It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hopkinsville Creatures: What On Earth Were They

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Richard Dolan reviews a blue book case from back in the 50s. At a farm house with children and several adults they were confronted by as many as 12 small strange creatures. One of the adults had seen what he thought was some kind of ship land earlier in the evening. Things got interesting after dark when these 3 foot tall bat eared creatures started showing up. Now this was a farm house out in the country and you can bet the owner had firearms, which he did. He had a 20 guage shotgun and a .22 caliber rifle.

The first creature that was seen made no menacing gestures and in fact had both his arms and hands raised in a way that we would also probably do when confronted with two guys armed and pointing guns at us.. So what did our brave first contact humans do...they open fire at less than 20 feet away !! The creature did a back flip and disappeared into the farm field.. But not long afterward he came back with his friends and spent the whole night playing "dodge the bullets" with the family.. The family said when they actually shot and hit one of the little fellows it sound like shooting a metal pot.. I guess the Aliens thought it was fun for none seemed worse for the wear ?

Cops came the next day and even the military got involved but nothing was found other than some bullet holes through the windows and house.. The cops left around 02:00 and by 03:00am the creatures were back but left at sunrise to never be seen again.. I think I have heard this story before many years ago but few can cover this sort of thing like Richard does IMO.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

-Not- never to be seen again.

Within a day or so, other bizarre creatures were seen in a sighting in California.

Given the era the events took place in, I doubt the California report was copy-catting.

Things that make one go "hmm".

Casa Blanca

Cheers
edit on 23-2-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The first creature that was seen made no menacing gestures and in fact had both his arms and hands raised.....So what did our brave first contact humans do...they open fire at less than 20 feet away !!

It just goes to show how enlightened we are as a species. Look something different to us with it's hands up, quick shoot it!!
Some of these stories of visitation from the 50's are just so strange and out there, it's difficult to to come to any kind of judgement or decision on what really happened.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Generally speaking, UFO related incidents of the period can be put into two categories.

1) Those that were a unique event
2) Those that are sufficiently similar to be considered repeat events

For example, many people saw disc shaped UFOs that changed color between blue red and white depending on the speed that they were travelling. Which are sufficiently similar to be considered the same phenomena witnessed multiple times over an extended period. Which would be the second category.

While the Hokinsville creatures were only reported once, nothing similar enough to them was ever seen again.

This lack of repetition suggests that it either the event didn't actually happen (Hoax, prank, mass hysteria) or that it didn't happen the way witnesses claim it did (mistakes or miss identification by witness).

I'm erring on the side of this being either a hoax or some form of mas hysteria. There was no physical evidence, and it doesn't match any known paranormal, supernatural or ufo related event anywhere else in the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

The first creature that was seen made no menacing gestures and in fact had both his arms and hands raised.....So what did our brave first contact humans do...they open fire at less than 20 feet away !!

It just goes to show how enlightened we are as a species. Look something different to us with it's hands up, quick shoot it!!
Some of these stories of visitation from the 50's are just so strange and out there, it's difficult to to come to any kind of judgement or decision on what really happened.

If a bear appeared on the path in front of you with it's paws raised in the air, what would you do?

The creatures were supposed to have claws at the end of their fingers and that "hand's raised" gesture on an animal is an aggressive pose, I don't blame them for shooting.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I’ve heard about this since I was a kid, I’m from the area. I actually lived with the granddaughter of one of the people involved when I first moved out at 18. She told me it was made up. That her grandfather and uncles were known for getting drunk on moonshine and making up all kinds of crazy stories. No idea if that’s true or just something they told their kids afterwards.

If it’s true, I think they probably came from underground and not a UFO. This entire area is filled with limestone caverns and the largest known cave system in the world, Mammoth Cave is a short drive away. And extends for miles underneath everything.

To add to that, these same creatures have recently been seen coming out of mines in eastern Kentucky and terrorizing people.

Hello, my name is David [redacted]. I received your contact information through a mutual acquaintance who assures me that you are well equipped to investigate peculiar problems.

Furthermore, I believe you may have interest in these events beyond any compensation that I am prepared to deliver in order to have these issues sorted. For the past 6 months I have been living in a rural home located on the border of West Virginia and Kentucky where my family is nightly assaulted by creatures that I have come to believe are of an extraterrestrial origin.

These beings appear to be the size and stature of a small child, devoid of any facial features save for large, oily eyes and lipless mouths. They frighten my children by peering through their bedroom windows, chirping at one another. They actively attempt to enter my home in the middle of the night. Last month they took my dog. The police refuse to provide any further assistance, attributing the problems to wild animals and forwarding my complaints to the state game commission.

I believe they are coming from an abandoned mine located on the edge of my property. Though I’m armed, I’m afraid that I’m far too frightened to enter the mine by my lonesome, and cannot convince any sympathetic friends to accompany me, though I cannot blame them. I am convinced that the only answer is to collapse the mine.

Link

edit on 23-2-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

There's a difference in size between a bear (we all know what a bear is) and these goblin-like creatures, if said creature remains still and unmoving with its hands in the air, you stand ready to shoot but wait, they may have had the answer to life, the universe and everything.
So to you, something you or knowbody else has ever seen before gets shot without hesitation?
Hands raised on a creature with intelligence could mean it's showing you they are unarmed.

ETA

If a bear appeared on the path in front of you with it's paws raised in the air

For all we know it may be about to break into a rendition of "bear necessities"

edit on 23-2-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

We’re talking about Kentucky here. If they had managed to kill one they would have probably tried to eat it.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerksIf it’s true, I think they probably came from underground and not a UFO. This entire area is filled with limestone caverns and the largest known cave system in the world, Mammoth Cave is a short drive away. And extends for miles underneath everything.

To add to that, these same creatures have recently been seen coming out of mines in eastern Kentucky and terrorizing people.

Yep totally agree o the limestone caverns and regions in our own island with this geolgy are known to be frequented by ufos. These things are possibly living right under our feet right now just waiting for their chance to take over and kill / enslave us crust dwellers

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

There's a difference in size between a bear (we all know what a bear is) and these goblin-like creatures, if said creature remains still and unmoving with its hands in the air, you stand ready to shoot but wait, they may have had the answer to life, the universe and everything.
So to you, something you or knowbody else has ever seen before gets shot without hesitation?
Hands raised on a creature with intelligence could mean it's showing you they are unarmed.

ETA

If a bear appeared on the path in front of you with it's paws raised in the air

For all we know it may be about to break into a rendition of "bear necessities"

It was a glowing goblin with long claws, and it looked like it was going to pounce.

If they were peaceful why did they surround the house and persist in trying to enter it when it was clear that the residents didn't want them there?

Even an alien should be able to understand that people shooting at you and running away isn't a good thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It was a glowing goblin with long claws, and it looked like it was going to pounce.

So because it glowed and had long nails it should be shot? I think that's about half the "famous" females in Hollywood isn't it?

If they were peaceful why did they surround the house and persist in trying to enter it

If what Underwerks is saying is true, they may have wanted to join the party and get drunk on moonshine too.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This was actually on project bluebook this past week (2-18-20). I've heard about this for many years. I'd love to believe it's a true story showing the best humans have to offer /sarc.

a reply to: underwerks

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Tons of stuff there to unpack.

1. Some sort of “Alien” pied piper

2. Some klaatu like device that stopes the creatures like gort.

3. Frequency recognition only heard by the children of up to age 15.

4. A floating disembodied metal arm that was trying to beckon the kids. (Refer to point 1)

What a strange account.
edit on 23-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: underwerksIf it’s true, I think they probably came from underground and not a UFO. This entire area is filled with limestone caverns and the largest known cave system in the world, Mammoth Cave is a short drive away. And extends for miles underneath everything.

Yep totally agree o the limestone caverns and regions in our own island with this geolgy are known to be frequented by ufos. These things are possibly living right under our feet right now just waiting for their chance to take over and kill / enslave us crust dwellers

Living around here I’ve heard all kinds of weird stories about things that could have only come out of the caves. The majority of these caves are unexplored and have never seen a human. And they are part of a massive underground system.

My cousin found a strange creature near one of these cave openings that sounds like it was out of a horror movie. It was about 2 feet long, gray hairless skin, it had 4 legs, claws, what looked like bat wings, and a mouth filled with needle like sharp teeth that were so big it’s mouth didn’t close all the way. And it’s tail was trident shaped.

Instead of saving the body of whatever this creature was in the name of science, fortune and fame my aunt made him throw it in the sinkhole so the dogs wouldn’t eat it and get sick.

Welcome to Kentucky.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

My cousin found a strange creature near one of these cave openings that sounds like it was out of a horror movie. It was about 2 feet long, gray hairless skin, it had 4 legs, claws, what looked like bat wings, and a mouth filled with needle like sharp teeth that were so big it’s mouth didn’t close all the way.

I think i dated her in college??

Joking aside, thats a strange tale indeed.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

So like a huge dead one of these but grey.

And with a forked tail.

Still super weird.
edit on 23-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
My cousin found a strange creature near one of these cave openings that sounds like it was out of a horror movie. It was about 2 feet long, gray hairless skin, it had 4 legs, claws, what looked like bat wings, and a mouth filled with needle like sharp teeth that were so big it’s mouth didn’t close all the way. And it’s tail was trident shaped.

Instead of saving the body of whatever this creature was in the name of science, fortune and fame my aunt made him throw it in the sinkhole so the dogs wouldn’t eat it and get sick.

Welcome to Kentucky.

Whoawow Kentucky sounds a great place if there's creatures like that running around. Love to go USA someday and now Kentucky on the list for things to do

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

The only thing that came to mind when hearing it described is a gargoyle. That’s what it sounds like. Down to a trident shaped tail. As crazy as that sounds. But then again, who knows what’s living down in the unexplored depths of the earth.

Maybe there are nocturnal things that only come out at night and fly around and that’s why they aren’t seen. Except in the rare case one might die out in the woods where chances are slim it’ll be seen by anyone. Who knows.

I’ve wanted to go dig up the sinkhole to see if I can find any remains. This happened about 10 years ago but there should still be some kind of bones there from whatever it was.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Those things have "with needle like sharp teeth that were so big it’s mouth didn’t close all the way?"

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I have always wanted to explore those caves. Anything could lurking in them. A strange tale indeed!

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

No of course not. That was a quick visual comparison so that sir underworks could have more of a visual to feed off and give us more info. I for one am in favor of the comparison as I think it is a great to tool in these cases. Start with the known before moving towards the unknown so we can be diligent in our assumptions.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join