It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is, "the Christ story is all about love and forgiveness" [a continued discussion]

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Theli93

I think the New Testament is a warning to everybody to be alert to the attacks coming from the global elect. In these times the days are shortened for the sake of the elect. That would be the globalist group that utilizes a different, shorter calendar to count the time during their campaigns against the rest of mankind.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Messianic Jew, do you keep the Ten Commandments?

And yet your persist in unfounded assumptions, then espouse and display your own bigotry.

I don’t know much of messianic Jews but unless they call on Christ, accept Him, they don’t have salvation
Without Jesus you have no access to God, you have no access to salvation and you must go through your Mosaic covenant, for whatever that is worth

It really is quite pitiful.

Please, stop projecting your own limited knowledge and utter lack of understanding upon others. I'd dare say it's rather 'unchristian', but unfortunately, precisely what I have come to expect from church programmed automatons.

According to the New Testament, if you don’t have Jesus, if you are not in His “christian” covenant then you as a Jew are under the Mosaic covenant, “not a jot or title shall pass”, condemned by that which can’t save you

Seriously? You went there?

Matthew 5

[17] “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. [18] For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter [aka "iota" or "jot"], not the least stroke of a pen [aka "dot" or "tittle"], will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. [19] Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [20] For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Do you pray “in Jesus name” ?

Do you understand "what that means"?

“always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Apparently not...

It is a colloquialism, possibly still used in some parts of the Middle-East.
One does something, "in their master's name" by doing it honorably, in the way they were instructed... not by screeching their master's name at it like a moron.

If i were an actual 'disciple' (that is, an apprentice, not just a follower or student thereof) under Michelangelo, then I would sculpt, "in his name", then I would hopefully bring honor to him (and his name), by practicing my art in the way that he instructed me... not bellowing his name at the stone like some mental incompetent.

But that is a strawman, we were discussing the bible talking to Christians not non Christians, we were talking that Christians were the ones who should expect persecution and the destruction of family weren’t we, did you forget that

Your were, rather poorly, pressing that issue at one point, at one of your derailments; but as to whether we were discussing it is another matter.

Wouldn’t it be wise to discuss and work on one issue at a time before moving on to the next. Less confusion.

I really have to wonder, why start now? You've been doing splendidly careening off through space, leaving little but insult, innuendo, and leaps of incoherence that would astound even a lemming, in your wake.

However, if you now wish to pursue a more reasoned and civil dialogue, we may attempt that once more; though I may suggest going back and reviewing our interactions thus far and starting somewhere closer to the origin. But not tonight; it has been a long and tedious day and I have yet to retire.

Good night for now.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

It's an interesting idea that may be worth exploring, if you like; but I can't say I'm necessarily on board with the entire concept personally.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Make no mistake my opening replies were rude and hostile, probably born out of frustration at the utter ignorance of your comments and for what it’s worth, I do apologise

As for my assumption you called out, it was a question

You say a lot of words but you say nothing, nothing at all

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Make no mistake my opening replies were rude and hostile, probably born out of frustration at the utter ignorance of your comments and for what it’s worth, I do apologise

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Reading through this thread made me dislike religion even more.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

We have been very fortunate and have traveled extensively. We hire guides to learn local customs and history as told by the indigenous people. After learning what really happened in the South/Central Americas and also the story of Petra in Jorden, there are reasons to dislike religion. Same for the Teotihuacan, (Pyramids of the Sun and the Moon) and even Machu Picchu. All would have been destroyed if the Christians knew of their existence.

Instead of fairy tails, how about facing the truth that the Vatican in particular should be in jail. Nothing but organized crime who raped, killed, and stole using religion as an excuse to do so. Plus, how much culture have they destroyed? We will never know as they do not want you to know the real truth.

There is not one single bit of contemporary evidence Jesus ever existed, let alone performed miracles. Kinda amazing that miracles seemed to have stopped since the advent of DNA testing. OH, I get it...……. God doesn't think we are worthy of modern miracles. Yah, that's it.

DaCook

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So is Jesus "God"....?

If so, then it's not a birthday, it's just a manifestation of the Godhead.

But one thing is clear, even trying to explain the mind of God is a mortal sin.

Monkeys with lingo don't know no better.....

At least that's what the mechanical elves told me on my last voyage to green cactus land . You should try it, but be armed with the sword of faith and the shield of knowledge....You can check in anytime you like but you can never leave....
edit on 29-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I get it, I really do... you apologize, but it's all my fault? Therefore, it is justified, to you, to continue in the exact same practices for which you feigned an apology... but I'm the ignorant one. Okay, sure! Hypocrite.

I'm sorry I'm incapable of communicating at a level that can pierce your programmed prejudices. Please excuse me while I shake the dust from my feet.

May your master be worthily interested in you, and give to you in abundance the reward you have earned.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I might tend to agree, but more often than not it is the men (and women) and organizations that use it to enslave their fellows rather than liberate them, that are to be despised. But that is hardly limited to religion alone. After all, religion is but one species of ideology, and it is only the coward and/or incompetent that hides behind it as excuse for their actions.

"To determine the true rulers of any society, all you must do is ask yourself this question: Who is it that I am not permitted to criticize?"

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Perhaps it would be better if religions were made simple as to rule out any confusion or influence of violence. The more complex a religion the more humans will twist and interpretate it fir their own agendas.

That's why i know the bible, qurans and other holy books were written by men. A god would understand what writings would create confusion and thus rule out any confusion for the majority of humans with precise writing.

Instead, the books are written in a way that spawns endless division.

I believe there is spirituality but i doubt any of these holy books were written by "the god of everything ". Unless God's plan is to create confusion for whatever reason.

Ahh im rambeling niw, thanks for the interesting thoughts.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Want to gain control of a religion, just get control of their scriptures. BibleGateway lists 59 versions of bible in circulation... that's just in English. When we consider the 2000+ years of history, various known bad actors, persecutors, book burners, etc., the possibilities are endless.

If they exist, G*d and the devil are likely both rolling on the floor laughing, trying not to spill their cocktails!

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theli93

originally posted by: Fools
God was here with the "watchers" when it all began.

How? The Grigori are typically considered to have been the lowest order of angels.

Bereish'th (aka Genesis) 1 [note the " ' " used for an "i" in the Hebrew name because the board's idiotic censoring replaces any occurrence of the 4 letters corresponding to 'feces' witn an "#".]

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 Now the earth was unformed and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters.
3 And God said: 'Let there be light.' And there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

The Talmud and Midrash contain a variety of opinions on the origin and nature of angels. The angels were created on the second or the fifth day of creation
ref: Origin of Angels

The only thing of which we may be reasonably certain (according to the mythos), is that they were created before the 7th day.

Bereish'th (aka Genesis) 2

1 And the heaven and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

as "all the host of them" is typically thought to refer to, at least inclusively, the 'hosts of heaven'.

There is nowhere in the Bible that state what sort of angels the "watchers" were, other than they were holy ones. And it was by their decree the prophecy of the 7 times was given to Nebuchadnezzar. They are only mentioned 2 times in the Bible and both are in Daniel 4 about the prophecy of the tree that is cut down for 7 times. Actually I was just reading that prophecy yesterday funny enough.

As for your deduction that the angels were created sometime in the Genesis account, that can't be. You are looking at the Genesis account from the point of view of it being 6 literal days. They are only talking about God's preparing the earth for human habitation, and the creation of life upon it in 6 different epochs of time.

There is a scripture in Job that says that the angels or "sons of God" were all in heaven and applauding the creation of earth.

"Where were you when I founded the earth?
Tell me, if you think you understand.
 Who set its measurements, in case you know,
Or who stretched a measuring line across it?
 Into what were its pedestals sunk,
Or who laid its cornerstone,
When the morning stars joyfully cried out together,
And all the sons of God began shouting in applause?"
Job 38:4-7.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The Bible isn't a hard book to understand. There are certainly prophecies that are not understood until the time for them to be fulfilled.

The major teachings in the Bible are clear-cut and easy to understand, even a little child can get a grasp on them.

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: GetitTogether

Funny you are both right and wrong

People confuse the message as they don’t understand the culture
Often confuse Judaism and christianity, many christians think they have to live Jewish laws

But the message, that’s very simple but often we get confused

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I think you are wrong blue
It’s only when you get poor interpretation telling you what to believe
The New Testament does not teach anything but love
Unless you pull a single verse, paragraph, link together some unlinked verses to sell a narrative, just like Theil has done.

Jesus final words, forgive them
Jesus single law, love each other

It’s not hard to understand the bible but easily confused if you are lead astray

posted on Apr, 29 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I apologised for the way I spoke, it was wrong

Doesn’t mean what you said was right
I am not a gnostic or have any interest in Gnosticism

Thanks for trying to save me Theli but like a JW at the door, no thank you, please don’t come back

Happy to chat in future but, I don’t believe what you do, no interest

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetitTogether

The Bible isn't a hard book to understand. There are certainly prophecies that are not understood until the time for them to be fulfilled.

The major teachings in the Bible are clear-cut and easy to understand, even a little child can get a grasp on them.

Yup, that's why there are many Christian denominations. So plain and simple christians felt the need to split themselves up a hundred plus times.
edit on 30-4-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

To you, the message is clear. Many others percieve the message in the bible differently than you. So plainly obvious that the bible was written by man. Not to mention jesus story isn't all that original.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Really, care to show me something similar to the Christ story
Try zeitgeist, it’s your go to reference but an embarrassment to anyone who has studied history
I have been doing this dance for a long time on ats

As for the message, Jesus was very clear, love others, it’s that simple

All the different denominations know the simple message, love others

People are different, it’s as expected, Jesus taught one message, loving others was loving Him

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join