It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seniors getting the bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So the stimulus has been agree upon. The Dems nearly derailing it, then last minute agreement. and Social Security beneficiaries will get nothing, in essence footing part of the bill or Fiat Deficit. "I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you"

May you receive all you deserve. I'm just waiting for Godot.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
So the stimulus has been agree upon. The Dems nearly derailing it, then last minute agreement. and Social Security beneficiaries will get nothing, in essence footing part of the bill or Fiat Deficit. "I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you"

May you receive all you deserve. I'm just waiting for Godot.

I think we are getting what we deserve.

And Gal Gadot is smokin' hawt!

(yes, I do know what you really mean though)

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Link?

Last I heard the bill was changed, yesterday, so that Social Security recipients would get a check.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
.....information and debate is Good....but in a sense they would of still receive a check monthly while others vanished, those being the ones the stimulus was for..

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You get a check! You get a check! Everybody gets a check!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Handing out money like this is very dangerous. Many will get it who don't need it and will spend it on things they do not need. Typical Government policy without proper controls built in it. Some are making more money now than they ever had yet they will get a check. Nonsense.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
.....information and debate is Good....but in a sense they would of still receive a check monthly while others vanished, those being the ones the stimulus was for..

My wife and I have spoken about this check.

If we do get one, chances are we won't anyway, but if we do get one then I'm going to cash it and go to the store early with all the elderly shoppers and buy their groceries until I run out of cash.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Can we have a new car too??
A new house would be nice too...
Just think how many sick people it will put to work!!!

Unless we can get actual food from the grocery stores I dont care how much money they are giving us in may..
We will be fighting the cat for her food long before... and believe me, the terrorkit will win!!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I hear ya, if i dont keep my cat well fed she'll drive me nuts with all the yelling.

I could use a new car though..

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
You get a check! You get a check! Everybody gets a check!

Wrong.

I get no check and no Godot.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wonder if farmers are getting their fields planted...….

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

A LOT of ignorant, mentally polarized people who think they're getting something are sadly mistaken.

That's incredibly dangerous.

I expect some localized rioting and a increase in crime overall across the country.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I also thought everyone knew toilet paper wasn't edible as well, so...

ETA: This should have been sent out to EVERYONE.
If you gave 1200 to EVERY adult, and 500 to EVERY child, that would amount to a little under 290 billion.
At this point, what's the difference?🤷🏽‍♂️
edit on 3/26/2020 by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Well they never said it wasnt monopoly money???

Lol....
Or, two weeks after its deposited in everyone's bank account, they have a bank holiday and it turns out that the 1200 converts to 5 in the new currency...

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Well they never said it wasnt monopoly money???

Lol....
Or, two weeks after its deposited in everyone's bank account, they have a bank holiday and it turns out that the 1200 converts to 5 in the new currency...

Or better yet, negative interest rates kick in, (they're coming) and good ol' Greek austerity measures go into effect wiping it all out and then some.

Folks, if you have money in the bank, just make sure not ALL your money is in the bank. Personally, I would only keep 10% of whatever is in there, in there. If that.

You might think direct deposit is convenient, well direct withdrawal could become EXTREMELY convenient for the government.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yup, confirmed no Trumpy Bucks and no Gal Godot.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Does anyone get the feeling we could be selling our country out
for these checks?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

The checks aren't really about us. They're about the economy. It's an engine that runs on consumers consuming.

The checks are the governments way of putting gas in the tank so that we'll spend it and keep the engine running.

The fact that it might help out some folks who are in a really bad situation in honestly incidental.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

With it being an election year that has a lot to
do with it.One side could be causing the crash
and the other side wants to fix it.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Ummm.. ya, good luck on that..
If you want to get into my banks lobby, or even use the drive thru, you have to call first and make an appointment.
The atm is open though, but they have a limit on how much you can take out at a time. I imagine it wouldnt be that difficult to adjust that limit do we inward even more.
And, I am kind of at a loss as to what we are supposed to be buying. Cant be food, at least in my area, there isnt much food. And I doubt it they want us to hit the stores to buy a bunch of nonessential crap.
We are supposed to be not running around here.
My guess is that they are just trying to make sure the banks have a healthy cash reserve so they can lend more money for all the loan programs they have passed.

top topics

join