It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is/was getting flu shot every year?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Never had one, usually don’t get flu’s except for this year, a bad one I’m still recovering from.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

You sure it's not the new coronavirus?

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I don’t think it is. Did wonder through the worst parts though. I went to the doctors. Had for over a month.

edit on 25-2-2020 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

That's good. With the amount of people who do get sick and don't go to the doctor I have my suspicions that people are already experiencing this new virus, and even if they do go to a health clinic may aren't getting tested for the virus.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Every year (nurse ).

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I get one every year. I'm an immunosuppressed renal transplant recipient. The possible side effects worry me alot; however, influenza kills. If it can confer any immunity any year, I'm in. I'm aware of the side effects and reasons to avoid it. I avoid every other vaccine despite my GP aggressively pushing every last one on the market. "All vaccines for all people all the time!" Er, no.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I don’t think it is. Did wonder through the worst parts though. I went to the doctors. Had for over a month.

We had two respiratory viruses like this last year. One took us out for the entire month of December, and then the next took out February. The first was influenza, and they couldn't tell us what the second one was other than "viral". It was bad; a month is a long time to be that sick. I'm glad you got over it.
edit on 25-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: EternalShadow

Was it the peanut butter shot in the butt cheek? That thing was harsh lol. Felt like someone threw a brick at my ass haha

Lol, I couldn't tell!

They lined us up like cattle with an alcohol swab in each hand, forearms parallel to the floor, and just kept us moving forward through the "chute.

I'm sure you can recall, lol.

I must of gotten nailed at least 10 times, but I couldn't tell what was what after the first 4 or 5 hits hahaha..

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I got the flu every year sometimes twice a year until I started getting a flu shot. The flu was especially hard on me because I smoke.

I started getting the shots 4 years ago. No more flu every year. Although I got it this year and it was really mild. I'm a believer in them.

I asked the pharmacist how I still got it this year and he said it mutated or was a different strain. He said with the shot it would be milder and it was.

I will continue to get them. Before I started getting them I got sick as a dog every year.

My grandmother never gets flu shots and she hasn't had the flu in decades. She had a rare blood type which I think might have something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
80,000 people might have agreed with you in 2018 (and an estimated 12 - 41,000 more for this flu season).

But they can't.

Because they're dead.

That's still about 0.1% (a fraction of 1 percent) of the over 40 million people who got sick in the 2018 flu season, hence why I said people "usually" don't die from the flu. Also, what percentage of those people had a flu shot, and what percentage were over the age of 60? I also suspect that 80k figure includes deaths from other common flu season viruses such as Norovirus, because it can cause severe dehydration, however the flu shot wont protect you against that and I don't think there is a vaccination for Norovirus, or at least not one commonly used by people. If you're really getting a flu shot because you're worried about a common flu killing you then you might have more pressing issues concerning your immune system, not to mention you're only getting protection for a few specific strains of the flu when there are countless strains and they're always evolving, there's more than a 50% chance you'll still get the flu after a flu shot.
edit on 25/2/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Not even once

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Never - I'll take natural immunity over flu shots. I'm not opposed to baccines like polio, smallpox, etc., but diseases which mutate regularly, and which can usually be fended off or attenuated by a healthy immune system? I don't see the point.

In the past 20 years, I've had a couple of colds and a couple of bouts of food poisoning.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I have to get it every year for work.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
They don't help at all, the people who got them this year have been extremely sick. They think the flu shot will save them, I don't think it does. I have never had the flu shot. I don't get the flu and I definitely don't get sick often.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Flu vaccine does not mean no flu. It has very little efficacy and is usually about 30% effective.

The 2018 Flu Vaccine Was Only 29% Effective

www.healthline.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I've never had a flu shot and neither have my kids. We don't get sick very often. My 20 yr old has had the flu maybe twice in her life. I'm my memory I've only been super sick twice in my life (I'm 50). We all got the flu last year..... I was the last one to get it in my house. Husband demanded I go to the doc and get tamiflu which I did but hadn't met my insurance deductible for Rx (since I don't take anything) and it was gonna be $100. I refused to pay that and was fine in 3 days. Husband kept telling me to get in bed and rest which I also didn't do. I just don't get very sick on the rare occasions that I do get sick.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The only time I've ever gotten the flu is after mandatory flu shots in the military, so I think I'll pass.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
a reply to: EternalShadow

Was it the peanut butter shot in the butt cheek? That thing was harsh lol. Felt like someone threw a brick at my ass haha

Lol, I couldn't tell!

They lined us up like cattle with an alcohol swab in each hand, forearms parallel to the floor, and just kept us moving forward through the "chute.

I'm sure you can recall, lol.

I must of gotten nailed at least 10 times, but I couldn't tell what was what after the first 4 or 5 hits hahaha..

Oh yeah, despite me having my medical records of being fully vaccinated from birth they decided that wasn't good enough and gave me every shot known to man notnjust once but twice and some they gave me a third time for good measure.

And this is in addition to me being immune to several things.

I had to go to a personal doc just to get an opinion on whether they had screwed me up.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
The nasal mist was the live virus,

Right, and live virus vaccines shed, which means, if you get one, then go to work, you are spreading the flu around. Nice...

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Haven't had one in 30 Years and haven't had the flu.
When i was taking them i had the flu almost every year.a reply to: makemap

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join