It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good news regarding my husband and COVID-19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Some of you may know my husband of 27 years had a stroke in early February, and is permanently in a nursing home. This past Tuesday, I received an email from the nursing home that a staff member who works in the unit he’s in had tested positive for COVID-19. They were asymptomatic, and were immediately quarantined. So they tested all the staff and residents in my hubby’s wing. They stated they would call with the results in 24-48 hours. So Wednesday and Thursday went by with no call. I know I shouldn’t take things literally, but I was so disappointed that Thursday was the 48 hour mark, and no news. I’ve been a basket case the last few days.

Finally at about 6 PM local time, the nursing home called and said my husband was NEGATIVE for COVID-19. I’m so very relieved. My hubby is 67 years old and has heart disease, type II diabetes, GERD, atrial fibrillation and chronic lung disease. I worry the virus would kill him. I know things could change in the future. The nursing home finally decided to test all staff and residents. They should have done that awhile ago, but better late than never. My hubby is in good spirits, and I call him twice a day. He was joking and sounded really good. Despite our being apart physically, he is always in my heart and soul. He told me a few days ago he is happy, and so am I.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Fantastic news!!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thats great news, chief! I hope and pray he will be well enough to come home soon. Hope you are holding up as well.

My mother in law who is in a nursing home, also, will be 95 in July. We haven't seen her since March. It ain't easy...
edit on 5/15/2020 by NightFlight because: spelling

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It is good to hear that he has been cleared of that.

I pray that his other health issues also receive healing.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I am so glad to hear that your husband is okay and that you've been able to speak with him! Any word yet on when you might be able to see him? I hope it's really, really soon!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I got an email from the nursing home today saying nothing has changed as far as letting people start to visit again. I guess they’re going with CDC/DHS/CMS guidelines. They said if anything changes, they will send an update. So I guess it still may be awhile. In five days, the safer at home thing for my county expires. Maybe there will be some updated guidance after that point. I sure hope so. It’s been over two months since I’ve seen him.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
We've had some disagreements before, but I would like to let you know that I'm glad your husband is doing okay.

I hope you get to see him soon.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Thanks! I’m going to stay out of the political threads for the time being, LOL!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I hope his status with the virus stays negative.

I also hope you're able to see him soon even if it's just a virtual visit or window visit. Seeing someone helps a whole lot on both ends.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

All we have left to do is thank God.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Good to hear!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Good to hear. God bless.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
So happy for you and your hubby Chief! That must have been quite a relief to finally get the results.
I hope you can see him soon. He sounds like he has a great attitude and is in good spirits. Sending cyber prayers and well wishes to you guys!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Thats good news!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Good news about your husband. but it is not over yet, how long ago did they discover the worker had covid? I would guess they did a check on everyone and it should be all right.

Did your husband lose use of one side with the stroke?

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

glad your hubby is ok! hopefully soon you will get to see him again!

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: rickymouse

glad your hubby is ok! hopefully soon you will get to see him again!

Ummm. Think you are responding to the wrong person.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Thanks! I’m going to stay out of the political threads for the time being, LOL!

I try, but keep getting sucked into them lol.

Honestly, I've been contemplating making a thread about how I find it interesting that you can take a group of people and they would get along perfectly fine. But, the moment you bring up politics you gotta duck down or buck up.

Just look around in the non political forums. You'll find two members who pick at each other and put each other down in the politics and mudpit forums encouraging each other in another forum.

We recently had that happen. We had a bout in a political thread, and I'm willing to admit I was a bit of an ass to you, but then the day or so after you were encouraging me in a dreams and predictions thread.

I really do believe that we as a human race can actually set aside our differences and work together.

Somewhere along the line the idea that some people are better than others really screwed things up.

It's my hope that one day we begin working together, and stop relying on and allowing corrupted and out of touch people from profiting off of us and pitting us against each other.

I need to sit down one day and really flesh it out.

But again. I wish you and your husband the best.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Good news about your husband. but it is not over yet, how long ago did they discover the worker had covid? I would guess they did a check on everyone and it should be all right.

The last day the worker was there was May 8. Then they were quarantined.

My husband’s right side was compromised. He can walk a little with assistance. The last time I was with him there, he was learning to eat with his left hand. He didn’t have use of his right arm at the time. That was eight weeks ago, so I hope maybe he is using his right arm a little.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: rickymouse

The last day the worker was there was May 8. Then they were quarantined.

My husband’s right side was compromised. He can walk a little with assistance. The last time I was with him there, he was learning to eat with his left hand. He didn’t have use of his right arm at the time. That was eight weeks ago, so I hope maybe he is using his right arm a little.

It sucks when you cannot go see your husband in the nursing home. I know one thing, if I were to start having symptoms of a heart attack, I would just go take an aspirin and go bed. I have no desire to go to a hospital and have nobody from my family around if I am in bad shape and may die. I will not go in. It will be a covid death because I was not going to go to the hospital because of this covid crap.

My granddaughter is due in early July, I sure hope that her husband can go visit her and the baby in the hospital by then. I know we will not be allowed to go see her at the hospital. We went a couple of times when she had her first kid.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join