It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who here is/was getting flu shot every year?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Who here is/was getting flu shot every year?

It seems that hospitals and pharmacies keeps advertising to get flu shot every winter season. Since like 5 years ago I think. I tend to ignore them and never got a single flu after my last shot which was like 2012.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Never get 'em.
I doubt they make a difference for those that do...there are so many strains.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Only had one in the 70s, nothing since.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Can’t, allergic.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I get them free every year through my employer. I opt out. Haven't had one in over a decade. They don't do anything anyway. I get the flu more often after a flu shot than without. No thanks.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I tried one once about 15 years or so ago... free employer thing.

I never really get the flu anyways but gave it a shot. (pun intended)

It made me sick as a dog for a week and haven't gone back to try again.

~shrug~

edit on 24-2-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
22 year in the military, I didnt have a choice it was tracked and I was hounded every year till I got one.

the shot wasn't bad and I think it helped a little... the nasal mist deserves to be burned out of existence and striken from the history books.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I have to get the flu shot every year and give them to tons of people. This year seemed to work, last year not so much. The only bad reaction I had to one was the swine flu vaccine a decade ago. It was similar to being sick, I just felt ill after receiving it, not sure why, it had similar ingredients to other vaccines. I was probably sick during or right after it.

They give Soldiers all kinds of new vaccines, it’s always been like that. One thing I notice is they force some Soldiers to get the multi dose vial vaccine when they should get it from the single dose vial because they’re sensitive to the preservatives or ingredients in the one with multiple doses. I stopped that crap when I took over, they can get the single dose from a doctor or their civilian provider. No reason to go through that.

I wish we had a more accurate predictive model for active viruses that season but they mutate so quickly you’ll get partial immunity at best. DNA vaccines can’t come soon enough.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I always thought the nasal mist was an attenuated version versus an inactive version in the needle.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I remember that one, it was supposed to provide better immunity since the virus can replicate slowly and proceed more naturally. That one always gave me a stuffy nose for a few days, I don’t really see it anymore.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i don't think i've ever had the flu shot. Last time i got the flu i must have been like 25 years ago

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Irishhaf

I always thought the nasal mist was an attenuated version versus an inactive version in the needle.

The nasal mist was the live virus, at least the ones I read up on, the shots had the inactive virus. I got them for a few years when I worked for a hospital because I didn't want to get the flu from a patient. I haven't gotten one in a couple of years, I just don't trust what's in them and they don't cover all strains.

I had a reaction to the first one I got but the nurse manager told me it was probably my body just making anti-bodies in a hurry. I was fine the next day.
edit on 24-2-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Never had one never will.

Rarely get sick.

Finding wood to knock on now.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I get one every week.

Seriously, never had one.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

If you work at a hospital its practically mandatory. Its absolutely mandatory in some states such as illinois for hospitall staff, but even without state legislation its somewhat of an unwritten rule. I have got the flu vaccine only the last two years, personally.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I get one every year.

No flu. No problems

All good!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My husband I have gotten one for the past 4 years. We agreed that this was the best plan for us since we were both sick with the flu at the same time and let me tell you.. 2 grown adults both in bed sick with the flu was not a great way to spend 5 days in bed together LOL We watched alot of movies and argued over who coughed the most in their sleep. Knock on wood neither of us has had the flu since.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Had my first one ever in December while I was at my doctors office for an sinus infection.
I had a nasty flu last year at this time, I was laid up for ten days and didn’t want to go through that again.

So far I’ve had nothing more than a runny nose for a couple days.
But I should add that my wife and daughter have not had the flu either and they didn’t get the vaccine.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I get one every year.

No flu. No problems

All good!

Same here. My dad ran a biochemistry lab for decades. He said you could easily differentiate between groups who got the vaccine and those that didn't. For him (and us) it was a no-brainer. A little poke, an activated immune response, no flu.

People can be so freaky when it comes to needles (and I can appreciate that), but to let yourself (or worse ... your child) suffer a life-threatening bug? Take a deep breath and turn your head to look away.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

People can be so freaky when it comes to needles (and I can appreciate that), but to let yourself (or worse ... your child) suffer a life-threatening bug? Take a deep breath and turn your head to look away.

First of all the flu isn't usually life threatening, and I barely ever get sick anyway. There is really zero reason I would want to get a flu vaccine every year when I usually don't get a winter flu anyway, and even if I do it's gone in a day or two and afterwards I have a natural immunity to that strain so I wont get it again.
edit on 24/2/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join