It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: testing123

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

One way out by car. On foot there’s multiple ways out. As another poster just said if you get ambushed by armed men while out jogging you jump yards, run for the trees literally.

So going onto a site where a house being built is enough to be thought of as committing a felony and being stalked by armed men and your answer is for him to escape pursuit by going through other people's yards and through their property? So would those property owners be justified to join in this manhunt by your logic?

No kidding, why the f are we here right now..it boils down to trespassing.

Some real deep thinkers here.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Still waiting for the gun to show up from a search.

Right, you want it to be true..so badly, you are a phoney.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

I don't think most of us can judge the reaction that he should have had.

Actually my reaction would have been to pull my own gun and if the shotgun raised an inch towards me I would have shot the son... and then the dad as he pulled his Desert Eagle to point at me too, but that is just me...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

And not even criminal trespassing that would be only a fine for 99% of the time.... Its like people forgot that millions of people look at building sites all the time, that is why the bigger sites fence them off as they don't want the liability, but when it comes to houses people go in them all the time to look at the work being done.... I would bet the dad has even been in his neighbors house without calling him first.

The key with even criminal trespassing there needs to be some criminal activity associated with the trespassing too otherwise it is basically "get off my lawn" event of nothingness.

edit on 26-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Actually my reaction would have been to pull my own gun and if the shotgun raised an inch towards me I would have shot the son... and then the dad as he pulled his Desert Eagle to point at me too, but that is just me...

Exactly, because some posters here claim they would tuck up into a ball and cry for mercy, don't expect that cowering sh@t from everybody, when being chased by clowns with weapons.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And not even criminal trespassing that would be only a fine for 99% of the time.... Its like people forgot that millions of people look at building sites all the time, that is why the bigger sites fence them off as they don't want the liability, but when it comes to houses people go in them all the time to look at the work being done.... I would bet the dad has even been in his neighbors house without calling him first.

The key with even criminal trespassing there needs to be some criminal activity associated with the trespassing too otherwise it is basically "get off my lawn" event of nothingness.

I believe there needs to be signage, or previous warnings to even charge trespassing, but indeed, there was no felony.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

One way out by car. On foot there’s multiple ways out. As another poster just said if you get ambushed by armed men while out jogging you jump yards, run for the trees literally.

So going onto a site where a house being built is enough to be thought of as committing a felony and being stalked by armed men and your answer is for him to escape pursuit by going through other people's yards and through their property? So would those property owners be justified to join in this manhunt by your logic?

Yes, this debate is actually ridiculous. I just don't understand the underbelly here. Vigilantism seems to be ok I guess.

I met this woman. She batted her eyes at me. I deduced she wanted me. Alas, it was only a stray lash.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Exactly, because some posters here claim they would tuck up into a ball and cry for mercy, don't expect that cowering sh@t from everybody, when being chased by clowns with weapons.

With a lifetime in the military you don't pull a pistol unless you are going to use it and if you have a rifle you better have it either flat against your chest with open hands no where near the trigger, and something like an AR it better be always pointing at the ground with trigger finger fully extended past the trigger. Anything else and I'm shooting first...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

You are my kind of people.

We all live and die by our decisions. Some people die instantly from them. Others die a slow death. Some walk away with their heads held high.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I believe there needs to be signage, or previous warnings to even charge trespassing, but indeed, there was no felony.

Felony is only when you trespass I believe in federal buildings/areas type situation that was geared more towards defacing federal places, and even with signs you still need some activity associated with it to push it past anything such as breaking and entering where an open construction site is not that.

But in any case not something you chase a guy over with guns out...

edit on 26-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Did he not realise you can run on grass?

That is what my wife asked. She said, "Why didn't he just cut through those people's yards instead of confronting the men?"

Good question. Like I said, I believe his mindset definitely played a role in how this went down. If I was jogging, in the road, and had a car, in front and behind me with armed people I am running through yards, houses, businesses, whatever, to get away.

Are you kidding me??? LMAO. Tell your wife many self defense classes suggest it is safer (in most cases) to stay off of sidewalks and grassy areas where anyone can grab you and no one would see it. It's better to stay on the street/asphalt area in dire times since it's usually level and open area to maneuver and also more visible.

I have attended multiple defensive carry classes, a home defense course, and a couple other tactical shooting courses. Never once was that even mentioned.

In that situation you would be better off running into the woods to the north (no privacy fences around the close houses, from google maps, and google street) or into the swamp to the south. If I was evading people in a car the last place I would be is in a road where the car can drive.

Seriously I don't understand ya'lls thought process.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

We all live and die by our decisions. Some people die instantly from them. Others die a slow death. Some walk away with their heads held high.

A good friend of mine was murdered in a robbery, they killed him before they even got in his house, later said it was an "accident"
Changed things for me.

With my dying breath, I will do whatever I can to not have an "accident" happen to me. Unfortunately, I'm not even allowed to defend myself in this country, but will do my best.
edit on 26-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A good friend of mine was murdered in a robbery, they killed him before they even got in his house, later said it was an "accident"
Changed things for me.

With my dying breath, I will do whatever I can to not have an "accident" happen to me. Unfortunately, I'm not even allowed to defend myself in this country, but will do my best.

I'm sincerely sorry for your loss. I concur with your beliefs. To me, it's not a mantra. It's a lifestyle.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: testing123

Thank you!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: testing123

Thank you!

You're welcome. :

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

In Georgia, the law states that a private person may arrest someone if a crime is committed in his presence or “within his immediate knowledge.” But if it is a felony, the citizen can stop someone from escaping if the citizen has “reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.”

Seems a bit vague to me. Reasonable and probable grounds, does that include strangers running from your neighbours property?

I don’t condone this at all, just the victim made a lot of bad decisions and didn’t help himself. Certainly not an innocent jogger as the headlines would suggest. His actions to me are not that of you average joe going for a run. Again, don’t hunt down people with shotguns, if someone is trying to stop you with one run away or surrender, don’t attack the guy with the gun.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Sure, I don’t know the law well enough over there. When someone charges you and attempts to grab your weapon tho does it not then constitute self defence?

Because no weapons are pointed or shots fired from what I can see until he makes a charge toward the gun. The fatal shots I think anyone would have taken, if someone’s wrestling with me over a shotgun and punching me in the head it becomes life or death for all those involved irrespective of the events or the blame leading to that point.

In *most* cases it would constitute lawful self defense. Unless you were in the process of committing a felony yourself (namely, false arrest/kidnapping, aggravated assault, etc) then the person would themselves be acting in self defense

I believe others are correct in that the accused killers are unlikely to face a conviction given the hoops the prosecution will have to jump through.

Not sure about GA law either, so take this with a grain of salt, but the position of "aggressor" can definitely shift throughout an encounter and who played what role will matter

All of that would've changed if they had witnessed (or had actual knowledge) he committed some felony, pursued him, and then he tried to take their firearm. That'd be an entirely different set of circumstances. But the burden is on the accuser to prove their case, and if they defendants in this case want to use that angle they will have to demonstrate he was committing a felony for the arrest by private citizen to be a lawful exercise of arrest authority (in most States simply having a "reasonable" belief someone committed a felony isn't good enough, you have to be right!)
edit on 5/26/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

In Georgia, the law states that a private person may arrest someone if a crime is committed in his presence or “within his immediate knowledge.” But if it is a felony, the citizen can stop someone from escaping if the citizen has “reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.”

Seems a bit vague to me. Reasonable and probable grounds, does that include strangers running from your neighbours property?

I don’t condone this at all, just the victim made a lot of bad decisions and didn’t help himself. Certainly not an innocent jogger as the headlines would suggest. His actions to me are not that of you average joe going for a run. Again, don’t hunt down people with shotguns, if someone is trying to stop you with one run away or surrender, don’t attack the guy with the gun.

I think a lot of it comes down to that resisting arrest is in general a poor decision. If the guys had made a mistake and cornered you with guns, so be it. If they're genuinely making an arrest (vs a kidnapping attempt), let them make the false arrest, police arrive in minutes and they end up hauled off in cuffs assuming you weren't actually guilty and you have one hell of a good civil suit against them as well

Pretty tough to do this though if you actually did nothing wrong and two guys are coming at you with weapons. I myself would assume it was a kidnapping attempt or some other type of attack

Sorry looks like I replied to the same post twice*
edit on 5/26/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The dad also knew this kid from prior investigative work as well.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I know...almost as if the media wants to ramp up

RACISM

during the election cycle.

What I do not see is the condemnation of the young male who videotaped and beat to elderly ALF patients.
What I do not see is the condemnation of a young male killing two elderly people at a cemetery.
What I do not see is the condemnation Kori Ali Muhammad who is on trial right now and killed 4 people. He blamed racism.
There are dozens and dozens and notice I did not use race...like the media should not to sensationalize.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join