It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am dying....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
....there are no live bands or theatre going on. I have lost over 10k in pay.

But beyond the money, I miss my passion.i miss my first true love.

Now they are saying a year before shows start back up.

When will this BS end?!?!?!

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree...
//Signed// person caring for terminally il family member.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Sorry lake, wish you could be by their side.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I feel ya. I moved to Vegas from Nashville to work more... I haven't had a gig since the beginning of February. Missing the money hurts, but like you I love what I do...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I have a son in SF area and a daughter in Vegas as well doing lighting and sound and stage stuff. Both are out of work and have been for months. My son has told me that his union does not expect there to be work in the SF area for another year. He faces some major decisions sooner than later.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I agree...

My cat is in his last hours now.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It is inevitable. Everyone dies. This life is very temporary.

I have reason to believe, however, that we have an eternal destiny. That there is a bright hope that overcomes the physical.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I agree...

My cat is in his last hours now.

My cat passed last September, after 18 years as my loyal companion. I feel for you!

I gave up my job in March, when the pandemic was first announced. I am now doing this isolation thing alone.

In a way, I am glad that my little buddy has been spared this unpleasant experience and was able to get the care he needed while it was available.

My sympathies.
edit on 5-5-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It seems in a moment, your whole world can shatter
Like morning dreams they just disappear
Like dust in your hand falling to the floor
How can life ever be the same

Cos my heart is broken in pieces
Yes my heart is broken in pieces
Since youve been gone

Its all too easy to take so much for granted
Oh but its so hard to find the words to say
Like a castle in the sand the water takes away
But how can life ever be the same

Since Ive lost you

Oh now youll never see
Oh youll never know
All the things I planned for you
Things for you and me

Held your hand so tightly
That I couldnt let it go
Now how can life ever be the same

Since youve been gone

Since Ive lost you

Since youve been gone...................................Phil Collins
edit on 5-5-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Try not to loose sight of the bigger picture. This does indeed suck, and will for a little while longer, but when it's over, there will be a need for entertainment of the live variety. It will get better. Try to find something productive to occupy your time. If you are bored, you can come help me dig holes for fence posts. The pay sucks, but then, so does the company.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Try not to loose sight of the bigger picture. This does indeed suck, and will for a little while longer, but when it's over, there will be a need for entertainment of the live variety. It will get better. Try to find something productive to occupy your time. If you are bored, you can come help me dig holes for fence posts. The pay sucks, but then, so does the company.

You and I live less than an hour away. If my car was not broken, I would be there in a ny minute to dig holes with you.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: RickyD

I have a son in SF area and a daughter in Vegas as well doing lighting and sound and stage stuff. Both are out of work and have been for months. My son has told me that his union does not expect there to be work in the SF area for another year. He faces some major decisions sooner than later.

My prayers and Hope's for your kids. I know they miss the gigs like I do.i am working on a rebellion pop up theater troop...flash mob like. Let people know where we are gonna perform and when...set up in 5 minutes, 15 minute show and gone. If they are interested, pm me. I live in upstate ny.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You have my sympathies Union brother. The TV/movie industry is just waiting to kick back into gear. It will be different but producers have gambled that people are going to stay home and watch the tube and have Greenlight more shows/TV series, then you can imagine. We shut a movie down March 1st and will resume June 1st. All locations/soundstages/studios are booked until Xmas.

Think about relocating to Georgia, Louisiana, Vancouver even Calif. The people need and want their fantasy excape and we'll make it for them. Like you I love the passion of creating with a team creative people.

IATSE gigs and above the line jobs will be available very soon!! I even sold a very corny series treatment and coproducing the pilot if I can borrow the $$$.

edit on 5-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

At least you still have your health, canny do much without that.

Sooner rather than later may be the cry of many a soul, but there is little point in pulling out of lockdown to soon, thus having to repeat the process nevermind the further loss of life any second wave may bring.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If you need hands on that pilot, let me know...I am there. Do have something big in the works, will let you know. Will need hands.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If you die will this be considered another death in the covid19 stats?

NC

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I’m dying.....

We can’t go out to eat.... to a bar.

No beer on tap. 😢

I’m FU##ING TIRED of cooking and serving myself!!! It’s sooooooo self serving...... And I’m not selfish damnit! 😡

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Invite a friend... cook and serv him, bet he will taste delicious

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It looks like we all miss the music. Personally I miss live music, dancing, laughter, and close contact with my friends. Cold beer and a CD, or a FaceTime happy hour just don’t cut it.
Take heart this isn’t going to last for ever. I‘ll wager many things are going to change by the first Tuesday in November. Reckon what’s the next distraction?

edit on 5-5-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

If you need hands on that pilot, let me know...I am there. Do have something big in the works, will let you know. Will need hands.

Copy that and thanks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join