It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locusts actually getting biblical in twenty five countries

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The affected countries are

China Turkmenistan Tajikistan Uzbekistan
Kazakhstan Kyrgyzstan Azerbaijan Georgia
Iran Afghanistan Pakistan India Uganda Sudan Kenya Ethiopia Somalia Eritrea Congo Djibouti Bahrain Yemen Saudi Arabia UAE

Parts of the Russian federation are hatching too.

Without control , which is already proving more difficult with Corona restrictions this year , and because of favourable climates , locusts are set to get well out of control .

The food and agriculture organisation FAO predicts the swarms can be up to 500 times worse than what are already .

Which is 20 times worse than what they were in February . People's food is being rapidly munched as it is.

We know that the whole of Joel chapter 1 is about a mighty swarm of locusts , not just any usual swarm but a proper lot of them . It's a fearsome piece of prophecy well worth reading .

But here is Joel chapter 2 which continues the theme of locusts and food devastation , even the day of judgement itself , but continues with a more hopeful result .

You I nor anyone else can predict what God might decide to do and this is recognised by each of the prophets . Even the book of revelations seals up and " writes not " what the seventh angel has on vial of wrath and pours into the air . Could it be an airbourne pestilence perhaps ?

There's some instructions to follow to turn the wrath of God aside .

Locusts certainly don't push each other or get in each others way . We might expect to hear of the locusts invading cities and entering houses this year.

Joel 2 King James Version (KJV)

2 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand;

2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.

3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

11 And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?

12 Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:

13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the Lord your God?

15 Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:

16 Gather the people, sanctify the congregation, assemble the elders, gather the children, and those that suck the breasts: let the bridegroom go forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

17 Let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare thy people, O Lord, and give not thine heritage to reproach, that the heathen should rule over them: wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?

18 Then will the Lord be jealous for his land, and pity his people.

19 Yea, the Lord will answer and say unto his people, Behold, I will send you corn, and wine, and oil, and ye shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproach among the heathen:

20 But I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the east sea, and his hinder part toward the utmost sea, and his stink shall come up, and his ill savour shall come up, because he hath done great things.

21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the Lord will do great things.

22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine do yield their strength.

23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the Lord your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month.

24 And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with wine and oil.

25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
there is media coverage out there but one has to dig a little bit

news.google.com... m9vZC1tYXktMjAyMNIBAA?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

As deadly flooding leaves thousands homeless in Kenya, and a second wave of locust threatens the country’s food supply, the east African nation is having its economy tested along with its neighbors in the region.

Earlier this week, deadly flooding and landslides in the eastern part of the country killed at least 100 and left over 1,800 homeless. This comes just weeks after flooding in the western part of the country left scores more homeless, too.

Now, a locust swarm of biblical proportions is expected to invade Kenya via Ethiopia for the second time this year.

The first swarm was the largest swarm that east Africa had seen in over 30 years, and the worst Kenya had seen in 70 years. The swarms can move up to 100 miles a day, depending on the wind, and can eat their weight daily. The first generation swarm peaked in the region two months ago, with locusts numbering in the hundreds of millions.

This second generation swarm is even bigger and more threatening.

we in the USA like to think we're immune to food issues but inevitably we will.
if not locusts, flooding or freezing or drought. or maybe Yellowstone.
like the gremlin said, shotguns and canned food

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Since the air is about as clean as it has been since the early 1900's, the weather patterns will return. Remember the Great Dust Bowl.

Also for the following countries.
1. Japan = many new and horrible typhoons
2. Philippines = wrecks havoc 2 or 3 times a month with typhoons ( they will land near the few major cities there)
3. Massive flash floods to hit the Mississippi River basin
4. Heavy rains to wash through the Tennessee and Kentucky areas
5. Florida situation will be rising waters of unknown consequences due to mega hurricanes
6. Heavy unusual rains and horrible droughts to hit the west of the Mississippi to the West Coast
7. Massive earthquakes in the far East Asian countries
8. Heat waves through out Europe, beginning in June

Massive food shortages worldwide ( you can forget about the food shortages due to the corona virus, the above is worse to come.

Bookmark this link please.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

All pre-planned by spies sabotaging food source by dumping swine flu, bird flu on all live stocks then blame wet markets. Go back and read it up. It is all on the news. US will supply the GMO to everyone under Monsanto licenses.
edit on 10-5-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Swarms the size of Manhattan with 50 billion all hungry : youtu.be...

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No problem, we got our Murder Hornets to help us out now. I guess Hellexa knew what I meant when I told her to release the bugs, she is just fooling with me. Damn AI technology. Straight from Hell.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Think of it this way; Insects are around 80% protein, whereas steak is only 30%.

There's a culture who's main annual source of protein are flies that come in from a lake nearby, covering their crops.

The whole family has great fun running through the crops with pots and pans scooping them up, then they pack them into burger pattties and fry them up and eat them.

Locusts are a potential food source in and of themselves (I hear they're nice dipped in chocolate, lol)

🤙🏻

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Can be thankful they aren't carrying a plague with them, otherwise we would be in the Shxt

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

They could be a food source but I remember it being in another thread that if they intended it to be a food source you need to go all in and eliminate the use of pesticides against them or they could be a potentially deadly food for the person eating them.

I think there are many technological ways that could potentially be something to help get rid of them but if you look at where most of the outbreaks are occurring they are in remote places where power and other resources are not readily available to help with that technology.

Unfortunately it won't be as simple as the families going out and grabbing some with nets etc. The amounts are too large and some form of large implement machinery would be needed to capture and dispose of them.

The other potential solution would be to create some type of food source that would make them in-fertile but I do not know if that is being developed, how fast that can be used, or what the long term ramifications would be to do something like that .

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
When someone says the locust swarms are 'biblical', all they mean is that at the time someone wrote about them in the bible it was of similar magnitude. The locust swarms/plagues are not a reason for something bad to happen, they are an effect of several causes, such as weather, climate, food availability, earthquakes etc.
Sometimes the causes are just at the right time, together or more than usual.

I do not doubt that it happened before. I do not doubt that someone recorded it once in the bible quite correctly. I just don't know why it should have any other relevance but science?
They can lay dormant for so many years and when the circumstances are right, they will get out of hand. That happens every now and then. Fortunately we know more nowadays than people 2000 odd years ago.

Here is a more modern explanation, with lots of graphics and details:
www.bbc.co.uk...

It's a pain in the ass of course for the humans but it ain't 'biblical' as in a sign from god or an omen or anything.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
locust swarms are a part of the natural cycle of life.

sometimes God sends them. sometimes they just do their thing.

kind of depressing that we're in the 21st century and still dealing with such things.

new topics

top topics

join