It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I hate coincidence. Here I am surfing the interwebs, celebrating day 14 of my 'self isolation', and I respond to the following clickbait: Claimed Time Traveler Says He Has Dire Predictions About Year 2749

I've always had an interest in the Philadelphia Experiment. I first became acquainted with the story back in the days of ftps, Paranet and bulletin boards, but it's been a while since I delved into that particular rabbit hole.

I then head over to Facebook, and what's on my page but a link to the following album by Frost*: The Philadelphia Experiment (youtube link doesn't want to behave)
www.youtube.com...

Excellent progressive band, if you like such things. Don't mind the Rover Boys-type intro. Seeing as I am not one for Coincidence Theory, this seemed like a good opportunity to escape the pandemic and ask if anyone is still following the adventures of Al Bielek, the USS Eldridge, and The Montauk Project? Anything new out there?

and hey...be smart, be cool, and be kind in these troubled times.
edit on 28-3-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The Eldridge was sold to Greece in 1951, where it served until 1992, and sold for scrap in 1999. If it was involved in what has been claimed over the years (everything from time travel, to the crew being fused to the deck), it probably wouldn't have been sold to them.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Hey Johnny. First, who the hell cares about dire warnings about seven hundred years in the future. Seven MONTHS or even WEEKS is more important.

Secondly, that Philadelphia stuff, well who knows anymore. It was turned into a fictional book and a fictional movie and that raised awareness on the topic but that was mostly short lived. Sometimes I wonder if fictional books and movies are a way of ''covering up'' fact based things by delivering them as fantasy to the general public.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The Eldridge was sold to Greece in 1951, where it served until 1992, and sold for scrap in 1999. If it was involved in what has been claimed over the years (everything from time travel, to the crew being fused to the deck), it probably wouldn't have been sold to them.

Yes, I read that, and what you're saying sounds reasonable.

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Hey Johnny. First, who the hell cares about dire warnings about seven hundred years in the future. Seven MONTHS or even WEEKS is more important.
Trust me, I'm acutely aware of current circumstances

Secondly, that Philadelphia stuff, well who knows anymore. It was turned into a fictional book and a fictional movie and that raised awareness on the topic but that was mostly short lived. Sometimes I wonder if fictional books and movies are a way of ''covering up'' fact based things by delivering them as fantasy to the general public.
The story goes back a while before the movie. I picked up on it during the early days of the internet because I had academic access, and the movie...while much anticipated...was a let-down. The Montauk and Bielek stuff is pretty out there but I still suspect there's a kernel of truth to the whole story. We live in a world where much is still unexplained, and recognising that weirdness opens the door to other matters.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Me as well. I first read about it well before the movie was made. Back then I was still of a mind to trust other peoples stories pretty much. If not trust at least to listen .

Along with multiple psychic experiences that lent themselves to a stranger universe than I had been lead to believe in, I had had several UFO sightings back in those day, one specifically was very dramatic and much more than a light in the sky. It was clearly a saucer like craft and in my sight for around fifteen seconds. So reading about the Eldridge was not to far afield for me to consider. Besides, we lived on Eldridge Avenue.

After those days though, all of those experiences for me at least dropped off. I like what you say about recognizing weirdness when it comes our way does open us up to seeing it in smaller and everyday doses. It's like a line being crossed. I now do not hold much for mass disclosure or revelations but think that those recognition's and ''wakening'' are pretty much a singular experience of the individuals who undergo them.

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sold for scrap?

They could have sold the entire thing on ebay for 20 bucks for a gram.

Opportunity lost..

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Zaphod58
Sold for scrap?
They could have sold the entire thing on ebay for 20 bucks for a gram.
Opportunity lost..

That's why I keep coming back to this place...like-minded weirdos! Well stated!

posted on Mar, 28 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I hate coincidence.

I don’t think that’s coincidence. More like cookies on your computer tracking your activity.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The Philadelphia Experiment first came to "light" as an appended story in the book "The Bermuda Triangle" by Charles Berlitz.
It was further explored in a later book by Berlitz , "The Philadelphia Experiment"
I read both way back in my younger days when I had an open mind about such .

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I hate coincidence. Here I am surfing the interwebs, celebrating day 14 of my 'self isolation', and I respond to the following clickbait: Claimed Time Traveler Says He Has Dire Predictions About Year 2749

I've always had an interest in the Philadelphia Experiment. I first became acquainted with the story back in the days of ftps, Paranet and bulletin boards, but it's been a while since I delved into that particular rabbit hole.

I then head over to Facebook, and what's on my page but a link to the following album by Frost*: The Philadelphia Experiment (youtube link doesn't want to behave)
www.youtube.com...

Excellent progressive band, if you like such things. Don't mind the Rover Boys-type intro. Seeing as I am not one for Coincidence Theory, this seemed like a good opportunity to escape the pandemic and ask if anyone is still following the adventures of Al Bielek, the USS Eldridge, and The Montauk Project? Anything new out there?

Hey Johnny C I realize my decorum is off in these times I don't come here much anymore but good to see you posting you are one of the sane people here! Hope you are safe and well

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I hate coincidence.

I don’t think that’s coincidence. More like cookies on your computer tracking your activity.
A reasonable thought, but I read the clickbait before the music was posted on a Prog page. Maybe on the other end...but that's in the UK. Aliens...could be aliens!

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
Hey Johnny C I realize my decorum is off in these times I don't come here much anymore but good to see you posting you are one of the sane people here! Hope you are safe and well

Thanks for the nice words. I figure we all need a distraction, and this popped up. I'm well here and just being careful about contacts (as we should all be). Cheers!
edit on 29-3-2020 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This story has always been too third-hand.

Allen / Allende was a character.

Berlitz worked for Army intelligence during 10+ years of military service. Did that background play a role in how he portrayed the events ?

ETA. I liked this statement on that site. Cool story, if nothing else.

“The Greek sailor started telling me that the base considered the Eldridge haunted. None would go on alone and that particular duty is really a one man rover. They said screams were regularly heard on it along with other unexplained humming noises. Someone always stayed on the pier by the ship when the rover went onboard.”

Cheers
edit on 29-3-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
This story has always been too third-hand. Cool story, if nothing else.

True...and this is a conspiracy site. Things also get buried.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

www.youtube.com...

Full disclosure, I had never heard of this before. My first reaction after looking at what “happened”, the whole people being fused to the deck, sounds like someone is messing around with a tesseract device...I mean whats more stealthy than slipping into the 4th dimension. You would be there as mass relative to the universe but completely imperceptible to those in the 3rd dimension. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

join