It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N95 masks are a scam !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I went out and paid $47.00 for a mask and filters , thinking it may come in handy for this corona -virus. Turns out, I should have looked into masks in general before buying anything at all. The corona-virus is approximately 125nanometers in diameter , which equals .125 microns. These N95 masks only filter down to.3 microns or 300 nanometers....it's like trying to block a basketball with a door opening...if you're looking for a source, look it up please like I did, being only a 73 year old computer novice.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

The virus needs a ride to get in the air most do

So the door may not stop the basketball but the car the basketball is in didn't make it so nether did the ball

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

So, could you explain your analogy using the car ?? thanks

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
a reply to: markovian

So, could you explain your analogy using the car ?? thanks

The virus like a ball cant travel large distances on it's own so instead it needs a ride the car and since it's a ball it cant climb out of the car on it's own

I was being kinda a smart ass sorry

In order for most not all viruses to travel bye air they hitch a ride on dust and water droplets that are far larger than the .3 microns this is why masks can work

But there are variables and due to this limit a over used mask could still expose you yes

but that risk is far smaller than the chance the person whereing the mask is doing it improperly in the first place

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM.

So, did some more reading and found that Chinese officials claim back on 2-10-20, the corona virus is in fact air-borne. Wouldn't that fact change the possibility that these N95 masks are ineffective ? I still question the efficacy of any of these masks that aren't one time use....due to contamination of taking them on and off ....and or changing the filters ......markovian pointed some of this out.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Harbor Freight has Gerson N95 half face respirators for 19.00 US Dollars.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Viruses have a small charge to them so they will possibly stick to the mask as they are going through. That is my guess there is no evidence I know that states this. But I do know a little about how viruses stick to things. Now if you are running, maybe the viruses will be sucked right through. I am also guessing at that. Most dust particles also stick to the mask because of that charge that they have on them.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
he virus like a ball cant travel large distances on it's own so instead it needs a ride the car and since it's a ball it cant climb out of the car on it's own

I was being kinda a smart ass sorry
In order for most not all viruses to travel bye air they hitch a ride on dust and water droplets that are far larger than the .3 microns this is why masks can work

I'm not so sure that analogy is the current thinking.
'It was previously thought that the flu spreads mainly through large particles, or droplets, in the air that travel short distances, from 3 to 6 feet. But the new study showed most flu viruses are found in very small particles in the air, Bischoff said. Smaller particles can travel farther than larger ones....'
www.livescience.com...

I also have a caveat for that,
should one have a habit of spitting, the larger particles are the most immediate observable, but since spitting is an explosive/expulsive act, any spitting has a massive expulsion of much smaller particles in the aftermath that, while not invisible are not observed any more than the larger particles, but rather not observed at all, and they are myriad.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

LOL.

N95 is for particulates like dust and smoke, not pathogens.

How is it a scam that you failed to do ANY research?

Man, camoflage clothes are a scam. Didn't even make me invisible.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

this more likely what you are buying
edit on 0300000057352020-03-01T01:35:57-06:00355703am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

its good for pollen and spray painting and colds

corona virus , well is the person next to you is coughing up a storm, you can kiss your a... a goodbye using this mask
edit on 0300000052372020-03-01T01:37:52-06:00375203am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0300000010382020-03-01T01:38:10-06:00381003am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The virus is carried in droplets. By blocking the droplet it is carried in you block the virus.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

LOL.

N95 is what hospitals use, it 100% is for pathogens. We have yearly fittings for N95 masks.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Flu precautions aren't even N95, just standard mask.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Did they though, or is it a translation error. Droplet precaution is for droplets suspended in the air. Airborne means it does not need droplets and can be carried on dust which is smaller.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I don’t know how people think they are going to avoid this virus? It’s not going away and if it doesn’t get you this year there is always next year. This should be a wake up call for the real epidemic that’s probably just around the corner. With the world population the way it is can we really escape such a thing?

On a side note I’m curious how banks are going to handle an influx of mask wearing customers? Will they be prompted to remove them before entering the building?

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

LOL.

N95 is what hospitals use, it 100% is for pathogens. We have yearly fittings for N95 masks.

Yes. N95 mask fittings are a standard operating procedure in healthcare settings. They aren't sending you in to any situation with anything stronger than influenza with an N95 mask or even an N95 respirator. N95 stops large particles really well, but aerosolized stuff still passes through and that is the main concern. Disposable gloves are arguably a better investment than any mask. Even a fit-tested N95 mask isn't working at full 95% filtration because they leak and they are not blocking the main particles of concern.

N95 is like the flip-flop of pathogen protection. You won't cut your heel on a rock, but it's not keeping the sand out from between your toes.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

N95 is overkill for influenza and would not be used as the flu is not airborne it is droplet. It would be used for airborne precautions such as TB and varicella.

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Ksihkehe

N95 is overkill for influenza and would not be used as the flu is not airborne it is droplet. It would be used for airborne precautions such as TB and varicella.

Forgot about TB, good call.

new topics

top topics

join