It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed to buy stocks? Bye bye capitalism/free markets!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
As a control mechanism for the elites....a reply to: pexx421

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HelloboysImbackguy
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I was wondering the same thing. The federal reserve isnt part of the federal government. Its a private business.

Do you actually believe that after the Obama administration? "Dual-mandate" ring a bell for you?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
What surprises me is all of you so called financial and capital experts on here believing we ever had anything resembling a “free market”. That # is controlled and manipulated in almost every single facet.

Factually false. I trust you can't explain to us, in any level of detail, how trading actually works as it pertains to individuals/institutions/etc.

You also probably aren't aware that institutions don't trade frequently - they use the equivalent of an actuary to target rates of return over extended periods of time to satisfy their obligations via a stable of managers who each represent a specific category of their overall portfolio (EM, US, EU, Quant, L/S, etc.).

And they never "go to cash".

Don't speak to something you don't understand, please.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Im wondering the same thing. The federal reserve isnt part of the federal government. Its a private business.

I think everyone if freaking out no matter their opinion.

Ironically the federal reserve is an example of a private business that should be state-owned.

Facepalm.
edit on 29-3-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

What surprises me is all of you so called financial and capital experts on here believing we ever had anything resembling a “free market”. That # is controlled and manipulated in almost every single facet.

It's part of the reason were in this mess, how anyone objectively looking at what's going with corporations creating monopolies to stifle competition and still think we're still operating in a free market is just delusional.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I'm going to go at this again...

Don't make ignorant comments about something you don't understand. You're so wrong you don't even get it.

How is it that I, just a dude who understand how this stuff works, make 20% in the last 6 sessions? No, it's not loaded.

I will tell you this and you can choose to listen or you can choose to give your money to people like me...

The single largest enemy of the individual investor is themselves and their own emotions. They can't manage them. By the countless thousands, people liquidated over a week ago - they lost. Why? They can't "handle the volatility and the system is rigged." Utter BS. False. Wrong and stupid.

When you buy a stock, you get an ownership share of a company, right? That means that when you buy a share you're putting the worlds brightest business minds in charge of your money - who also have a legal obligation to grow shareholder value. If they innovate, you win. This has been true forever.

Said another way, if you're doing poorly in the stock market, consider buying the market and letting it ride. Nearly every single individual investor I've come across has completed pooed the bed and are worth way, way less than they should be - all because they tried to "time the market". If you can't separate emotion from fact, let the broader market do the work for you.

Don't believe me? Go find me a 30 year rolling period since 1960 that says I'm wrong and you shouldn't just let stocks do their thing. You won't.

Sorry for being a D here but I really need to dispel what you're saying for the benefit of other readers - you're way, way off target.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's part of the reason were in this mess, how anyone objectively looking at what's going with corporations creating monopolies to stifle competition and still think we're still operating in a free market is just delusional.

Here's a question for you.... do monopolies make monopolies or does the free market consolidate to where something is most valuable/useful/in demand?

Hint - it's the later. FANGs didn't become a monopoly on their own. They came up with stuff we happen to like...

edit on 29-3-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Without competition a free market does not exist.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

Im wondering the same thing. The federal reserve isnt part of the federal government. Its a private business.

Ironically the federal reserve is an example of a private business that should be state-owned.

Facepalm.

The government of a country should set the national financial policy. Not a private company. That is an absurd state of affairs.

I’m pretty sure there are countless threads going back decades on these boards about why the federal reserve is bad.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Without competition a free market does not exist.

I’d actually say without a free market, competition (thus innovation) does not exist.

You just have the market.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So clearly I do not know as much about all of this as you do so I will forgo expressing any of my own impressions on all of this. I will however ask you a a question. If what you warn of is true, how can Trump allow it to happen without exposing this truth as you have. Certainly he must be aware of this.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Facepalm.

The government of a country should set the national financial policy. Not a private company. That is an absurd state of affairs.

I’m pretty sure there are countless threads going back decades on these boards about why the federal reserve is bad.

I disagree with that.

The more the Fed operated independently, the better things were for all. Then ended with Bernanke and 2008.

They had (have) the lever to keep the economy stable - free of political influence. They can make decisions independently without a political agenda. That’s a way way better setup.

Now, to the point of what you think should be, that’s what we now have.

From bernanke to Jerry it’s been highly politicized... “dual mandate” ring a bell?

Guess what happens when you have the Fed operating based on gov. Policy? You get what’s happening right now.

Not good.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

So how does a company that trades/produces a commodity that has not changed in value over 5 years become worth 20% more over the same period?

The demand hasn't changed for the commodity traded either. Explain that to me without mathematical wizardry.

Look paint the stock markets a lovely shade all you want, call yourself a winner and others losers but fact is the stock market is a game. The winnings are getting bigger and the world is getting poorer.

Do dividends get payed when the markets crash?

Because demand for goods doesn't stop, just the credit to pay for it... Notice I didn't say cash?

Stock markets and egos go well together... They're both often artificially inflated. Most people don't have the air to waste on such nonsense, seemingly there'll be less and less in days to come.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well he'd have to be in on it.

But only to take the whole thing down of course.
post=25066636]TerryMcGuire[/post

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

It's over man, there's no going back.

Now we just got half the economy reset. The rest will come soon.

All they have to do is print more money to fight dollar deflation.

Expect more bailouts in the coming months. Bigger ones.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Correct, the economic shut down is necessary to restart it, so to speak.

There were too many new wealthy taking too much $ out of the economy by saving or hiding their money.

When you already need more than you got to pay back the loan, hiding away money just compounds an already challenging problem.

They saw that the system was ready to go bankrupt, so used CoV to scapegoat.

I expect huge changes soon.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Or at the very least audited. Also doesn't it qualify as a monopoly? (which is illegal)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'm going to go at this again...

Don't make ignorant comments about something you don't understand. You're so wrong you don't even get it.

How is it that I, just a dude who understand how this stuff works, make 20% in the last 6 sessions? No, it's not loaded.

I will tell you this and you can choose to listen or you can choose to give your money to people like me...

The single largest enemy of the individual investor is themselves and their own emotions. They can't manage them. By the countless thousands, people liquidated over a week ago - they lost. Why? They can't "handle the volatility and the system is rigged." Utter BS. False. Wrong and stupid.

When you buy a stock, you get an ownership share of a company, right? That means that when you buy a share you're putting the worlds brightest business minds in charge of your money - who also have a legal obligation to grow shareholder value. If they innovate, you win. This has been true forever.

Said another way, if you're doing poorly in the stock market, consider buying the market and letting it ride. Nearly every single individual investor I've come across has completed pooed the bed and are worth way, way less than they should be - all because they tried to "time the market". If you can't separate emotion from fact, let the broader market do the work for you.

Don't believe me? Go find me a 30 year rolling period since 1960 that says I'm wrong and you shouldn't just let stocks do their thing. You won't.

Sorry for being a D here but I really need to dispel what you're saying for the benefit of other readers - you're way, way off target.

So, you’re point is that those staying in the stock market make money. That’s true for drug lords staying in the racket too. Doesn’t mean that it’s legitimate. So first off it’s a scam in favor of the banking houses that bring a first offer. They get the rights for the first purchase, and buy them up driving the price up, knowing that new stocks normally rise rapidly before going back down to a normal level. So once they get see the stocks are high enough, they sell them all. This is a massive extraction off of the value of initial offering that they get monopoly rights to.

Secondly it’s a scam because, as another mentioned, we live in a bubble economy, where stocks are artificially inflated for profiteering reasons. When the massive business community lobbies themselves a massive tax break, uses the he vast majority of those funds to buy back their own stocks, this is a bubble. It’s increased price without increased value. Supply and demand are artificially controlled across the board, iPhones and ipads don’t go down in price because there’s enough for everyone. New cars that don’t get sold get dumped in massive car graveyards. Meds skyrocket in price not because of growing demand, but due to artificial scarcity created by monopolistic corporate policies, in bed with government. In fact, while it may be different for products on the stock market, in the real world purchasing community, supply and demand have little effect on manufactured goods. But I’m sure you don’t recognize any of that.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think we are going for some kind of global reset and the emergence of a different system.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Let this sink in...in the 20 years from 2000-2020
- Income up 13%
- Silver up 71%
- Gold up 84%
- Gas up 23%
- Oil down 100%
- Home price up 63%
- New car price up 43%
- Stock market average return 5.4%

US DEBT UP 400%

Basically income is stagnant while everything else goes up. The government debt continues to sky rocket. Wealth will be evaporated and families will struggle to just pay for housing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join