It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So posts in the introduction thread count? Hi all from Ireland!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Yep

We have a good few members from Ireland! And i have been there a good few times myself, Have many family there!

Good to have you on ATS with us and be sure to ask as many questions as you need to help you get around here,

Asala

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hi im new to the site ive been browsing for a few weeks and decided to join today look i know Genesis is spelt wrong lol what can i say just lazy when i joined up and now i cant change it oh well anyway love the site and look forward to posting
BTW im from OZ

[edit on 17-11-2009 by KeeperOfGenisis]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

The only way to fix that is to create another account.

Although, you could just keep the reference as an alternative spelling and come up with unique ways to explain it...

Welcome to ATS and have fun on the boards...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
lol cheers mate i cant be bothered going through the account set up again so it'll do

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

makes you unique anyhows lol
Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Hey guys, I've got a question, it may be damn simple but anyway...

How many characters can go in a thread's title? Often you see a title with a few letters missing, or you paste a title from a news item and it's too long.

If anyone could help me with that, I'd be much obliged!

All the best, Kiwifoot

[edit on 18-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Hmm im not sure? but we do tend to edit them down if they get to long as is makes the pages to wide,

This thread as an example of just about the right amount on length, Any more and it would be a little too long,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks for that, I only ask because I have a thread that I was going to ask to be renamed, i just wanted to know how many characters I have to work with!

I think it's an important thread but the name is putting folk off!

Kiwifoot!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
hi, please don't slap me for being lazy (all these questions are probably answered somewhere). thee embarrasing questions are below:
1. I made a post then thought it was a bit rubish, wanted to delete it and did not find "delete", "edit" does not delete the post altogether, only allows to change the content.
2. I registered before, under another name, then forgot the password, I also used a newly created email for which I forgot login and password
what do I do?
3. any chance of a spellchecker button? I am not very good with human languages.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

1, There is no delete button but and edit button that is present for 2 hours, After that not alot you can do, You could let me know ir another staff member and we can always fix a post for you if need be,

2, Message me about that, via u2u www.abovetopsecret.com... let me know your past member name ect,

sorry no spell check, but if your using google they do have a spell check add on that works on all pages,

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
thanks asala, u2u is sent. I owe you a pink cookie

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Is there a way to bypass the 20 post mark? Its horrible (though i understand the reasoning behind it).

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Young_Sovereign

Sorry nope
BUt it looks like you have now hit your 20 posts so you should be ok now

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
hey all, a quick question for you all

can you send messages to other users, if so how.

many thanks
Joe

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backtobasics

Yes. They are called u2u's. Under the "member tools" button on the toolbar.

But you need 20 posts before you can u2u other posters. Before that you can only u2u moderators.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
ok, thank you so much.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
TextHello everyone. I have been a lurker for quite some time. I love this site, it is wonderful. I would like to get involved so, here I am. I love the avatars some of you have. They are GREAT! I have always been interested in all of the topics discussed here, so hopefully I can contribute and learn alot by joining the ranks of ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One tad piece of advice is ? Could someone inform me how to put an avatar up.Ty in return.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownAgenda26

Hey there, heres a thread to answer all your Avatar questions,

If your still lost then come back to me and we can sort it out another way,

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join