It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Lawyer in Texas has filed a $20 Trillion lawsuit against China.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So a while in pandemic terms march 24th it was reported that A Lawyer in Texas has filed a $20 Trillion lawsuit against China.

He wasn't the first a lawyer in Florida filed suit earlier, has anyone heard anything further?

Is this a response to the China Blames America for the Coronavirus Outbreak

Story.

For either case to be proven, it would in required proof that this was a man-made or natural virus.
My opinion is regardless of a lab or a wet market ( natural ) it has to be classed as man-made because the animal - human connection would never have been possible with out the interactions of poor animal husbandry. If someone caught a rare bat in the middle of an unexplored jungle and ate it - then maybe it's natural.

The reported research Engineered bat virus stirs debate over risky research of the Wuhan Institute of Virology across the road from the wet market are true. Even though there is the statement added to this

Editors’ note, March 2020: We are aware that this story is being used as the basis for unverified theories that the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19 was engineered. There is no evidence that this is true; scientists believe that an animal is the most likely source of the coronavirus.

It is surely just an unverified statement to claim "an animal is the most likely source of the coronavirus" that just happen to be in the same area they were doing experiments to find and create viruses from bats.

Fingers crossed we get a vaccine and a true accountability for this virus and the continued flow of new viruses out of the same part of the world by accident or design or human eating habits

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
There is little chance of winning that lawsuit. There is no way to prove exactly where that virus came from, how did it get on the food, what person originally spread it, what country was that person from. The lawyers filing that lawsuit are looking to get half of the money for themselves, that is how lawsuits work.

Originally that virus could have come from anywhere, it could be from Europe, the USA, or Canada or even Italy or who knows where. Maybe from North Korea for all we know. We have seafood markets here in the USA, there is nothing illegal about that. We have gatherings with food at them across our country, it could start from a Farmers Market. Many countries have open markets like they have although their selection seems weird to me, I am not going to judge their culture.

The Chinese people are not very well off, you would be taking money from poor people to please some greedy people.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

It will go nowhere. A citizen or any entity of a foreign state has no standing in suing a sovereign state.
Even in a state to state lawsuit there is no court with jurisdiction.

Some folks might claim the UN is the jurisdiction, but the UN only have powers granted by the member nations. AKA, they are toothless and only serve at the pleasure of the member states.

ETA: I use state in this response as a sovereign country. Not a US state, which has a governing judicial authority of the SCOTUS.
edit on 3-4-2020 by randomtangentsrme because: explained above.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Animal husbandry?

I thought they had more men then women in China. Those women should be scolded

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
"Look y'all , I got my name on the internet after all these years of tryin."

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

He should dress as a chicken in protest. That would really effective, too.

America and China are different countries with different legal systems. There is no intra-US-China court.

edit on 3/4/2020 by chr0naut because: Filed under "Only in America". LOL

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Didn't a U.S. TV journalist serve a lawsuit to Vladimir Putin during an interview in 2018? Putin chuckled, threw it on the floor, and continued with the interview, as I recall.

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   

The only way to hold China responsible and properly punish them is to gain reparation's by freezing all their western assets, nationalizing al their business interests, along with all their owned infrastructure, as well as withholding all debt (indelicately), to the Chinese Communist party.

Then force all businesses to bring manufacturing back to their respective nations, cutting China out of the loop entirely..!!

And after all this, hope to hell they don't go bats@#t crazy and launch all their nukes in retaliation..lol

edit on 3-4-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I just read a very interesting article that makes the case that even though it originated in China it was spread globally by Europe and their complete lack of any common sense whatsoever.

theintercept.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Its almost like any time something happens, there seems to be a drill or simulation of the same thing going on in the same area.
Just thinking out loud...

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The best way to pay back China for wrecking our economy and killing thousands of Americans is a total trade embargo. We’re dependent on them at the moment for essential products during the pandemic. But domestic production is ramping up on many items such as ventilators and masks. February imports from China are down 13 percent, and March imports from China should be much lower. April will be even worse. We already have a travel ban in place with China.

In other words, we’ll be used to getting significantly fewer goods from China within a few months at the same time domestic manufacturing should be in high (or at least higher) gear for many products. We’ll be used to the pain in other words.

We’ve never exported that much to China, contrary to the high hopes we had when we normalized relations hoping to gain access to a huge potential market. But it’s only ever been potential access. Only 5 percent of U.S. exports go to China, and even that will drop substantially in the next few months.

So as soon as the pandemic appears to be in hand and we’re producing most of what we need in case it flares up again, we should announce an embargo to be implemented in stages. There will never be a better time. A phased embargo would give time for non-Chinese firms that wish to sell products in America to shift manufacturing operations elsewhere.

At the same time we announce the phased embargo, we should start deporting all Chinese citizens, including the roughly 360,000 attending American universities. It will be rough on high tech companies to lose all the Chinese scientists and engineers working here, but we can start a nationwide program to increase STEM graduates. Our people are smart, too. Just look at all the Nobel prizes Americans have won and their inventions.
edit on 3-4-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

edit on 3-4-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Apr, 3 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

F@#$ China! The only thing good to come out of China was Bruce Lee.
And they had him whacked!
edit on 3-4-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

Coincidentally the amount is close to the amount of debt u.s owes.
Coincidence really ?
As far as the Corona virus goes, it has been around for decades.
The virus mutated, and for all we know vaccines could have
contributed in it's mutation.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I said this would happen a week ago.
its to pay off the US debt.
they set up China !

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I just read a very interesting article that makes the case that even though it originated in China it was spread globally by Europe and their complete lack of any common sense whatsoever.

theintercept.com...

Yes that is correct. Many countries with the same data have managed to stem the flow of the virus. The ones that have not like to blame China instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Why not sue the US government. It told people their where was no need to wear face masks. They have now you turned on this. This policy alone would have killed a lot of people.

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Yeah good luck with that...

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yes because suing always made the world better.

Man you guys are hilarious. Money printer goes brrrrr

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

And then they call-in all their loans and stop buying US paper and we go bankrupt as a country. Good plan!!

posted on Apr, 4 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

A bit off topic, but a gay couple (american and romanian) sued the Romanian government because they didn't grand spouse visa to the american husband. (in romania, gays can't get married nor united in any way, legally and most definitely not religiously) They took their case to the European court and they won, meaning the European court forced Romania to recognize gay marriages performed in other countries where such marriages are legally recognized. I'm not sure what the couple did next.
My point is that, people can sue a country... but i think they also need to use their brain a little and see if their reason is solid enough, regardless of how biased the judge will be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join