It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin rests her arm on the American flag! I'm calling for a formal apology.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Source:

www.runnersworld.com...

Not only has she taken part in using the flag as a cheap photo prop but she is even resting her arm on it. This is a complete outrage to all the brave men and women who serve our country. I demand she issue a formal apology to the American people immediately. This is a disgusting outrage.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
No, no, no...you've got it all wrong!

Have you learned nothing from Fox News?

You are supposed to word it this way:

I don't know why Sarah Palin has such disrespect for our National Flag that our brave service men and women have fought and died for, but can we let this outrage continue? I don't know why Sarah Palin hates America, perhaps she wasn't even born in America to American parents, but we simply cannot allow her to continue her Anti-American campaign against traditional American ideals! If this kind of behavior is okay from an American politician hopeful then this is not the America that I know.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
LOL, that is pretty bad. Really I assumed you were making a big deal out of nothing until I saw the picture. That is very disrespectful.

Most americans wouldn't even let it stay there unfolded, much less pose with it all wrinkled and thrown in a bunch up on a table.

Edit: Maybe she will say it was just a banner and not a proper flag, that might work... whatever to keep up her act and keep the followers happy.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Novise]

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Goddamnit, (some of) you Americans can get so uptight over the silliest of things sometimes.

Please dismiss this comment if the thread was just a lighthearted one, but if this is serious, then this is just concerning. The world's going to hell in a handbasket and you can only feel outraged by a dimwit politician resting their arm on American flag.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Whine Flu]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What do you expect from someone that wants to seceed from the USA?
She's talked about how close she is to Russia, I suspect she's closer than she let's on! IF, you know what I mean!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

She's talked about how close she is to Russia, I suspect she's closer than she let's on! IF, you know what I mean!

Heh heh...

...Like, 'cause she's from Alaska and all, right?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Give me a break, if it was anyone else i doubt you would be whining like that. With all the things that people do to disrespect the flag, OMG her arm as made contact with the flag! Do you even realize how stupid that even sounds? I demand that you apologize for trying to infringe on freedom of speech.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i really hope this is lighthearted. or an attempt to get a rise out of people, if not. you are a moron.

i recently was re-decorating my apartment, had my american flag on a chair for a day and a half as i was in and out, doing what i could when i had time.

does that make me anti american?

and i'd like to add: if we can burn the flag in protest, then this should be fine. just. please. stop.

[edit on 11/17/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Who cares if she is resting her arm on it? You're behaving as if this flag is your idol/god or something that should be held in the highest regards. That flag means oppression, rape, murder, theft and disease to many peoples and cultures on the planet.

Wake up, get a grip, and stop idolozing colors and pieces of cloth...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Overreaction to say the least. To touch an American flag is not disrespectful in my book. My American flag is on the flag pole ripped to shreds yet I let it fly. Gets a lickin and keeps on tickin. I believe that the symbolism in the flag is a very secure symbolism and should not be a weak or jealous flag.
Respect of the American flag is relative I believe.

One mans respect is anothers disgust.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Suggestion to posters!
Pull out your Dictionary, look up-satire
Lighten up folks!
Oh well, I guess it's one of those "you get it or you don't" things!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I agree she should apologize and it is disrespectful. I said in another thread that Obama should apologize to America for bending over for the Japanese Emperor and I also think Sara should apologize for treating the American flag with disrespect.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

That was exactly what I was thinking UNTIL I saw the picture. You don't let the flag touch the ground, you don't set it anywhere unless it is folded, You ceremoniously raise it and lower it, simple or elaborate, but you do ceremony.

You don't throw it in a clump on a table and smile for the camera.

It might seem silly but at the end of the day, yes, she owes Americans especially soldiers an apology.

I imagine you are the type who thinks it silly when people put their hand over their heart during the national anthem.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

i recognize the satire if it is the intent...

and if it was...it goes with providing a fake, but highly likely prediction like the sun rising.

it's to get a rise out of people and has no place here...

it waste time. and space.

and in my eye is a cheap attempt for attention/stars/attention/flags/attention/replies/attention/attention.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
For all of those who think that is disrespectfull, give me your address, ill take a dump on the flag, gift wrap it and mail it to you. Then you can have something worth while to cry about.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Genius, and on so may levels too!

And just when I thought it couldn't get any better... along comes fraterormus!

*This message brought to you by HotOrNot; home of the 2012 Presidential elections! Diebold beware!

[edit on 11/17/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
If anyone is really getting upset about this photo, I want to know if you watch the Olympics or other such sporting events, particularly those that are Track and Field related. Do you have a heart attack when an American will win an event and then wrap their nasty, sweat body in the flag? Is that not disrespectful also? Where is all the uproar about that?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

As for myself, I see nothing wrong with the photo. I do not believe it was intentional, it's just a photo shoot. Get over it!

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

LMAO!. If she does back seceeding from the union it is because she is a constitutionalist who believes the federal government should not be given as much power as it has.

The group she may belong to tht you are referring too is AKIP. This is what they have to say about their beliefs.

We are the only Alaskan political party that is entirely composed of Alaskans, staffed by Alaskans and financed by Alaskans. We are not affiliated with any political party on a National level. We believe and hold a firm footing in the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights and following the Constitution of the United States and Alaska. We are a States' Rights party, as is reflected in the AIP Platform. We stand on a firm Constitutional foundation. The continual growth of membership of the Alaskan Independence Party has created one of the largest third parties in the United States. Join us as we lead Alaska to the Prosperity, Freedom and Liberty that Alaskans expect, deserve and should enjoy. We look forward to your membership!

There is a commonly held belief across Alaska, that the US Constitution has been set aside, and other then ourselves, there are no protections to the liberty and freedoms we are to have as our continued inheritance since the formation of the Union of the "several States". Our main "goal" is a legal vote and ballot; one that was not given in 1958 and was in violation of International Law and Treaty. Alaskan were robbed of the choices we were to have as a non-self-governing territory, and steam-rolled into the current classification of a State. The Native population of Alaska, in a large percentage, did not even receive a ballot because of the Federal Voting Rights Act in place, at the time requiring the ability to read and write English, and for the first time in any Statehood vote of a Territory entering this "Union", the military and their of age dependents, through a special act of the US Congress, were allowed access to the Statehood ballot. Then, as today, corruption abounds. The US government is far and away outside the bounds placed on it by the 9th and 10th amendments and is operating illegally for all .

Source

But she definitely made a mistake to treat the flag like that.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is satire & pointing out the hypocrisy of the right.. In other words had Obama posed with the flag like this and rested his arm on it, it would be an unbridled hell storm of controversy running on fox news 24/7. But when the right's biggest fan does it.. no one says a peep.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join