It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive unintended consequences of this corona virus pandemic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
We've been extensively covering the big negative ramifications of this pandemic on the world. I'm aware of the huge economical, political and lives losses that we've had and it outweighs the positives that I list below, but in any case I was just a bit curious about the other side as well. Below I give some of these positive unintended side-effects:

- Cleaner air
- Less stress from the work environment
- More family time (I'm aware that family members can cause big stress as well)
- More leisure time spent in the recreational spaces, say parks, (wherever they're open that is and 6 feet away from each other)
- Less traffic, less auto-mobiles on the roads
- Cheaper gas

So have you noticed any other such effects that struck you and made you think that every bad thing has sometimes its own good sides also? Did you think "Hmmm ... sometimes society needs collectively some rest, but not like this (due to a virus)"?

P.S. If you're interested only the bad side of it and wanna add something to the discussion, please do so.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

All I can say is... that moment when you realise all of it is lies, all of it, the conspiracies and more, and you cannot explain it fast enough to make any sense...

We are going to get our arses kicked into dust - assuming you are from the West

edit on 4-5-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

And no Paycheck for many!

That means there is nothing positive about the virus for many. Can't enjoy most of what you listed if you are homeless and broke.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Absolutely. I work in healthcare software so still gainfully employed but one problem I had before this was finding good home contractors in my area for remodels. The good ones were always booked.

I knew who they were but the wait list was long. When this took hold though I said I might have a shot. Sure enough, I got a couple projects going right now I've been trying to do for years.

I'm not some ass wipe either. I started out super poor in life. Went from a Private to a Captain with a lot of hard work and grief so I don't feel bad about it at all but do have sympathy for others. Big picture though, I'm contributing to the local economy and keep people employed. I actually feel good about it.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
closing of a business after 30 years, pretty sad I tell ya

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There are a few positive things.

The U.S. if finally waking up to our reliance on China for drugs, medical supplies, and numerous other things we have outsourced to a nation that sees us as the enemy. (Huge National Security Issue and has been for quite awhile.)

The Trump administration just passed and executive order to start hardening the electrical grid. Hopefully infrastructure and US based transformer manufacturing will follow. (Huge National Security Issue and has been for quite awhile.)

The U.S. if finally waking up to the fact that the Chinese are building up military forces and plan to use them in the South China Sea, against Taiwan, and many other nations in the vicinity.

The World is finally waking up to the fact that China with their accomplice the W.H.O intentionally told the world that human to human transmission was not happening with this virus while they blockaded the rest of China off from Wuhan but encouraged and promoted the continuation of International travel to the rest of the world in order to spread it. Yes, completely intentional.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The China reliance you say...

Do digging my friend... dig... dig .... dig...

Be horrified!

It's been going on for a long time.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the thoughtful replies, as I said I fully understand the dark side of the things related to this pandemic and I totally sympathize with all of you. I personally lost my job due to covid-19 and I'm on unemployment now, lost a planned holiday flight overseas and I'm not fully sure if I'm gonna be able to re-use those tickets (unknown when the borders will reopen). So I have my share of bad things as well.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
Thanks for the thoughtful replies, as I said I fully understand the dark side of the things related to this pandemic and I totally sympathize with all of you. I personally lost my job due to covid-19 and I'm on unemployment now, lost a planned holiday flight overseas and I'm not fully sure if I'm gonna be able to re-use those tickets (unknown when the borders will reopen). So I have my share of bad things as well.

Losing a job is the least of worries if you are following the "narrative" of storyland...

Don't get too hung up on losing a job etc. Depending on how deep you want to go, its just the narrative and the victims of it...

I would quite like, as a british person, for someone like this to exist...

But this is reality and everything is set-up to fail because the dragon knows and the weakness, has exploited it for the last 100 years or so, with the same dynasties that built it all up

We are fukked unless a face to face war happens now and it will not happen unless one of the old mad people in charge want it too. They are all old and decaying.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I had already been a full time WFH person in one of the few industries that has thrived, I hate saying that when so many have suffered for whatever reason, during this scenario so my reality has not been as negative as a lot of people.

KNowing that, something I have noticed is just in general the area around me is more quiet to ambient noise. I live within a few blocks of few different schools and when they shut down both foot and road traffic was almost nothing.

On top of that with air traffic reduction in general noise from over head flight patterns is substantially quieter.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Losing a job is the least of worries if you are following the "narrative" of storyland...

Don't get too hung up on losing a job etc. Depending on how deep you want to go, its just the narrative and the victims of it...

If I correctly understand your point, I'm aware that there's more than meets the eye to this pandemic and I appreciate bringing another dimension (China's role) into the discussion.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Well, if un-killing the planet makes you and others better, then what will you have to repair?..."shakes head" I'm sad to see what is going to happen to humans, they asked for it.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think a lot of us who are still employed and doing good are trying to help. I know it's not enough but we are trying. Normally we ate out once a week but we bumped takeout to 3-4 nights. We really like cooking to but also want to help local restaurants.

The remodeling jobs I mentioned were not needed but I know we are employing a lot of locals. Electricians, flooring, HVAC and general work. Also did some upgrades like a retractable central vac hose. Totally not needed but I wanted to try to tap out the projects on what I could do for people. I called the central vac guy today and he will be here tomorrow to install it. I feel really good about trying to push on this economy. If you have the means go for it. They need our help.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

There's plenty to repair in the planet in its as-is or "unkilled" condition. I'm sad too what's going to happen to people, everybody is personally responsible for their state they're in. But there's always hope...

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Thanks for your support for the local businesses, every bit helps! I try to do my part as well. I've seen some work being done in my area too, am glad to see that.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yes we have. Parks, beaches jammed...traffic long lines waiting w boats, kids, picnic stuff....lined up wondering why they can't be let in ...

We went to 10+ food places for p.up...but insides are closed so your "just use our app!" makes those preorders wait in the drive thru with reg orders....and because, foods colds, waiting longer

Get us to call ahead, use apps...and we still wait in a condensed line....six feet, 1 car apart...not always but mostly...

*We ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until every person in every house on every block...in every city in every county in every state...all go out at the same time!

We haven't seen nothing yet...best health to you....I've had a glimpse...we aren't ready...

PS Wendy has no meat here. Only chicken...and 3 meat items per person at grocery store
edit on 5-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Agreed, the situation looks bleak, and I'm sure there's other negative sides as well, but trying to look at it from a positive perspective, that's all. Just another angle really.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: miri2019 Duh no fing virus just once again the government can't be truthful,our economy has tanked we are broke that is real virus,wake the hell up

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Sure, the economy will take a big hit and other things will change for worse. This much I know.
The majority of people are asleep at the wheel when it comes to this pandemic, they cause too much trouble with their ignorance. Today at a supermarket, I almost had a fight with a customer and a store employee for a mask that I wasn't wearing properly (nose was exposed). Dangerous times we're living in surrounded by the sleepy masses.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Positive unintendeds:
I taught my grandson to yell " GET OFF MY LAWN" at people walking by and cats who invade my yard.
I taught my grandson the words to the song by Prong " snap your fingers snap your neck" and how to headbang ( Hes almost 4 btw)
Granddaughter is still a potato at 2 but I did teach her to sit still while I draw eyebrows on her like Groucho
Nearly successfully killed my husband by sneaking up on him in a left over alien mask from Halloween ( and almost got killed myself)
I keep putting plastic wrap on the toilet and in doorways for my daughter to run into.. who moved back in with both of the above grandchildren, so its my right to torment them all for disrupting my peace and quiet.
I found out cops dont want to pull you over for going 15 over... or 20... or 25...

Thats pretty much it..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join