It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney - One reason Coronavirus might be worse than we think

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek
Don't you know nothing about business? The reasoning goes like this:- less people visit, answer advertise to tell people we are still open for business. Next step:- if that don't work, lower the price to attract, (bad for business). If that don't work: lower the price and throw in freebies, better to attract(bad for business).

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Speaking as an ex-pat, don't believe everything that you hear about China.

Dude, I'm Asian. In addition to that I've lived in Asia, Europe and all over the US. To say I've used many different kinds of toilets is an understatement.
I've worked with and had many many Chinese friends over the years. There is much about the culture I adore,
the bathroom is not one of them. Squatting may be healthier but it's not more sanitary (especially for women-splish splash)
Also I know many Chinese/Asian ppl don't like washing their hand after bathroom use, more of a cultural thing about getting sick (ironically). I also find in general Asian (mostly men) like to spit a lot, and pick noses. Two easy ways to get everyone sick.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Speaking as an ex-pat, don't believe everything that you hear about China.

Dude, I'm Asian. In addition to that I've lived in Asia, Europe and all over the US. To say I've used many different kinds of toilets is an understatement.
I've worked with and had many many Chinese friends over the years. There is much about the culture I adore,
the bathroom is not one of them. Squatting may be healthier but it's not more sanitary (especially for women-splish splash)
Also I know many Chinese/Asian ppl don't like washing their hand after bathroom use, more of a cultural thing about getting sick (ironically). I also find in general Asian (mostly men) like to spit a lot, and pick noses. Two easy ways to get everyone sick.

Hey, discovered I am not all Finn. I am 1.7 percent Asian....basically I share some genetic similarities with the Inuit, Eskimos, and some Chinese and Japanese. It is all on my male genes inherited from my father.

No wonder I like Asian food a lot.
Basically I tend to utilize fats to keep warm very well and pee out a lot of sodium like many Asians do. I do not know if some great great great great grandfather was an Eskimo or whether we adadapted to living in the cold like the Eskimos do. It may be that we actually adapted to peeing out salt by my ancestors eating lots of salt fish and salt preserved meats too, my dad and uncles loved salted and dried fish and smoked fish.

I see some of the mild asian eyes in my relatives, but I personally do not have that much of that. Quite a few Finns have that though, and it is not exclusively Asian, Inuits have that too. Asians most often have a more pronounced version of the eyes. I discovered I had this after I bought the Subaru forester, it did not effect my decision in buying a Japanese made car.

edit on 21-2-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Don't forget the,

www.olympic.org...

2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo Japan.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Hmm... I mentioned that about Disneyland here in Tokyo (Chiba) no news what so ever. Wonder why... money?

I can understand Disneyland in Tokyo, they are close to the outbreak. For Disney in Florida to advertise so much is just weird.
I read a little clip that people are already starting to wear face masks at the parks (probably a good thing). I'm sure that's not the look they want to get out. I image Disney is similar to a cruise ship situation, a total petri dish!

Actually, it makes sense to advertise heavily. If people are going to be too wary to vacation overseas, then as far as Disney is concerned, KA-CHIIIIIIIING : they'll come to the two highest profile domestic parks instead, if we plant that seed of Maybe in their brains.

It's emotional manipulation advertising, really.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Clammy721

Maybe the cornonavirus is a Chinese plot to take down the amazing economy ahead of the elections so mini-mike can pimp US to China like he did his daughter.

Florida is a major destination for Chinese tourism during spring break, I'm not surprised there is low demand.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

That's because a lot of people go around this time of year. People online are asking if it's okay to go to these amusement parks. I am like no you shouldn't go, that's how viruses and anything you can catch come in contact with people. People do not care and to be honest I don't feel bad if they get sick because they want to put their head in the sand and think this virus will be over in a few months.

A lot of people are in massive denial with what's going on, some are actually complaining about possibly being quarantined, asking how will they go to work, earn money. They are saying not to pull kids out of school because this is just like the flu. Yeah such much denial it's sad! They do not think a pandemic will happen....

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
About 80% of all LED emitters come from China and with the Lunar New year most shipping facilities have been closed for about a month.
I’m an electrical contractor and I queried my lighting suppliers Tuesday. They in turn requested shipping dates from the factory. That sent my major supplier into a tail spin, he said the factory is forecasting a shortage in 90 days.
I ordered a two month supply to put in my warehouse to hold in reserve, to see us through.

Several large corporations like Land-rover and Apple are forecasting everything from shortages to complete supply chain breakdowns.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

You know, something struck me as odd last night while watching the telly, advert after advert for disinfectant solutions and wipes.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more considering the circumstances, it did strike me as odd though.

Or maybe it's just your own damn psychology that's playing tricks on you?

Chill your silly little beans and reread my comment;

...Maybe I'm just noticing it more considering the circumstances,...

No beer emoji for you.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh, it doesn't affect other companies heh? What about Jaguar/ Land-rover and Volvo, both having to go on short times cos they've only got a couple of weeks supply of parts from said country.

UK is a freaking small island, they can't compete without the population. Once UK sells their Range rover to Americans they will be destroyed internally and no longer be reliable cars just like all American junk cars which happened to Canadian companies(ehm GM). Stupid Escalade that can't even climb mountains. This is mad Karma to anyone who thinks America is the good guys here until too late.

edit on 21-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
About 80% of all LED emitters come from China and with the Lunar New year most shipping facilities have been closed for about a month.
I’m an electrical contractor and I queried my lighting suppliers Tuesday. They in turn requested shipping dates from the factory. That sent my major supplier into a tail spin, he said the factory is forecasting a shortage in 90 days.
I ordered a two month supply to put in my warehouse to hold in reserve, to see us through.

Several large corporations like Land-rover and Apple are forecasting everything from shortages to complete supply chain breakdowns.

Also Apple factory is closed at the moment and most people that work there are in their dorms. I hope the virus doesn't hit in them dorms.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Is it time to worry? If not about the virus itself but the financial whiplash we will all feel pretty soon?

I'd say yes.

As much as the President likes to tout this as an amazing economy... it's not.

Over half of Americans don't even have $400 in case of an emergency in their bank accounts, malls are filled with vacancies, and the stock market is in real trouble.

Our recent tax cuts for big business largely went to stock buybacks. This had a twofold effect. One is that it created an "artificial demand" which drove up the markets to record highs (this wasn't a "natural" demand from individuals buying stocks they felt were undervalued for investment purposes), and two is that less shares in circulation upped the dividends on the remaining shares of those companies (thus helping to mask poor earnings reports).

Furthermore, due to White House pressure, the Fed has kept interest rates unnaturally low. Normally interest rates rise when the economy is doing well, and when it's not, they lower rates to help spur the economy back. Since rates have been kept low, there's little the Fed can to to help once things start to slip and fall.

Presently, with the tariff war, and corona shutting down Chinese ports, business is getting hit hard, and we're nearing the tipping point of a massive correction to the stock market with all of these overvalued stocks.

It's going to get hit HARD, and with little that the Fed can do (rates are already unnaturally low) we can only hope that the upcoming market correction doesn't slip us into a massive crash and another great depression.
edit on 2/21/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

they even use the bathroom in holes

I had to chuckle. In San Francisco people crap on the sidewalk, and it's perfectly legal! There are many, many pockets across the entire US where people live in extremely unsanitary conditions. The homeless camps and the run down cities where people live in poverty are going to be giant petri dishes.

I have noticed ever since the first cruise ship was quarantined TV began playing commercials for cruises at every break- something that normally only happened in the spring and then only a few times a week. Could be they just have so much profit that they decided to invest it all in advertising.

edit on 500000077America/Chicago291 by nugget1 because: ETA comment

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm seeing more big companies like Apple, Coke, Walmart say they are going to be are already affected....These are massive companies that have an global impact... Is it time to worry? If not about the virus itself but the financial whiplash we will all feel pretty soon?

Supply chains that source anything from China are going to be put into a hurt locker. Anything that ships from China is going to see a drastic slow down. Fortunately, due to the nature of the beast, their are a few months of items in the pipe.

But if China doesn't get back to work by the end of March, it's going to be curtains for a lot of people. The economies of the world were already zombies. This is just the fire that's going to burn it down.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer

That's because a lot of people go around this time of year. People online are asking if it's okay to go to these amusement parks. I am like no you shouldn't go, that's how viruses and anything you can catch come in contact with people. People do not care and to be honest I don't feel bad if they get sick because they want to put their head in the sand and think this virus will be over in a few months.

A lot of people are in massive denial with what's going on, some are actually complaining about possibly being quarantined, asking how will they go to work, earn money. They are saying not to pull kids out of school because this is just like the flu. Yeah such much denial it's sad! They do not think a pandemic will happen....

Nobody is in denial; we just live in the real world.

CDC: 80,000 people died of the flu last year.

77,000 cases world wide of CoronaVirus, 2,300 deaths.

You're right, this isn't just like the flu, the flu is worse. Also consider this fact; the flu lives on hard surfaces for less than 24 hours, but the corona virus lives on surfaces for up to 9 days. This means that the average person who comes into contact with the corona virus fights it off with their basic immune system, otherwise over 900% more people would have been infected. It really not that dangerous for most people, if you do get it full stop, it has a higher chance to kill you than the flu statistically since it's a corona virus, and corona viruses tend to kill about 9% of people infected by them. This means that it's harder to get, but if you get it, it's a marginally more dangerous, but it's certainly nothing at all worth fear mongering about. This coronavirus isn't even as dangerous as the ones that have been around for decades.

I mean, so much denial..... Literally the amount of people who have gotten the corona virus are LESS THAN those that die annually of the flu. It's a non-story that's being blown out of proportion and exaggerated to generate spending on things like masks and gloves, disinfectants et,al.
edit on 21-2-2020 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Are you for real?

How many times has the flu taken out half the people on a cruise ship? In South Korea, one woman infected possibly up to 500 people in a church.

The flu is worldwide, this thing is just getting started and can easily overwhelm our healthcare systems. South Korea is spraying the streets like China has been doing.

Does that sound like it is no worse than the damned flu?

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime
Nobody is in denial; we just live in the real world.

CDC: 80,000 people died of the flu last year.

77,000 cases world wide of CoronaVirus, 2,300 deaths.

You're right, this isn't just like the flu, the flu is worse.

In the real world such a comparison and conclusion isn't valid without also stating the number of flu cases worldwide to calculate the actual mortality rates.

Jumping to such conclusions is just as misleading as buying into all of the premature fear mongering.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It was just announced that the DJIA is already set to open over 800 points down today. Looks like the first wave of the upcoming market correction that I was talking about 3 days ago is gonna start today.

Congrats to those who bought low, sold high, and got out in time (or had their shorts ready). The mass sell offs have now begun...
edit on 2/24/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asgaard

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

You know, something struck me as odd last night while watching the telly, advert after advert for disinfectant solutions and wipes.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more considering the circumstances, it did strike me as odd though.

No, you're not imagining it. Here in the Netherlands it's the same. Almost every single commercial is about disinfectants, nose sprays, sore throat remedies etc etc. Crisis' are good business for some...

It's called the flu-season. Airtime for next year's commercials has already been paid for. Same as bbq and sunscreen commercials in August...

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Have you ever noticed how some people use the disinfectants constantly? They rub their hands and face with it and all their kids too. The kids are being denied the natural ability to develop immunity to germs. These will be sickly people when they're grown.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join