It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We went shopping in town first. Shelves were cleaned off yesterday, so 'town' was pretty empty. Eerie even. No slugs (or buckshot) at the sporting goods store. There were some folks buying fishing rods. People hoarding common caliber pistol ammo.

Stopped by RK. It's a bit out of the way and we don't usually shop there. Parking lot was crammed. Pick-up truck day!! Someone pulled out of a space right in front of me, or we might have just headed back on home.

Got inside and waded through shoppers back to the firearms section. Had to be about 30 people standing in line to buy a gun. There were slugs on the shelf and I got myself two boxes of what I normally shoot. Guy walked up behind me and swept all the rest of them off into his basket. What an ass!!

You should'a seen the rest of the store. Bedlam!! Husbands, wives, kids ... each with a full shopping cart ... meandering through the aisles. Got lucky on a check-out counter that was opening up and got out of there in record time. Gonna bunker down with the family for the next week or so. It's gettin' crazy out there. Be safe!!

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

The media driven fear reaction is insane.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

We went shopping in town first. Shelves were cleaned off yesterday, so 'town' was pretty empty. Eerie even. No slugs (or buckshot) at the sporting goods store. There were some folks buying fishing rods. People hoarding common caliber pistol ammo.

I guess nothing props up an economy like everyone running out and blowing all the money they have on regular everyday things.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I see people wearing a god damn mask and I just imagine
walking up to em, pinching it between my index and thumb.
pull it back about a foot from their face and......snap! lol

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The saddest thing is that I personally have enough food and water for several months but the internet has convinced one of my children that the food I have been stocking up is GMO infested and says that he'd rather starve.

Can't wait to see his will finally put to action if it comes to that. Will be pretty funny to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Two shortages TP and Ammo it truly is the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Be nice if when people report these things they give specifics(or generalities) about their area.

Rural, suburbs, etc. Otherwise it's hard to judge this.

I was in town the other day, nothing out of the ordinary.

Ruralish area, town of around 8K about 30 miles from major metro area in the midwest.

I'm sure if I went to the big box stores(sams, costco) a few miles outside of the city it would look like a nuclear bomb went off. Huge degree of perspective at play with this panic. I think people in less dense areas are also likely more skeptical or dismissive of the "news" and the general rat race of the cities.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You know why right? 90%+ of the public has less than 2 weeks of food at home.

So, the general public has caught on to the buy it now or you will have to come back to the store when more and more people are sick.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Went shopping early, rural area, TP, Rice and Tuna shelves were empty, everything else seemed fine.

Did manage to score a re-fi at under 2.9% before the rates started going up again, get to miss April payment. I'm good for a 2 week vaca...oops I mean self quarantine.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Any of the people who have played PUBG knows that you can have all the best stuff, but all it takes is one unfortunate incident and all that good loot is now up for grabs.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I guess nothing props up an economy like everyone running out and blowing all the money they have on regular everyday things.

You're right about that. The economy is probably at beyond peak.

The TP probably isn't going to hurt anyone in terms of prep as there's always a continuing need. The gallons of hand sanitizer though ...

Was sobering to look at a mad dash for the gun display. Am all for people owning firearms ... but, you need to know what you're doing. And, these people are panic buying. They haven't got the first clue. I actually heard one of them asking, "Which one holds the most bullets?"

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The media driven fear reaction is insane.

Yes, it's f$cking ridiculous. I went to pick up a few things to make dinner and half the stuff in the whole store was gone. No one in my area is reported to have the virus... 46 reported cases in IL on march 9th i read.

So less than 100 people in the whole state warrents everybody to go full prep-tard?

All these preppers are just screwing everyone who is trying to make a decent meal.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
Went shopping early, rural area, TP, Rice and Tuna shelves were empty, everything else seemed fine.

Did manage to score a re-fi at under 2.9% before the rates started going up again, get to miss April payment. I'm good for a 2 week vaca...oops I mean self quarantine.

It's ridiculous... i can't imagine if a truely catastrophic event happened.. How easily people are controlled by fear...

top topics

join