It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toilet Paper Calculator--Have You Hoarded Enough?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I took the test, and it said I failed.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

A handheld shower head is gravy.

One of my Grands lived by a creek and had no running water. My brother and I had to collect water for her daily. She didn't even have a loo. She had a chamber pot, basin for cleaning, and small cloths she cut up from old clothes, used for drying, that she put in a bucket with Lysol for washing.

We got here without it, this too shall pass.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Same with menstrual pads and diapers. I am the oldest of ten and have changed more than my share of diapers. There was no such thing as disposal diapers when we were babies, just to show how old I am.

I live in the country and am blessed with awesome neighbors, and we have large number of "can do" old folks out here that can work magic with what they have to "get her done".

Also have quite a few Red Necks, and say what you will, but no culture is more creative.

Before someone has a melt down I am using Red Neck as a culture because we have Black and Hispanic Red Necks. I use the term Red Neck to describe a mindset, not the actual color of their skin. I don't use it as a derogatory term, for me it is with admiration when I speak of those that can think outside of the box, those that have a pure form of ingenuity for being able to make something usable out of items so many are throwing away.

So I think will do just fine. Like my Mother always say, "Necessity is the Mother of invention". Yeah, she is an Irish/Native Red Neck.

Yep makes me wonder if corncobs are being used again somewhere in the back hollers and woods. Too bad they don't send out the Sears and Roebuck catalog which was rather useful too.
edit on 25-3-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I hAve a back up supply of corn cobs

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

What method do you use when use when utilizing the corn cob?
Is it a sort of A drag through the canyon, or more of a thump and twist?
Asking for a friend.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I don't really want to know the answer to this, but for some reason I feel like I need to know it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
I hAve a back up supply of corn cobs

If you run out, I can give you some pine cones.
My kids won't use them because they have sharp spiky things on them.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fake news, the calulator is flawed giving unreal results. It says how many bathroom visits per person, but does not ask how many people. It does not address the roll size, some are double rolls, some are six times the amount.

Using this calculator could result in very disruptive sheety results.

I figured eight visits a day for both of us, and it was practical, but immaterial because the roll size was not listed. Also, if the kids run short, they will be coming to visit, at three twelve packs of double rolls we will not last seventy two days.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It may sound weird, but I kinda wish that site would track the stats. Maybe they do, and I missed it..

Hey, one good thing that might come from all this is.. the fairer among us using less TP

Seriously though, I dont know how some people go through as much as they do. I think Im on the other end of the spectrum, since 1 roll will last me months, so maybe Im the weird one and everyone else is technically normal?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i am not permitted to " name names " - but teh calculator is flawed

max visits > toilet // day = 40

wipes // visit = 15 max

sheets // wipe = 10 [ max ]

that wont even start to address " certain peoples " consumption

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: choomsuba

What method do you use when use when utilizing the corn cob?
Is it a sort of A drag through the canyon, or more of a thump and twist?
Asking for a friend.

Lol I'd imagine it's a personal preference much like sitting or standing for the process. Though on reflection a drag through the canyon seems the most viable, thump and a twist sounds unhygienic

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Look at all you posh and rich ATS members with you hoity-toity toilet paper, I go in a bush in the garden and use stinging nettles to wipe! I haven't been able to sit down for years but I think I'm starting to become immune to the nettles. I'm so looking forward to siting on the couch!

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I think thump and twist might be the cleanest option.
Think of all those kernel holes (no pun intended) that would aid in the removal of debris.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

All that is in the advanced settings.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: rickymouse

All that is in the advanced settings.

Ahhhh. this time there was an advanced setting, it was not on my original trip to the site. I even reloaded it the first time but it would not complete loading, now it did.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I figured eight visits a day for both of us, and it was practical

What the hell are you eating?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just use a towel, you can use it multiple times before washing, it have 4 corners and a middle.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: rickymouse
I figured eight visits a day for both of us, and it was practical

I didn't have the advanced option available, so I figured two people times four times a day. Women seem to go about five times a day where they need toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is exactly why women can't be trusted with toilet paper.
When she finally runs through the 8-pack I gave her for our anniversary... I'm putting my wife on a ration.
edit on 25-3-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join