It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How's your practice going/New gun review/share your target practice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Y'all live near each other? Color me green lol. I'd love to hang out with some of y'all and spend a day on the range shooting and conversating.

Don't know if we do. Am in Metro Detroit West Suburbs in Dearborn...but ya never know!

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I use both eyes open with the holograph dot sight...which ever picture has the dot covering the target ...pop.......oh....80 bucks and stays true on a 44 mag shooting 90,000 cup pressure almost...a reply to: vonclod

Thanks!

I wish my dad was still around..he had the cool toys. I liked his Ruger .41 mag, simple but fun.

We'll have to see what happens here, I expect Trudeau to go after handguns next.

I don't want this thread to turn to politics, but if that happens I would expect to see a crowd of people throwing rocks at him. Softly, ya know. Just to send a message.

He is definitely getting a bit of heat, but the majority are not interested. Owners have 2 years to comply though..a lot can happen in 2 years, perhaps set up that way.

edit on 6-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Yeah it’s my only revolver. It looks cool and feels good in my hand but that’s about it.

The old shotgun just has a little bit of play between the barrel and breech but it’s enough that I can see a gap when it’s closed and I just don’t want it to blow apart if I ever fire it.

The old rounds had a much longer metal sleeve than a modern cartridge but I was just going to get one of the old boys down at the range to give a look over first.

It’s at my dads place at the moment or I’d snap a picture but that the marble-type pattern of the Damascus just makes it look so good.

Not sure if they’re worth a whole lot but it’s the only Adams & Co I’ve ever seen in real life so yeah, it’s a bit of a treat just holding it.

Would that have used black powder in its cartridge originally?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I’m not a hundred percent positive but I don’t think it did. I think the used the first generation shotgun cartridges, not sure what they were even called.

And they might well have used black powder in the cartridge but I’m not sure about that

It’s got exposed hammers but just normal firing pins that hit against a detonator in the cartridge.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
Sounds like a cool piece, love anything Damascus.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
NOTE! - If the shotgun is Damascus steel, do NOT fire modern smokeless shotgun shells from it!! They were designed for black powder, and black powder only.

Plus, if you can see daylight in that action, definitely do not fire it.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

How do you like that M9A3? Does it shoot low?

I've bought a new 92FS INOX (essentially the same pistol) a while back and I can't shoot that pistol worth a damn...and I'm an instructor! Beretta uses those damn battle sights where you have to cover the bull, and I can't stand that. Can't see the target properly. The Beretta 92 action is a masterpiece to look at, and hands-down the smoothest pistol action on planet earth. Just a shame that thing shoots so low like that. Those sights are worthless!

On my 1911's you don't have to cover the bull like that, you hold the bull, and I shoot comps with those, so there's no way I can break that sighting habit.

I bought an adjustable Target sight for the INOX, but I haven't put it on yet. Beretta's sight removal jig won't remove the rear sight on an INOX (well, it will remove it, but then you can't get the jig off after you drift the sight out), so I'm going to have to take it to my smith to do. The Target sight is completely UGLY, and I hate having to do that, but I think it's probably the only way I'll be able to get that pistol to shoot properly.

And just to give you an idea of just how low that INOX shoots; I can hold the base of the front sight at the top edge of the rear sight...and it still shoots low! It's just stupid how low that pistol shoots.

ETA - I can shoot that pistol better by looking down the side of the slide and sighting the barrel on the target (don't have any windage then, but at least it doesn't shoot consistently low).

edit on 5/6/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Have you seen the double barrel 12 gauge...HANDGUN?. Concealed carry? Many makes w holster....No license to own or buy

MS
CPL/CCW holder- 38 to 357 Magnum to 9mm to 45ACP *

*Carry. Every. Damn. Place. 24-7-365

edit on 6-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

How do you like that M9A3? Does it shoot low?

I've bought a new 92FS INOX (essentially the same pistol) a while back and I can't shoot that pistol worth a damn...and I'm an instructor! Beretta uses those damn battle sights where you have to cover the bull, and I can't stand that. Can't see the target properly. The Beretta 92 action is a masterpiece to look at, and hands-down the smoothest pistol action on planet earth. Just a shame that thing shoots so low like that. Those sights are worthless!

On my 1911's you don't have to cover the bull like that, you hold the bull, and I shoot comps with those, so there's no way I can break that sighting habit.

I bought an adjustable Target sight for the INOX, but I haven't put it on yet. Beretta's sight removal jig won't remove the rear sight on an INOX (well, it will remove it, but then you can't get the jig off after you drift the sight out), so I'm going to have to take it to my smith to do. The Target sight is completely UGLY, and I hate having to do that, but I think it's probably the only way I'll be able to get that pistol to shoot properly.

And just to give you an idea of just how low that INOX shoots; I can hold the base of the front sight at the top edge of the rear sight...and it still shoots low! It's just stupid how low that pistol shoots.

ETA - I can shoot that pistol better by looking down the side of the slide and sighting the barrel on the target (don't have any windage then, but at least it doesn't shoot consistently low).

Mine shoots pretty level. Not high or low.

I've never really cared about bullseye shooting. It's a great way to have bragging rights, but as long as what I'm aiming for is getting hit then I'm fine with that.

I am familiar with the shooting low remarks. I've heard them before. I think when I was started shooting the 92fs I might have shot low. But I realized that I was trying to lollipop instewd of cover. After I got used to covering the target I was fine.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Have you seen the double barrel 12 gauge...HANDGUN?. Concealed carry? Many makes w holster....No license to own or buy

MS

Lol, yeah I've seen those. They're pretty fun to shoot too.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

MS

Lol, yeah I've seen those. They're pretty fun to shoot too.

Hey, the older I get! At least you dont have to aim the thing much...just point at center mass, close your eyes, squeeze the trigger....and pick your a-- off the ground...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
NOTE! - If the shotgun is Damascus steel, do NOT fire modern smokeless shotgun shells from it!! They were designed for black powder, and black powder only.

Plus, if you can see daylight in that action, definitely do not fire it.

I was kinda thinking that, it may have used black powder, and not able to take the chamber pressure of smokeless..but I waited for someone more knowledgeable to pipe up.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I hope there are some more people who join in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join