the increased temperature is directly responsible for the decline since April?
edit on 18-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: andy06shake

I think we are way past opening to soon. You can't put half of the businesses out of business and then print endless unemployment checks with a fraction of the tax revenue you used to bring in before you burnt the economy to the ground.

I am off the mind more people will die from the damage to the economy than will die from Covid-19 or at a minimum they will create an existence where we wished we were already dead.

This ^ ^ ^

Imagine the hindsight of it all when they realize the fear mongering caused more people to die than the virus itself, and that businesses could have been opened this entire time. People act like we're in the midst of a nuclear fallout.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join