It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook the new arm of the state

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
thehill.com/homenews/media/4 93649-zuckerberg-says-stay-at-home-protests-organized-through-facebook-qualify-as

The headline qoute from the article: Zuckerberg: Some stay-at-home protests organized on Facebook could qualify as 'harmful misinformation'

Zuckerberg is leading the charge to restrict protest. I think things are now moving at an alarming rate now. He did say that "protest would be allowed if they follow state guidlines." Are you kidding. That is the whole reason why people protest because they disagree with a policy or law. We don;t protest something we agree with.

We all want people to be safe and healthy. For those that agree with the stay at home orders I ask to just watch the continuous and gradually rights and liberties being taken away. Has not histroy shown that once rights and liberties are taken away it is difficult to get them back?

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I am tired of arguing with people. Do what you want.

But when you get infected or infect someone you know who then dies. That's on you.

Those that choose to ignore history are doomed to repeat it. This has happened in the past. During the 1918 Spanish Flu Philadelphia decided to open up the city again. They had a parade that 200K people attended. In the end they had to shut down again. 12K people died because of it. Until there's a vaccine your chances of being infected remain.

theweek.com...

But like I said. Go do what you want.
edit on 20-4-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Facebook bows to |The.New.World.Order|and hates anything that resembles freedom !! 👿

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I am tired of arguing with people. Do what you want.

But when you get infected or infect someone you know who then dies. That's on you.

Those that choose to ignore history are doomed to repeat it. This has happened in the past. During the 1918 Spanish Flu Philadelphia decided to open up the city again. They had a parade that 200K people attended. In the end they had to shut down again. 12K people died because of it. Until there's a vaccine your chances of being infected remain.

theweek.com...

But like I said. Go do what you want.

I get where you are coming from but this isn't the Spanish flu and it's not 1917. It's not anywhere near virulent, and we have way better medical procedures and knowledge

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

And yet people are still dying by the thousands....

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

People die without Coronavirus everyday. How can people just trying to provide for their families be blamed for a natural act of god? Where even in the models with no mitigation 98 percent of the population lives.

If your fearful, stay home. Let the rest of society live.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I agree with Zuckerberg.

There is no moderation, fact-checking or control over the truthfulness of Facebork posts. None.

Consequently, there is a large volume of outright lies posted on Facebork and it is being used for political propaganda.

The fact that Brexit is going ahead and Trump was elected shows the power of social media to influence public opinion.

Facebork should not be taken seriously and is not a platform for petition because content can be changed without audit and there is no verification of factuality.

edit on 20/4/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So you are leaving it to Zuckerberg to decide what is truth and what is false?

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Which "state" though? The US, CCP, corporate technofascists?

Companies like facebook and alphabet inc (youtube, google, etc.) have been moving in this direction for a while.

Folks who have accepted, and supported, it all along will continue to do so.

Gotta come up with competition through concepts, ideas, and implementation. Its not easy, given the stranglehold these organizations have on peoples minds and business sectors. But, its certainly still possible.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

But are they? That's what we are told and blindly believe, however.....

1. CDC has dictated that people who die of something else, whether it be cancer, heart attack, or whatever, if they test positive for Corona, their reason for death is to be listed as corona, not what they actually died from. So they are testing corpses for the virus and INFLATING THE NUMBERS.

2. Not everyone can be tested. You must show symptoms or be in a "vulnerable" population first. However, in a random sample in California it was found that 1/3rd of the people tested positive, but most were asymptomatic. These people would otherwise have NEVER BEEN TESTED. The death rate is listed for the US at about 5% OF THOSE WHO TEST POSITIVE. Given that the number of people who have tested positive is a very small percentage of the population, does it not follow that the death rate is FAR FAR LESS than we are being told?

3. Hospitals are so overwhelmed that they are laying off staff because of a lack of patients.

4. In Washington the governor has suspended FISHING. Is he afraid we will give the virus to fish? What justification is there for suspending fishing?

5. The governor has also said that if we protest, we are being INSUBORDINATE. Seriously? Is he a general? In charge of a class? Or is he a PUBLIC SERVANT? Perhaps it is the governor who is being insubordinate.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This is a great free spech discussion to have. A flat earther has the right to say the earth is flat right? they have a right to believe that right?

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

someone who is lieing or speading false ,misinformation should be challenged with the truth on that platform by other users and say no this is the information and this is what is going on. (kind of like this platform right?)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

The vast majority of these deaths are the elderly and at-risk people yes, by all means, let's isolate them the best we can.
but destroying the economy is going to put so many more people in jeopardy including these same people. My Mom for for example 80 years old coming off surgery we got her wrapped up and taken care of but for how long if the rest of us don't get back work to just make enough to buy the bare necessities.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is not going to be a cure. Isn't one for the common warts or AIDS which they have been looking at like 40 years. Sucks but that is reality. Time to get back to work and start thinking about personal responsibility a hell of a lot more. Lose weight, cut back on eating trash.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Simple, don't use facebook if you don't like their policies.

Well, i know it's not that simple but how else do you fight a corporation that you disagree with while giving them money (ad revenue / information gathering).

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

right I don't. But I think the issue is facebook picking and choosing which protest/civil movements are deemed okay.

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Did someone just claim that Brexit only happened because facebook exists?

What the ?

People voted to leave the EU because of the fascist dictatorial way the EU operates
People voted for President Trump because they agreed with his policies

People who are butt hurt about their ideology being rejected by the majority of the population- blame social media

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I agree with Zuckerberg.

There is no moderation, fact-checking or control over the truthfulness of Facebork posts. None.

Consequently, there is a large volume of outright lies posted on Facebork and it is being used for political propaganda.

The fact that Brexit is going ahead and Trump was elected shows the power of social media to influence public opinion.

Facebork should not be taken seriously and is not a platform for petition because content can be changed without audit and there is no verification of factuality.

lets throw in Twitter instagram etc too. Ive noticed in the last year the trend for the news media is to write a title, add almost nothing and then post twitter users responses as news. Its amazing.
edit on 20-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
“Damn facebook, we should have state sponsored television shows (with ZERO controls over what is ‘truth’) and nothing else. That way, cNn would still be in control and we wouldn’t have had Brexit”

Ha ha haaa. Exposed.
edit on 20 4 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

So you are leaving it to Zuckerberg to decide what is truth and what is false?

No, my attitude is that if it is on Facebork, it is most probably false.

I don't need Zuckerberg to tell me anything (although he does seem to agree with my estimation).

When I see a Facebork post that seems like it may be true, and that sparks my interest, I go and check it out. Invariably, I find it is false, or sometimes a half truth, but usually substantially false.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join