It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina breweries may be forced to dump beer during shutdown, report claims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Some breweries in South Carolina fear they’ll be forced to dump full kegs of beer that are going stale, as sales are suspended during the state’s shutdown of bars and restaurants in the fight against the novel coronavirus.

The dining rooms of food- and drink-serving establishments in the Palmetto State have been closed since March 17 in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Fox Carolina reports, possibly pushing brewers into the sticky situation of sending it down the drain, a new report claims.

May I be the first to just say "
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

I am close enough to assist in this. I just need to know where to go to help with this travesty. I have toiled for night after night wondering how I could help in this time of uncertainty. Now, like a sign from the lord, I have found my calling.

I pledge to save as much of these craftsmen's work as I can. I will suffer whatever must be suffered to achieve this.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Give it away give it away make friends for life.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Thats the most sensible thing Ive ever heard you say!

On point, that sucks. Its happening in several places. Hopefully things will turn quickly - next week we are opening restaurants. SAVE THE BEER

Heres a feel good story out of Philadelphia of all places about a guy helping out those in need. Of a beer.

Delivering Covid Free Beers for Free

edit on 23-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Have they not heard of curbside pickup?

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Give the beer to the people, make loyal customers for life when everything re-opens. No need to pour good beer down the drain when plenty of volunteers are ready to step up and help out with the problem!

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I didn't even think about breweries.

What a young and awesome American product that will take a bow right in its infancy.

That sucks. A lot of these breweries are locally owned and operated... Really makes justifying going to get some beers to support the community easy.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

NOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNIT NOOOOOOOOOO

I was thinking about this 2 days ago. All the restaurants that can’t serve beer on tap.

BEER ON TAP! WTF is that anymore....... IPA I miss you served the proper way — On fu##ing tap!

🍻
🍻
🍻

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

Thats the most sensible thing Ive ever heard you say!

On point, that sucks. Its happening in several places. Hopefully things will turn quickly - next week we are opening restaurants. SAVE THE BEER

Don't get to excited Alcohol is a fine daily intake anti-parasitic if not over utilised.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
maybe these folks can sell growlers full to save the existing supplies. Some quick advertising might do miracles.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Vermont dairy farmers were dumping milk 2 weeks ago too, it's not just the brewskies. If they start throwing out good cheese AND beer then it's all over for me

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

What kind of savages make the rules for South Carolina? We've had curbside pickup and even delivery in Denver for at least the last six weeks.

I say flush your elected officials down the toilet and save the beer.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh, hipster douchebag over priced craft beer. It taste nasty anyways.

I'm from South Carolina, no love loss there.

ETA: I was born and raised in SC, moved to Kentucky 20 years ago. AT least her the are turning the bourbon stills into making hand sanitizer. Adapt.
edit on 23-4-2020 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Tony Zat You? Tell Flea hay from derfreebie,
Back to the soaked thread, Dude... use a glass when you go.
I stood at that 1" drain tube a long time ago, and it almost
wasted me when I was 22. And oh yeah, eat a stick of
butter before you tank up, it'll flatten the curve.
F&S brave ghost

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
From time to time it becomes necessary to water the tree of inebriation with the beer of patriots.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If it does go stale, Distill it!!

Bad Beer makes good Whiskey.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Sounds like a marketing ploy to me.

Get those tempted to get a kegerator to pull the trigger.

edit on 23-4-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
My Son-in-law just bought four cases of long necks of a good beer for 14.95 a case, they usually run that for a twelve pack. He asked the store owner why so cheap and they said they got a great deal on them from the distributor because there is an abundance of beer and no bars to sell it. It is Modelo Especial beer. I have never tasted that beer so I do not know what it tastes like.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Perhaps this will make people wake up

What will we do without our beer

On the other hand, wine sales are up.

posted on Apr, 23 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

What kind of savages make the rules for South Carolina? We've had curbside pickup and even delivery in Denver for at least the last six weeks.

I say flush your elected officials down the toilet and save the beer.

These are huge breweries that ship truckloads hourly problem is no bars to sell to. And you cant have people order a beer its not a microbrewery so curbside is out, only options reopen bars or dump the vats and wait to make more.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I didn't realize that SC wasn't allowing any kind of sales. That sucks. The brewery I was working at in Virginia is doing curbside and deliveries and I still got laid off due to loss of business. And I was the Head Brewer. I can't imagine how any of these SC breweries will survive.

There was a report that came out a few weeks ago that said if the lockdown continues for three months then 46% of breweries will be forced to close for good. Profit margins agree already narrow enough in this industry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join