It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's my Baculum? Evolutionists or Creationists tell me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The Baculum is a penile bone found in most mammals, including our supposed closest ape relatives.

Why don't we have it?

The official explanation, but do you buy that?

The loss of the bone in humans, when it is present in our nearest related species the chimpanzee, is thought to be because humans "evolved a mating system in which the male tended to accompany a particular female all the time to try to ensure paternity of her children"[13] which allows for frequent matings of short duration. Observation suggests that primates with a baculum only infrequently encounter females, but engage in longer periods of copulation that the baculum makes possible, thereby maximizing their chances of fathering the female's offspring. Human females exhibit concealed ovulation also known as hidden estrus, meaning it is almost impossible to tell when the female is fertile, so frequent matings would be necessary to ensure paternity.[1

en.wikipedia.org...

In all honesty that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard to account for an entire bone in the human body going missing!

In fact for centuries it was believed in Christianity, for example that Eve came from Adam's now missing baculum.
That sounds more plausible than the "science".
edit on 28-2-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The Theory of Evolution is still around simply because it's taught in school.

Minor mutations ... best they've got. And, yet, it is taught as a subject more strictly than religious texts are taught at Sunday School.

It should be legal to slap the living s**t out of anyone expressing belief in Evolution for 2 generations. After that ... there would never be any discussion of the subject.

Because ... even after 150 years ... no one has 'proof'. 150+ years later ... no sign of evolution in _any_ species.

Dumbasses. If it were true the evidence would be EVERYWHERE.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Maybe women didn't like their eyes pocked out on the first date.

It was their choice?

OK guys, it happens to all of us.
Just don't push it down, or you must go to school or work with your bone in plaster of Paris.

Not missing it, and jokes aside, but where did it actually go?

I wanna know,
Where did my bone go?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Your lady friend complaining you're not bony enough?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

No she's just a bit surprised.

"I thought there was a bone in there"!

Not to be blonde, but are you sure it's not just shy?

Nope, sorry sweetie, I know what's there and there's no bone.

edit on 28-2-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Come up with a better explanation to how humans lost that bone
IMO, creationism has no input here or anywhere in science.

This is a science thread right ?
edit on 28-2-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Wondering though if it might hurt.

Come Wednesday, we've had leg, chest and shoulder day.

Today we work out the baculum.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well when last did we have it?

It appears Neanderthal man and Homo Erectus still had had it.

And then, poof.

It's gone.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The only way I could explain that is that some alien race came down and altered our hominid bodies into humans.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Are you sure it's not there?

No - it's not there.

No "my baculum is slightly smaller than your baculum?"

Nope.
Maybe like sabre-tooth tigers once had big teeth, and now they have "adequate" ones?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Interesting they cant, or won't say.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   
For example tell the bushmen (hunter-gatherers).

They know every part of an animal.

They know every animal close to us on earth has that bone.
But we don't have it.

They have various myths and legends about it too.

To conclude for me though, it is actually inexplicable.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The official explanation makes perfect sense, because that's exactly what males do, very frequent arousal with very short performance time. You don't need a baculum if you're falling asleep 5 seconds after you ejaculated 10 seconds after penetration.
And having it soft in between also reduces the risk of injury.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

The evidence is everywhere. In the case of evolution there's abounding evidence that it is true. Anyone who has ever studied evolution, including myself, will find it very difficult to conclude it is not science fact. The evidence is just too compelling with regards to the way different species specialize and cross-breed.

Regardless, any time a theist brings up the topic of evolution I can't help but think he or she is pretending to believe in God. Some people's faith in God is just so weak they are easily offended by anyone claiming a different dogma over their own.

Let's settle this once and for all. If you are theist, just stop caring about evolution. Evolution simply does not matter. You need to strengthen your faith and burn the following deep into your heart. Our omnipotent God is all-powerful. Omnipotent means without limitations. Our omnipotent God is not bounded by the laws of physics or the laws of logic. Our omnipotent God can create the Universe in ANY amount of time. Not only can our omnipotent God create the Universe in any amount of time He can also include all the fake fossil and carbon dating evidence. Stop assuming our God is a lesser God bounded by physical evidence. There is no evidence evolutionist are going to present that will change the fact our omnipotent God has no limitations to what He is capable of doing. So stop insulting God with your claims about evolution being "ridiculous". God is certainly powerful enough to create the Universe with evidence of evolution. Stop insulting God!

Now why would God create a Universe with fake evidence of evolution. It's very simple. God's proving ground for faith is perfect in its construction.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Why do you care whether evolution if true or not? See my previous post.

Here is a great example of evolution:

15 Weird Animal Crossbreeds That Actually Exist

The Wolphin and the Liger are my favorites.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
In fact for centuries it was believed in Christianity, for example that Eve came from Adam's now missing baculum.
That sounds more plausible than the "science".

This makes more sense than your delusional fantasies:

"But what about humans? If the penis bone is so important in competing for a mate and prolonging copulation, then why don’t we have one? Well, the short answer to that is that humans don’t quite make it into the “prolonged intromission” category. The average duration from penetration to ejaculation for human males is less than two minutes.

But bonobos only copulate for about 15 seconds at a time and they still have a baculum, even if it is very small (about 8mm). So what makes us different? It’s possible that this comes down to our mating strategies. Human males (generally) have minimal sexual competition as females typically only mate with one male at a time. Perhaps the adoption of this mating pattern, in addition to our short intromission duration, was the last straw for the baculum.

Scientists are only just beginning to piece together the function of this most unusual bone. What seems to be clear is that changes in the primate baculum are driven, at least partly, by a species’ mating strategy. The picture that seems to be emerging is that, under high levels of sexual competition, bigger is better when it comes to the penis bone."

Why Humans Have No Penis Bone

I bet you are less than two minutes which is why evolution irks you so much.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
The only way I could explain that is that some alien race came down and altered our hominid bodies into humans.

That's how the Sumerians explained it too.

The Annunaki(Folks from space) took one of the hominids already here, mixed in their own DNA and spawned the human race. Then they figured out how badly they screwed up, jumped in their space ships, and left us here to fend for ourselves.

Next thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Minor mutations ... best they've got.

I just love how you think you are smarter than people with much higher IQs who have studied this topic their whole life.

I found this article on minor and major mutations are happening and the time span it takes:

"So, it takes a lot of work to even discover these genes, let alone divine their function. For example, in 2010, Eichler’s team identified 23 human-specific duplicated genes that aren’t found in other apes. One of these, SRGAP2, has been duplicated three times, producing copies that aren’t found in the reference human genome.

The second of these, SRGAP2C, is especially interesting. It emerged around 2.4 million years ago, at the time in our evolution when the human brain was becoming distinctively bigger. And Franck Polleux from the Scripps Research Institute showed that SRGAP2C controls the growth and movement of neurons, leading to a thicker set of connections between these cells."

Lot's of duplicated genes with lots of changes over time:

"What’s clearer is that these genes are organized in a very unusual way. For example, in other mammals like elephants, rats, and platypuses, the copies tend to sit next to the originals in a tandem series. But in humans, chimps, and gorillas, they disperse across the genome.

They also have a unique architecture. Imagine a gene, G1, which gets copied into a different part of the genome, producing G2. Now, another duplication event copies G2, creating yet another copy of G1 along with some of the new DNA surrounding it. This happens again and again; with each new duplication event, the core genes picks up more flanking material. “It builds an inverse Oreo cookie,” he says, while holding his hands out and pulling them further and further apart."

In a million years we may have telepathy!

Searching for the Genes That Are Unique to Humans

This is how I know evolution is science fact. I see features of myself and my wife in my children's faces.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Humankind wasn't created with a baculum because the Creator decided that we didn't need it.

There.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I just love how you think you are smarter than people with much higher IQs who have studied this topic their whole life.

This is mostly the mantra here in science and tech... i mean, almost every other day/week i am told how the whole of particle physics is bullpap....from people who don't understand basic mechanics, let alone advanced physics. Despite you know, being a Particle Physicist by profession for more than 15 years now.

But yeah you know, please tell me how there is no evidence for Dark Matter...

its the same for evolution vs creation. You have to be absolutely blind, ignorant or stuck in a dogma not to see the evidence for evolution... yet... here we are... another thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join