It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK on Lockdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Common sense people things are open just relax and avoid people!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
About time, should have been done in jan and we wouldn't be about to witness hundreds of thousands of death, NUKE CHICOMS IMO

This is a preemptive attack on the West

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just got a text to say the office is closed tomorrow.

Try not to crash any cars, folks, it could get gnarly.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All ‘non-essential’ shops closed from tonight – here’s the list of what can open

Brits will only be able to go to supermarkets, pharmacists, pet shops, hardware stores and newsagents in an unprecedented high street shutdown. Banks and post offices will also stay open so the vital services they run can continue to be delivered.

*Brits must stay at home unless they need to get essentials, go to work, exercise or seek medical help
*Gatherings of more than two people at once are banned, including weddings and baptisms
*You can leave your home to exercise but just once a day
*Communal play and exercise areas inside parks will also be shut down, but not parks themselves
*Places of worship such as churches and mosques must also shut, except to host for funerals
*Online orders and deliveries will continue for closed retailers
*And travel on roads, trains and buses was also banned, unless it’s essential to get to work.
*Anyone breaking the rules will be fined at least £30 - and up to £1,000 if they fail to self-isolate.

And --
Train services across Britain to be stripped back from Monday

The speed with which services will be cut will be left to individual train operators, but they have pledged to maintain a sufficient timetable for key workers to travel to work and for the public to access medical appointments, as well as ensuring the flow of goods by rail.

While franchised train operators have minimum service obligations and could have faced contractual penalties without government dispensation, so-called “open access” operators such as Hull Trains have already cut back services to just one a day, while Eurostar is running just three returns daily on its main route from London to Paris.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They better not cordon off the booze...

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Boris is not in charge.... he is following orders.

So who is giving Boris and the UK government orders? Think it through.

To topic. This is no surprise. It's a complicated time. I work in the NHS and this is what many people work for - to make a difference.
I see some real positivity to face this challenge, irrespective of the ignorance and selfishness displayed a proportion of our population, who will doubtlessly end up struggling for breath and complaining why they are not first in the queue.

Strapped to a ventilator and wondering what to do with the 56 bags of pasta and the mountain of loo rolls in their hall has a ring of justice about it, eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis
Jesus.
Hope you have nothing more dangerous than a spoon at your disposal.

Take a breath and save the world by sitting at home on your arse.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Now is a good time to get into the alcohol delivery business.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

All been scripted how?

That would mean all the health professionals are in on the plan. Do you have elderly relatives?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win

I concur, where do you live?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tim2win

Totally

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
People haven't been listening to advice, so the country is now effectively shut.

The British entitlement will be their undoing. They will now begin to wonder how to cook instead or reheat and order a takeaway but the excuses will be the biggest thing we will read about perhaps.

In France, we have been on lockdown for a couple of weeks already and no real problems yet if we are sensible.

Also, confining families together will remind them of that old fashion thing called ... family values. I see the divorce rate and birth rate both rising. Blame, blame, blame and little accountability or responsibility.

Also, also...toilet paper is for pussies. Drip dry, wink of the eye.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here in the US we're all just cleaning and oiling our guns. Going to take a package of targets out tomorrow and put about 3-4 rounds in it and staple the 30 of them to various trees so people get the point.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

And home brewing, like home growing.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Here in the US we're all just cleaning and oiling our guns. Going to take a package of targets out tomorrow and put about 3-4 rounds in it and staple the 30 of them to various trees so people get the point.

Nice idea. Perhaps I'll do the same on my gate.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Unfortunatley in Spain.

Not a good time to get booze distribution off the ground.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Home growing is an option, laws are pretty lax over here.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Unfortunatley in Spain.

Not a good time to get booze distribution off the ground.

Damn, thought we could get a business up and running.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
mikell:

Hang on. You're going to shoot every single virus cell? Splendid. Get one for me.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I'd be more worried if I was a tree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join