It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Religion You Can't Talk About

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Is there anything in my comment that gave you the idea that God is in the business of disciplining himself?
Or are you applying a pantheistic view there, that God is (in) everything and/or everyone?

Yes and Yes.

whereislogic: Timothy 3:16,17, which you quoted from my comment, is talking about the Bible as a tool for teaching, reproving, correcting and disciplining humans. I quoted it to elaborate on what the "beneficial teaching" in 2 Timothy 4:3,4 is referring to.

Why would God want to discipline Itself; it created Itself to experience everything; negative or positive.

whereislogic: It's the beneficial teaching and truth from the Scriptures that 2 Timothy 4:3,4 is talking about (that in relation to the biblical teachings regarding what happens to a person after death that I shared on the previous page and how people tend to respond to such reproof when it comes to their beliefs and pagan-originated* philosophies regarding life after death, usually involving the notion that the soul is immaterial and immortal or that some immaterial or spirit part of man survives the death of the physical body).

One cannot *rationalize* another's Belief System because they are based upon an intangible 'faith' in something; not material evidence.

whereislogic: “The belief that the soul continues its existence after the dissolution of the body is a matter of philosophical or theological speculation rather than of simple faith, and is accordingly nowhere expressly taught in Holy Scripture.”—The Jewish Encyclopedia (1910), Vol. VI, p. 564.

There is no speculation at all. Souls are energy forms (of God) that grow in complexity with every new human life time experienced.

whereislogic: “The Christian concept of a spiritual soul".....used by Murgatroid do.

Gibberish.

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

a reply to: vethumanbeing
Is there anything in my comment that gave you the idea that God is in the business of disciplining himself?
Or are you applying a pantheistic view there, that God is (in) everything and/or everyone?

Yes and Yes.

whereislogic: Timothy 3:16,17, which you quoted from my comment, is talking about the Bible as a tool for teaching, reproving, correcting and disciplining humans. I quoted it to elaborate on what the "beneficial teaching" in 2 Timothy 4:3,4 is referring to.

Why would God want to discipline Itself; it created Itself to experience everything; negative or positive.

God does not want or need to discipline itself, pantheism is not taught in the Scriptures that Dr. Eby and the ones in that video endorsing his book claim to take their information from, concerning Jesus, heaven and life after death; the Scriptures you are responding to and basing your question on (if one wants to ignore that pantheism isn't taught in the Bible and still ask a question about something in the Bible from a pantheistic viewpoint, what's the point? Understanding the biblical text in light of the rest of Scripture doesn't seem to be it). The God described in the Scriptures did not create itself (to experience everything or for any other reason), the God described in the Bible is eternal, i.e. has always existed. Therefore He was never created.

One cannot *rationalize* another's Belief System because they are based upon an intangible 'faith' in something; not material evidence.

You can refute, reprove and correct self-professed Christians like Dr. Eby and the ones in that video with the actual teachings from the Bible (or anyone else endorsing his story as something worthwhile and spiritually enlightening, or some bible based spirituality or insight about life after death); cause they have convinced themselves that their ideas about life after death (and an immortal soul) come from the Bible. Their whole 'after death' storylines are centered around that idea that the Bible supports their beliefs concerning life after death and some immaterial or spirit* part of man surviving the death of the physical body, a Pagan teaching (I discussed its origin before), not a Bible teaching. *: or some energy (form) like you described it, which is similar (something intangible or invisible to the naked eye, see further below).

There is no speculation at all. Souls are energy forms (of God) that grow in complexity with every new human life time experienced.

Remember that I was commenting on Dr. Eby's claims and those endorsing his book, they profess to be Bible believing Christians. So your personal non-biblical (pagan) beliefs what souls are, are not that interesting to me in relation to this. The same counts for the quotation I used, a reminder for those who believe that this is taught in the Scriptures. Souls are not immaterial (or energy forms) according to the Bible.

In direct contrast with the Greek pagan teaching of the psy·kheʹ (soul) as being immaterial, intangible, invisible, and immortal (Plato playing a major role), the Scriptures show that both psy·kheʹ and neʹphesh (Hebrew for soul), as used with reference to earthly creatures, refer to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal.

I know you don't care much about what the Bible has to say about this subject, but you were responding to a comment of mine that was about the teachings and stories of those, like Dr. Eby, who do imply they care what the Bible teaches (when they profess to be Christians or when they are talking about Jesus in an attempt to appeal to the market that knows Jesus from the Bible, i.e. usually members of Christendom; that's the primary market for Dr. Eby and those endorsing his book or story), they just have their own ideas about what the Bible supposedly teaches concerning an immaterial immortal soul and life after death, which it doesn't. They follow their own traditions and traditional doctrines.

Mark 7:13

13 Thus you make the word of God invalid by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like this.”
edit on 8-3-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

i has figured out the "real truth " - and i would tell you all about it - but i find myself incapable of articulating the concepts equired to enlighten you

posted on Mar, 9 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

“However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. . . . and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words.” (2 Peter 2:1-3)

The fact that he's selling a book about it (which gets endorsed almost right at the start of the first video used by Murgatroid), is a dead give-away for me for this conclusion (the blood claim also doesn't help in trusting the story as it is told by Murgatroid now, don't know if Dr. Eby makes the same claim in his book, can't be bothered to check; but if that's the impression Murgatroid got from those videos, it already tells me something fishy is going on).

"something fishy" = exploitation in this context. Murgatroid and anyone else buying into Dr. Eby's story being the ones that are exploited with counterfeit words ...

The End of False Religion Is Near!

... A widely respected religious figure, Jesus Christ, indicated that false religion produces bad works, just as a “rotten tree produces worthless fruit.” (Matthew 7:15-17) What fruit does false religion yield?

False Religion . . .

▪ MEDDLES IN WAR AND POLITICS: ... How many religions can you think of whose members engage in war?

▪ SPREADS FALSE DOCTRINE: Most religions teach that the soul or spirit is some invisible part of a human that survives the death of the physical body. By means of this teaching, many of these religions exploit their members, charging money to pray for departed souls. However, the Bible teaches a different doctrine. “The soul that is sinning​—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Jesus taught that the dead will be resurrected​—an unnecessary action if humans had an immortal soul. (John 11:11-25) Does your religion teach that the soul does not die?

The bolded part demonstrates another way to exploit people by means of this teaching or the related so-presented 'life after death'-experiences* and visions of heaven and Jesus (as per Dr. Eby's storyline). *: a.k.a. afterlife-experiences (with the understanding that this term is usually not used to refer to the life after a resurrection)
edit on 9-3-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join