It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Pygmy people actually what we know as Fae Trolls Gnomes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
phys.org...

"Anthropological research has suggested that the taboo may have something to do with the image the villagers have of pygmies as the custodians of forest magic......

And their height is directly proportional to the amount of non-pygmy DNA inherited—"the less one is pygmy, genetically speaking, the taller one is," said Patin.

It's amazing the weird stuff you can read/watch when in quarantine, or in my case pretty much anytime.
I've always been intrigued by the pygmy people. Look at how small these people are. Just imagine if some of them were even smaller at
one time. I'm really curious about this "forest magic" too. Were there pygmy type people in places other than Africa?

edit on 14-4-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Or Hobbits.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Or pixies.

edit on 1442020 by Wide-Eyes because: Or Goblins

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

"Anthropological research has suggested that the taboo may have something to do with the image the villagers have of pygmies as the custodians of forest magic......

And their height is directly proportional to the amount of non-pygmy DNA inherited—"the less one is pygmy, genetically speaking, the taller one is," said Patin.

It's amazing the weird stuff you can read/watch when in quarantine, or in my case pretty much anytime.
I've always been intrigued by the pygmy people. Look at how small these people are. Just imagine if some of them were even smaller at
one time. I'm really curious about this "forest magic" too. Were there pygmy type people in places other than Africa?

Got one of them links there? What is your source?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It won't let me post the youtube video.

It is Drew Binsky
World's Tallest & Smallest People (are neighbors!)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

just added it to my post, was having trouble with the youtube link and accidentally deleted it.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Pygmy is a sin.
edit on 14-4-2020 by RubyRogue because: (Just kidding, sorry...)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RubyRogue
Pygmy is a sin.

What? Why do you say that?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: RubyRogue
Pygmy is a sin.

What? Why do you say that?

They forgot the ola.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RubyRogue

By default there can't be "Sin".

Now then, why would dwarfism be something religiously linked, but gigantism isn't? I think the idea that a group of inbred, poorly nutrient, isolated group of people could very well explain some of the myths of "Little People". Now if we could think about the "Green Children" situation then maybe we'd be on to something.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ola!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

By default there can't be "Sin".

Now then, why would dwarfism be something religiously linked, but gigantism isn't? I think the idea that a group of inbred, poorly nutrient, isolated group of people could very well explain some of the myths of "Little People". Now if we could think about the "Green Children" situation then maybe we'd be on to something.

What do you mean by 'by default' and also, 'religiously' and also 'inbred' as well..."Green Children"?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes no sin by default. God is good, therefore it can only do good things, and if God created all things, then by default all things are good and can only do good things. Any personal belief that a person had sinned, is in contrary to whatever god's actions are, but even those little naughty beliefs of yours is still good by default.

Let's look at it from another angle, Jesus died for all of our sins. This includes you and everyone you know, so future sins were included in Jesus' sacrifice. Therefore everyone born after 32AD can not have any sins, nor can they actively sin since all is forgiven.

So by default sin doesn't exist. I used the basic Christian model for this, but in all deity based religions that use the same model has the same confliction of morality.

religiously: you imply that being a pygmy is a sin, but left the reasons up in the air.

inbred: since most people know what this means, I bet you're asking about it in context. In researching the Little People of Flores (homo floresiensis) were a group of people that became stunted in growth due to diet, lack of genetic diversity, and environmental issues.

Haven't you ever heard of the "Green Children of Woolpit"? Very interesting tail, with real world evidence to back up the existence of the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

People need to get their fantasy lore straight.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In Wyoming the buffalo mountain pygmies have pics......three have been found....Pedro mountain now, something changed.....
Never heard of a pedro mtn....
Now its 60 mil es south of Casper....used to be 130 miles west....They're evil looking
edit on 14-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Yes no sin by default. God is good, therefore it can only do good things, and if God created all things, then by default all things are good and can only do good things. Any personal belief that a person had sinned, is in contrary to whatever god's actions are, but even those little naughty beliefs of yours is still good by default.

Let's look at it from another angle, Jesus died for all of our sins. This includes you and everyone you know, so future sins were included in Jesus' sacrifice. Therefore everyone born after 32AD can not have any sins, nor can they actively sin since all is forgiven.

So by default sin doesn't exist. I used the basic Christian model for this, but in all deity based religions that use the same model has the same confliction of morality.

religiously: you imply that being a pygmy is a sin, but left the reasons up in the air.

inbred: since most people know what this means, I bet you're asking about it in context. In researching the Little People of Flores (homo floresiensis) were a group of people that became stunted in growth due to diet, lack of genetic diversity, and environmental issues.

Haven't you ever heard of the "Green Children of Woolpit"? Very interesting tail, with real world evidence to back up the existence of the puzzle.

Really interesting concept about sin, I was actually thinking about this recently when considering 'original sin' as depicted in the bible, but this can't be debated, if the views are conflicting. . .

I was poking fun at the op (sorry op) and kidding when I said that pygmy was a sin...foolish...

So as you're saying, the pygmy gene is an inherited trait caused (inevitably) by incest...? Like inherently?

I'm just wondering...

I will have to research these Green Children!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The argument about the existence of sin comes from the early middle ages.

Joking got it.

Dwarfism seems to be a recessive gene symptom, but I'm hardly a geneticist. You might find some of the research about the Little People of Flores of interest. Same with the OP (hear that JAGstorm. The same instances behind the Flores people, could have affected some tribes in Africa too)

Yes the "Green Children of Woolpit" it's a head scratcher.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wish I had a pet Oompaloompa.

Not sure about anyone we could know of in present day being a fairy though.

I am not convinced they don't exist, I just think they're too clever to be seen.

I think I saw one of their "craft" though, in a Welsh forest. Orange, orb, pretty.
edit on 14/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
After researching the green children, and thinking a lot more about sin...and considering fantasy and mythology and lore...I think the op has a fantastic concept.

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Yes small statured people existed out side of Africa, matter of fact shorter than average folks currently living in Asia, tho they maybe a bit taller than Pygmies, you guys remembered that incident on some Indian ocean island, the locals killed a nutty preacher type, who wanted to convert them just because??.., besides being warned by others before he embarked on that trip, was warned to stay a way by said locals themselves, well they were Pygmy statured .

But what's even more interesting, is that the Egyptian God Bes was Batwa Pygmy from the Congo or Great lakes region of central Africa, the God Ptah may have been one also.
Matter of fact If I remember correctly Papi Il of the middle kingdom had one bought back to Egypt for him, so he could perform the ritual dances of the Gods, worship of the God Bes was to spread throughout the Mediterranean and as far north as Roman occupied Britain.
Perhaps this could be one strand of the myths of short folks, others may not have been mythical at all.
edit on 15-4-2020 by Spider879 because: Victim of auto correct.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join