It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine May Be a Covid-19 Killer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Apparently, there is are a number of indications that the medical community may have already found an effective treatment...and prevention agent...for the Covid-19 disease that is shutting down entire nations right now.

A response has come from China to the respiratory disease caused by the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) that emerged in December 2019 in this country. Indeed, following the very recent publication of results showing the in vitro activity of chloroquine against SARS-CoV-2, data have been reported on the efficacy of this drug in patients with SARS-CoV-2-related pneumonia (named COVID-19) at different levels of severity.

Thus, following the in vitro results, 20 clinical studies were launched in several Chinese hospitals. The first results obtained from more than 100 patients showed the superiority of chloroquine compared with treatment of the control group in terms of reduction of exacerbation of pneumonia, duration of symptoms and delay of viral clearance, all in the absence of severe side effects

Regarding viruses, for reasons probably partly identical involving alkalinisation by chloroquine of the phagolysosome, several studies have shown the effectiveness of this molecule, including against coronaviruses among which is the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)-associated coronavirus. We previously emphasised interest in chloroquine for the treatment of viral infections in this journal, predicting its use in viral infections lacking drugs.

Science Direct

The central clinical TF will recommend antiretroviral agents Kaletra, antimalarial agents Chloroquine, and Hydroxychloroquine as the primary antiviral drugs for COVID-19.

DailyPharmKorea

It seems that we are now studying the use of these drugs to attack the virus in infected patients, but also as a drug that can be taken to fend off infection in the first place...

Chloroquine Prevention of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) in the Healthcare Setting (COPCOV)

The study is a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial that will be conducted in health care settings. After obtaining fully informed consent, the investigator will recruit healthcare workers, or other individuals at significant risk who can be followed reliably for 5 months. 10,000 participants will be recruited and the investigator predict an average of 200 participants per site in 50 sites.

ClincalTrials.gov

I am sure that there are many others here at ATS who can speak more learnedly about all of this...but perhaps, in amongst the dozens of doom and gloom threads on this subject (and everywhere in the Media), there may be some real cause for optimism in the offing.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

This seems promising.

Also, cut to Karens on social media sharing memes about HydroxyCut curing Covid19.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey Mobius: I have seen the same about chlonoaquine and zinc treatement, and other info about antiviral treatment.
I think this is VERY IMPORTANT INFO on ats or anywhere, really. I am currently missing lost of info, as most of us are, about what is happening in hospitals, vis a vis treatments for the sick, as we just get overwhelming reports of folks presenting in hospitals, and then suddenly ICUs being overwhelmed, and not enough ventilators for the sick.

Very concerning. So is the lack of etiological information about the disease process linked to covid19 severe onset of disease. And recovery numbers.

But I have def read of good results with these current treatments, and it seems swiftly to becoming about sharing information that may help.....which is in short supply.
regards and stay safe,
tetra50

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I mention that and the US presidents and all him must be on it. check my post , I dont post BS.

link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

These drugs have been around since WWII, are known to have limited side effects, and are cheap...something like $.05 per tablet.

It would be sweat if it turns out we can knock this thing out with a well-tested and readily available treatment - and not have to wait 18 months for the release of a vaccine.

link   

Holy crap look at those side effects!

Side effects include neuromuscular, hearing, gastrointestinal, brain, skin, eye, cardiovascular (rare), and blood reactions.[13]

Seizures[13]

Deafness or tinnitus.[13]

Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and anorexia.[13]

Mild and transient headache.[13]

Skin itchiness, skin color changes, hair loss, and skin rashes.[13]

Chloroquine-induced itching is very common among black Africans (70%), but much less common in other races. It increases with age, and is so severe as to stop compliance with drug therapy. It is increased during malaria fever; its severity is correlated to the malaria parasite load in blood. Some evidence indicates it has a genetic basis and is related to chloroquine action with opiate receptors centrally or peripherally.[14]

Unpleasant metallic taste

This could be avoided by "taste-masked and controlled release" formulations such as multiple emulsions.[15]

Chloroquine retinopathy

May be irreversible.[13] This occurs with long-term use over many years or with high doses. Patients on long-term chloroquine therapy should be screened at baseline and then annually after five years of use.[16] Patients should be screened for vision changes such as blurring of vision, difficulty focusing, or seeing half an object.[13]

Hypotension and electrocardiographic changes[13][17]

This manifests itself as either conduction disturbances (bundle-branch block, atrioventricular block) or cardiomyopathy – often with hypertrophy, restrictive physiology, and congestive heart failure. The changes may be irreversible. Only two cases have been reported requiring heart transplantation, suggesting this particular risk is very low. Electron microscopy of cardiac biopsies show pathognomonic cytoplasmic inclusion bodies.

Chloroquine

I'm just sticking with honey. I like being healthy.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Good news. I hope this is true. I want my normal back. 🤞

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yeah, I'm on a real honey kick myself right now...I'm with you on that.

Your list of side effects looks like the end of every drug commercial on TV...they list every possible negative outcome, no matter how remote a possibility, as a way to try to avoid legal liability when people use the product.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

There are multiple cases of ppl needing a heart transplant. People going blind, etc.

If 1% death rate Corona is so horrible and bad than why is this other additional series of dangers better? Seems like I'd just be harming myself to risk seizures when I've never had one before.

I refuse.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

Yeah, I'm on a real honey kick myself right now...I'm with you on that.

Your list of side effects looks like the end of every drug commercial on TV...they list every possible negative outcome, no matter how remote a possibility, as a way to try to avoid legal liability when people use the product.

Well it could really happen. You could go into convulsions or whatever. It has happened to others.

We as consumers need to weigh the risks and say no more often.
edit on 3/16/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

That makes no sense. We had 1000 items at the store that kill Corona and you refused to believe decades of research?

Then you clapped when they touted out some pharma Corp poison?

This whole thing is so fake lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I'll clarify.
I apologise.

The way to beat any disease is by having a good immune system.

To achieve that you need water, diverse fruits veggies nuts fish and all the herbs spices and even honey.

Exercise helps and so does a strong mindset towards positivity.

By accepting this product you are essentially denying all nutritional and immunological science that teaches what I explained above.

That's why the propaganda is fake. It omits the reality.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Meh then you rain on my parade, I don’t like the side effects.. 🤮🤮

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Mind over matter for sure.. I hear ya. 🍻

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I actually went to my local CVS and Walgreens a couple days ago to see if I could find any of this chloroquine stuff. I had read about that a last week but the article I read mentioned a mix of chloroquine and zinc. In any event, both stores said they didnt carry chloroquine and advised I ask certain clinics in the Orlando FL where we live. Apparently it's not exactly widely available in the states. I don't really know for sure myself as I've never tried to find the stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Bicent

That makes no sense. We had 1000 items at the store that kill Corona and you refused to believe decades of research?

Then you clapped when they touted out some pharma Corp poison?

This whole thing is so fake lol.

No, there are not a thousand items at the store that kills Corona. Maybe if you count all the eggs seperately and maybe all of the milk cartons, whole organic milk, and dont forget the pounds of butter, you might get a thousand. They do not directly kill the virus though, they just help our immune system attack it better. Maybe seventy five different products we consume would help us fight this off leading to a mild case, but we still get it and by getting it we get some immunity built. The trouble with this particular virus is it can do a lot of damage if the body does not detect it quickly and respond. There are some chemicals in foods that block that response, and some foods we have incorporated into our diets over the decades induce or suppress enzymes which also can cause our body not to respond properly.

If your immune system does not identify the virus or microbe quickly and respond, it can go overboard if you have a strong immune system and those chemicals can cause a lot of damage to our bodies and we can die. Young people die from diseases lots of times.

posted on Mar, 16 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I predict the pharmacy shelves being emptied of Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine by tomorrow morning effective or otherwise.

XL5

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There is quinine in tonic water but no chloroquine. As far as I know tonic water is safe (bitter though). So if you are hacking up a lung, maybe try a cup since it can't hurt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join