It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Syndrome Chinas businesses going broke, This will effect the global supply chain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
85% of Chinas small businesses looking at complete bankruptsy in 3 weeks

This would be equivalent to 1/3 of the US businesses going under.

This is 60% of china's GDP, and more than 50% of the tax revenue for the Chinese Gov

If this does happen, you can expect to start seeing shelves all across the world going empty, as it stands there are 100s of Tons of food in Chinese ports right now destined for the US and the UK that are now spoiling and rotting.

Set aside for a moment what this virus could do to hospitals and health, and think about what it could do to everyday abilities to get goods and services.

Hospitals being over run is one thing, but what happens when those same hospitals cant get the equipment and medical supplies they need to even operate.

These are the unseen consequences we need to start looking at.
edit on 25-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

honestly nothing different than when war, crop failures, embargo's, strikes, and other incidents happen abroad.

we go without for a while, it gets a little tough , then we find alternatives and go on with life.

something our grandfathers and great grandfathers did before us.

something our "want it now " generation(s) have forgotten to do.

lets take two areas of goods and food (as you brought up)

Food...

we grow PLENTY of our own food. Hell we have to provide subsidies to farmers NOT to grow some food to keep the prices up for them.

yes some food may become scare but then GASP we need to learn to be happy and use what is available .
maybe another source will be found for that XX item. maybe eventually china will get better. Or maybe we just learn to leave without whatever it is or (again as our past relatives did) some times of the year it just aint gonna be there.

suck it up you aint gonna starve... Other just as nutritious foods are gonna be available.

Goods

again with some exceptions we have either plenty of stock still here or you just (ex) gonna have to live with your current Iphone and not get another new one this year....GASP what a hardship ... SMH

Or as with the food (again with some exceptions) learn to use something else.

I know some talk of drugs have been bantered about...
that is serious but again either a substitute you must use, a local drug company will start / ramp up production, and/or we get it from somewhere else .

yes again will be hard but only for the short term people

to those screaming gloom and doom just pick up the book "homefront" from the time life series on WWII and see what our great grandfathers/mothers went though in WWII .

given what the shortages they went though and how they adapted and overcome we should be able to do half of what they did and get though this.

because i dont see how this is gonna be worse (except for the virus) than what they went though.

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

I think youre faililng to understand that even those "local" drug companies get their materials to MAKE those drugs come from China as well.

This has vastly more damaging consequences than anything weve seen since the early 1900s.

This is far more damaging than any "embargo" as that even during an Embargo, that country is STILL producing.

Theres a huge difference betwen blocking goods, and goods no longer being available ANYWHERE, because they arent being made anymore.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

again when they are not available from XX place what are you proposing?

just curl up in a corner and cry or bitch (not saying your doing either)?

or do what our grandparents did and try to find substitutes until you can get it from somewhere else or GASP make it yourself in america

no where did I say it was gonna be easy or there was not gonna be some hardships.

but if we can get though WWII with more not available than now we can do it again.

I do understand but let me ask you this

where is your anger for the drug companies (your main issue) that didnt plan for this happening (which something would eventually) instead of implying we must bow in some way to china?

btw exactly what and how much are we really prone to loose on drugs , medical supplies and equipment?

some exact figures instead of broad comments.

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
can people detail just what trade is " stopped " - the mv halcyon - is currently ounderay from shanghia to japan with a mixed container load [ departed 5 hours ago - by the timestamp on this post ]

so - international trade continutes

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
can people detail just what trade is " stopped " - the mv halcyon - is currently ounderay from shanghia to japan with a mixed container load [ departed 5 hours ago - by the timestamp on this post ]

so - international trade continutes

thank you for also asking the question and adding a fact (that effects you personally to boot) that shows the devil in the details.

i expect this to be blown out of per portion, cherry picked and spin to say trump bad.

yes I went there

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Oh for crying out loud, fears of a global pandemic and a potential for a major disruption of goods worldwide and you thought of trump....

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Oh for crying out loud, fears of a global pandemic and a potential for a major disruption of goods worldwide and you thought of trump....

what upset you didnt say it first so others could call you out on it?

sorry

scrounger

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

It's not nice to say, but we brought this on ourselves. By chasing business and industry out of the US it's forced us to be dependent on nations like china and Mexico. Now is the time to be offering big incentives to get industry to return home to the US. Sure right this moment it's too late. But we can learn a lesson and correct it for the future.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
GOOD.

Why good?

Maybe it took a damned virus to actually start having a conversation on outsourcing our products and the inherent negatives associated with it.

Why one country going thru a crisis effects us in such a way should give pause to us all and maybe began to think of ways to bring some of that back to the local.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
I think youre faililng to understand that even those "local" drug companies get their materials to MAKE those drugs come from China as well.

This has vastly more damaging consequences than anything weve seen since the early 1900s.

This is far more damaging than any "embargo" as that even during an Embargo, that country is STILL producing.

There is no question this will be devastating for the Chinese.

For the rest of the world? Maybe a wake up call to stop propping/building up communist regimes by out-sourcing to them for their cheap/slave labor.

Bring production home, not just here in the States, everywhere.

Self-sufficiency is the new word of the day, to be learned at the terrible cost this will be to the Chinese people. My heart weeps for them.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Well, I am ok with that. China makes crap products.
Time to get back to Made in America.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
And this is by far worse than the virus itself.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Capitalism does not know the frase "made in America" . Take iPhone as an example. An iPhone would cost 15 times more if it was manufactured in the USA.
And so would 99% of other products made in China.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
India will be the new China... Plenty of third world countries around to pick up slack..a reply to: SailorJerry

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
And if the I Phone sold for that much many wont buy it..supply and demand.a reply to: XCrycek

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Well then, maybe people can get away from the cheap disposable society we have created.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Capitalism does not know the frase "made in America" . Take iPhone as an example. An iPhone would cost 15 times more if it was manufactured in the USA.
And so would 99% of other products made in China.
Right, capitalism can work in a number of ways, it is up to the user on how they operate, hench the beautfy on the dynamics of said capitalism.

These are greedy corps, not Capitalism per se.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

It's not nice to say, but we brought this on ourselves. By chasing business and industry out of the US it's forced us to be dependent on nations like china and Mexico. Now is the time to be offering big incentives to get industry to return home to the US. Sure right this moment it's too late. But we can learn a lesson and correct it for the future.

Never going to happen with US because of unfinished wars. "Good is bad, and bad is good." You can see it after WW2 in the face of US til today. Right-wing terrorism and mafia diplomacy, you wonder why companies are running away from US. For example, If KKK can't live with blacks then what makes you think Asians will want to live with the KKK. All those haters are just wasting the countries time and space which should've been put to an end first.

They are haters of the "Union" since the civil war and got Abe Lincoln assassinated. That is like having to live with two countries but both don't like you. Not a single company is going to support groups like that because they can't make money from other countries and you think they will be back in US? Dream on. Whole world hates US just for double speak. Hate groups are a prime example.

America today is already against founding fathers ideas. I bet ya, if any of them are alive we be at war to finish the war.
edit on 25-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I posted this in the Coronavirus thread, but it fits better here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join