It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been scammed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I got scammed about 3 weeks ago on a pet site
Somebody had their advert selling a bunny rabbit
i chatted to the user a few times - always by text though they never called me.

They then on the day they were going to deliver the rabbit, told me that their elderly relative was coming with and because of corona health risks
it would be a lot easier and safer if i could transfer the money
i was suspicious but their advert on the website they were a user of over 2 years there so i assumed they were an established legit user

I sent the money, and as you guess they cut off all communication and the number when i ring it goes to a dead voicemail!

I always tell people not to send money to anyone you have never met, but these people were very clever
They created a dormant account 18 months ago, and only used it now to scam - but having a profile which looks like you are a long standing established user gives a false sense of security
Also, the sob story about elderly relative and corona, i just thought what nice caring people they were.

I have forwarded all the details to action fraud, my bank, and their bank but im told its unlikely ill get the money back.

So what is YOUR scam story, have you been scammed?
How!
And how much
I forgot to say the amount i sent was 60 pounds equivelant to about 85 dollars id say!
edit on 16-4-2020 by PandaPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

Scammed, ha. Way too smart for that.

Just ask all the African princes that owe me a favor!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have some crystals and essential oils to relieve any distress and anxiety from being scammed.

PM me for deets yo.

edit on 16-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

No i have not, lots of trust in my dealings with strangers, this one time i bought an item that had a value of about 800 bucks, the person sent it to me before i paid for it. So the trust has been a two way street for me.

But on the other hand, i think with this virus thing, we have all been (SNIP) sideways and all ways and our anuses will be bleeding till the day we die. So there is that too to consider.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Yes, a scam sms on phone.. I had to pay 2 bucks for free tickets for local cinema, they even had the name and all right.
after that someone tried to steal a lot of money.. but my bank caught it before it happen.

What piss me off is that the bank would not give me the information about what account was trying to steal my money.
And I contacted the police, and they refused to help me.. they just told me it happens all the time and they do not have the ressourses to deal with scam mails.

They need to put down a special police group that deals with these things imo.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think its possible for anybody to be scammed, you dont need to be greedy or a fool to be scammed
Remember, when somebody tugs on your heart strings - it clouds your rational thinking..

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I had a sales rep that took my handmade products on the road to sell to shops and gallerys in the tourist towns in the Rky.Mts. She was great for about a year but eventually disappeared with about 15k worth of stuff. We were lovers for awhile and she had my trust. Testosterone and business just don't mix....
edit on 16-4-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

In the pre-internet days, one popular scam was the guy in the market parking lot selling high-end audiophile stereo speakers out of the back of his van for 100 bucks. I never had money but my friend bought a pair. He was stoked about the deal he got until he got home, opened the box and found a couple of cinder blocks!

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

iPad / mirrors with stickers

edit on 16-4-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I got scammed with some penny stock that went kaphooey. It did good for six months then the security company was hacked along with a couple of other companies and trading of those stocks was temporarily halted. I guess it was bad publicity for a facial recognition and security company for the government to get hacked, the stock never got back on OTC again and I think the company flopped.

No more buying penny stocks.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I got scammed with some penny stock that went kaphooey. It did good for six months then the security company was hacked along with a couple of other companies and trading of those stocks was temporarily halted. I guess it was bad publicity for a facial recognition and security company for the government to get hacked, the stock never got back on OTC again and I think the company flopped.

No more buying penny stocks.

i know its a personal question
you dont need to be specific
but how much did you lose approx

edit on 16-4-2020 by PandaPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Scammed, ha. Way too smart for that.

Just ask all the African princes that owe me a favor!

I told before. It's just not cleared yet.

Cheques will be mailed very soon. Never fear.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
years ago i got this email from "blizzard" where i had to log in because there was a issue with my account.

Dumb me did it , ofcourse lost the account.

Due to good support i was able to get everything back quickly.

This was a long time ago , maybe 10 years.

But it was a good learning school , Since then i never open emails that look fishy.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Once I met these people and they were like all nice and forgiving, pulling on my heart strings and such. they said if i would put my sevice into their bosses name, i could get rid of all my sins, I only had to repent...
But then they wanted money too! Really greedy
Then they even started to tell me who the bad guys are and that the boss doesn't like it when i hang arround with them.
When i noticed they also want my soul, I quit.

Biggest scam in human history

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yes.
I was born.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah, I got scammed one night. Took my wife to see a live show in Detroit, it was a MOTOWN review. I thought everyone would be cool, so I bought some drinks for my wife and I. Next thing I knew a bunch of tickets to Jamaica turned up on my credit card, like for (3) families of six and a couple more singles...oh and it was all-expenses paid too (big dollar stuff).

So much for thinking a MOTOWN review would have any honest people at it!! I guess I "owed" those folks, reparations and all!

Cancelled the charges and cancelled my card.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ha...

Yeah, I have been scammed... it is called income taxes, social security taxes, medicare taxes, state taxes, city taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes, telecommunications taxes, car registration taxes, assessed value taxes, gasoline taxes, cigarette taxes, alcohol taxes, capital gains taxes, dividend taxes, inheritance taxes, gift taxes, financial transaction taxes, transfer taxes, and i am sure about 10-20 more taxes that I cannot think of right now.

edit on 16-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yes.......the X husband
He conned me into selling off some properties I had inherited
Then he got into the funds......he was trying to hide
the fact that he had gotten Someone pregnant.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For legal reasons I'll say no, ive never been scammed. And those potential scammers were never harmed, theoretically..
edit on 16-4-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Ummm...why yes...yes I have...

I was scammed once because some document with some rules...is rarely ever upheld...or followed...

I mean...it’s only a Constitution...right...?

Oh...the second scam was just as lovely as the first...see...I was under the impression that the Constitution was the guarantor of equality...

Boy was I wrong...cause...when you have unequal protections under the color of...Justice...then we have a caste based society...with separate and distinct levels of punishment...or not...for the same offense...

Depending on your social standing...natch...

So...yeah...I’ve been scammed...

YouSir
edit on 16-4-2020 by YouSir because: Just...because

top topics

<<   2 >>

join