It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Think Its Past Time To Overhaul US Intelligence Agencies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There are many reasons for consolidating US intel/federal law enforcement. The benefits of such an initiative should be obvious:

1. Cost, naturally. There are agencies, particularly domestic ones, that have overlap in the missions they pursue (FBI, ATF, DEA, Homeland Security). Systemic overlap in the private sector is rooted out ruthlessly and terminated with extreme prejudice.

2. Efficiency. 9/11 anyone? It became painfully obvious on 9/11 that the US had such a hodge podge of agencies, reporting chains, diverse SOPs for communication and C&C, that it became a massive challenge trying to disseminate info and coordinate among the branches of domestic L.E. in real-time situations.

3. Accountability. Should be pretty clear: it's much easier to track the activities of fewer agencies than many agencies. Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing that the policies for reporting case work, and analysis of agent performance, is much different among the different agencies.

4. Clarifying responsibility (more on this later). This is mainly getting the CIA *out* of any kind of intel gathering and operations on American soil as it pertains to US citizens. This should be a no-brainer, but there are often rumors and whispering that the CIA has active operational posture in CONNUS, e.g. dabling in the proceedings of "Crossfire Hurricane". No, just no. They have no business investigating and tracking US citizens.

5. Raising the bar of agent recruitment. If indeed it's feasible to consolidate and do "more with less", imagine how much better caliber of agents that the intel agencies could recruit. No Strozks, no Mcabes, No Clappers, Brennan, on and on. The smaller the pool of agents, the more competitive the selection process.

How would I see this new organizational structure? Simple: 2 separate "offices" of the a broad-base, unified US Intelligence Agency.
* office of the interior ~~ in charge of all DOMESTIC investigations; subsumes FBI, ATF, DEA, DoHS, etc.
* office of foreign affairs ~~ CIA, NSA perhaps? IF YOU'RE INVESTIGATING NON-US CITIZENS, OR OUTSIDE US BORDER, YOU WORK HERE

I know, I know, this is the mother of all pipe dreams. That said, if you had the chance to tear up the US intelligence agencies,how would you reconstruct them? //Would you even reconstruct them?// in other words, do you believe all is well with current construction.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Someone said something about it not being a good idea to go after intelligence agencies.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Aren't you afraid they will overhaul you, first, like they did Kennedy?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh, and I forgot one other thing, perhaps the most import part.

Agent MUST agree to literal apolitical standing while employed

You may not register as Republican.
You may not register as Democrat.

YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO CAST A VOTE IN NATIONAL ELECTIONS (draconian, but necessary).

You will be vetted and scrutinized for past donations, volunteer work or affiliation with political parties.

Parents were major political figures? Sorry Chelsea and Invanka, we can't use you.

We must ensure you are truly an unbiased, neutral enforcer of the law, to all politicians

"Justice is blind"

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've got a better idea!

How about we GET RID of "intelligence agencies" altogether????

And like you said..."9/11 anyone?"

I'll add some more...

War in Iraq anyone?
War in Asscrackistan anyone?
Osama Been Hidin' anyone?
North Korea anyone?
Russia-gate anyone?
Venezuela anyone?
CHINA ANYONE?????

edit on 5/3/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceffer

I'm just a schmo on some conspiracy theory forum, what possible significance could my ramblings portent.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The whole intel community needs flushed down the toilet and has needed that since Hoover.

I'd be fine with two basic offices... foreign and domestic.

Also, I don't think we need to be spending trillions a year off the books on black ops.

I understand why you would not need the legislative branch knowing the scoop on sensitive programs.

But the executive branch should at least have an idea of what's going on, ffs.

Once Flynn is exonerated perhaps he should be put in charge of what he wanted to do in the first place...

An actual audit of all intel agencies. NOT just a procedural audit... a real one.

Then go from there.

S&F...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Why do you think they set up and framed General Flynn with their perjury trap?

Flynn was to audit the IC and THAT couldn't happen because heads would roll and many a treasonist acts would have sent MANY to prison.

Until people go to prison for those crimes, don't look forward to any justice being dealt for further trampling of rights.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Good luck with that one.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What operational or real world experience do you have in any of the matters that you talk about to make you qualified to speak on them?

Being "woke in the eyes of CT" isn't a qualification.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I've got a better idea!

Flyingclaydisk didn't kill himself.

You heard it here first.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I can think of someone that wanted to do that... he got shot in broad daylight.

word on the street was Flynn just wanted to audit them and look what happened there.

It literally becomes a question oh who has the authority and power to get it done without the agencies in question removing the problem.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The first time General Flynn got fired by the Obama admin was because he disagreed with the assessment over several things being put out about the Mid-east that he knew was inaccurate . He criticized the FBI and the intel agencies along with Susan Rice; after that he had a big target on his back, especially when he wanted to streamline the spy agencies.... youtu.be... Since they hated him and Trump they figured they could kill two birds with one stone.. I personally can not believe how lying idiots can rise to a position of power ?? But they darn sure do...

edit on 727rdk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I've got a better idea!

And like you said..."9/11 anyone?"

I'll add some more...

War in Iraq anyone?
War in Asscrackistan anyone?
Osama Been Hidin' anyone?
North Korea anyone?
Russia-gate anyone?
Venezuela anyone?
CHINA ANYONE?????

Agreed, the US has 16 intelligence agencies. At least one ( probably FBI Intel) has been working to remove the President.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
What operational or real world experience do you have in any of the matters that you talk about to make you qualified to speak on them?

Being "woke in the eyes of CT" isn't a qualification.

Hey opeth, let's set aside for a moment that his is a discussion forum, and I assumed we all have license to throw ideas at the wall, and see what sticks, and what slides down into a stinky pile.

I started to write a real F.U. reply, but I realized there are some real badass dudes here that chewed some serious mud (one of might be you), so I checked myself. I served, was in a Army Reserve MASH unit, 6x2. Was an 91-Alpha (biomed tech), which really didn't mean much other than my AIT was 9 months, so I was active for training almost a year out the chute. I held my own in basic at Fort LostInTheWood among the 11 bravos, did ok in weapons qual, was the fastest in the 2 mile run in my company. Did super well at AIT, distinguished honer graduate of 96' 3rd or 4th training cycle. That is my USA C.V., not impressive by a stretch compared to many here, but I at least got up off my ass and served some time.

All that being said, I don't think we should limit ideas and thoughts, criticisms about the dysfunction of our intel services to S.F. operators, or people with "real world experience".

With all that out of the way, happy to read what your opinion is on the matter, when you post it.

ETA: Not sure where you're getting the WOKE detail from, I'm a long way from that POV.
edit on 3-5-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

edit on 3-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The military intelligence people and the 3 letters are Siamese twins joined at the hip. You don't disturb either one if you know what's good for you.

Apologies for the mixed metaphors. I struggle with this addiction every single day!

edit on 3-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
BTW, as you all are bringing up, I'm well aware of the tendency of those who go against the grain with the intel agencies ends up Arkansided or a similar fate. But so......that's just it then?

IMO when you have agencies like this going rogue, like Strozk, it's time to figure out how reform these groups to make them easier to manage and more accountable up the chain.

Many people have their favorite defining moment of JFK, the "go to the moon" speech probably being top of the list.

Me? I admire the nuts he had to tell IIRC Allen Dulles that he wanted to splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces. The CIA has done good work for the US, but on balance, I think it would be better reformed into a different entity.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Why would you think "we" could reform "them"....when it's them running things. Will never happen...too deep a hole n they got the rope
edit on 4-5-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I guess the intention of this thread has been misunderstood; let me clear things I up.

I am not proposing that we MUST as a country do this, and that I personally will have some role in it.

I threw out an idea about a US intel agency reorg, and was wondering if others thought the idea made sense, thought the idea was wrongheaded, or had ideas of their own on the subject.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join