It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could/would warming some respiratory medications fed into ventilator help?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How about just using a general anesthesia and flush out the lungs with oxygenated soapy water and Clorox?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

how about we use you to test this idiocy ?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

flushing out lungs wouldn't work especially with soap or chlorox, what gave you this bright idea? that would damage the lungs even more and probably kill the person it was tried on.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

ah - so you have absolutly no idea what you are talking about

As a youth I was asthmatic and I was paying attention to the medicine & treatment I was taking back then and how the various treatments effected my breathing. I also remember how warmer summer air seemed to help my breathing and how cold/moist fall air would agitate it.
So ignorant_ape I cannot agree with your assumption about me not having any idea about what I am taking about bro.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It would cause more damage then help.
This is why I was discussing using less dense safe gases that can be warmed to disrupt possible virus activity and shedding with temperature disruptions...

The gases also can travel through soft tissue where the virus is traveling to reach the lung tissue. That part of the process is gasing the viruses within the soft tissue further limiting virus replication/shedding or stopping it as the viruses are now potentially within tissue environments that are toxic- harmful to them.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

you has my sympathy for your medical comdition - i know several asthmatics and it sucks to be them

but :

in-line heating is std on ventilators - a simple google - or reading the many ATS threads - would inform you of that

ventilation is often combined with nebulising therapy - the exact type depends on why the patient is ventilated

as for gases - this was my primary irk with your posts in this thread

and this is where you clearly have no clue

your " sugestions " in no particular order :

carbon dioxide - no just fook NO - look up the efects of increased CO2 [ % chart - hint when you get to 10 - its DEAD ]

nitrogen - WTF ???? its an asphysiant - look up the argument for using pure nitrogen as an execution gas [ a idea i support ] - in diving - the entire point of all the mixes - is to reduce nitrogen intake

oxygen - wow - you actually got something right - but hey 15l / minuite = the std treatment for almost anything [ contradictions include COPD , paraquat poisoning ] - more exotic oxygen threapies are availiable

the rest are tech dive gasses - that are [ after nitrox - which is just air with added oxygen - ie EAN 32 = 32% oxygen , EAN 40 = 40% oxygen ] increasingly techical mixes for advanced DEEP [ > 60m ] dives - and all have < 20% oxygen - because of oxygen toxicity at pressure . the trimix for 80m runs @ just 10% oxygen - which is not enogh for surface use - so you need desent tanks - then switch to bottom gas - then asscent and decompression mixes

nitrox is a " shallow use " gas [ > 50m ] - thats used to increase bottom time offset nitrogen narcosis - and decrease decompression time

the others replace nitrogen [ a slow gas ] with helium - or really tech stuffs hydrogen which are fast gases

reducing nitrogen = vital to offset nitrogen narcosis - which starts @ 30m on straight air [ typically ]

30m = 4bar pressure - you cannot generate that in an ICU - you need a full spec hyperbaric chamber ]

hospital " hyperbaric treatments " - in a tent - run at just 1.1 bar

so see - thats a primer on your suggested gases - see why i say - you have no clue ?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No sympathy requested...
I cleared it by age 12.

a reply to: ignorant_ape

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I'm laughing my arss of right now. some here thought I was serious.
edit on 31-3-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

oh joy : the " i wasnt serious " defence

well sir the problem is that when idiots panic - they come up with all manner of assanine ideas

a real world one is :

" the mms cure for autism " - which in brutal terms simply involves pumping a bleach up your kids arse

when this stupidity is touted - my reaction is also - let the parents demonstrate it first - on them selves

so - dont post such idiocy on a public forum - then attempt to duck behind the " i was not serious " defence

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Dang! This isn't a serious site. This site is entertainment friend. It's something bored people do. LOL
Cool down friend. This life only comes around once.

Were not gonna come up with a miracle cure here.
edit on 1-4-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join