It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disney - One reason Coronavirus might be worse than we think

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think most people are sitting on the fence regarding coronavirus.

We will watch and wait and see if it hits closer to home. I don't think anyone believes anything coming from China.
I've said in another post there is much to be desired regarding China and sanitary living, they even use the bathroom in holes. Now some are saying it spreads by feces. etc...

One thing has sparked alarm in me. I've seen dozens of advertisements for Disney World. Seriously, dozens in the last week.
Normally during spring break they do not need to advertise, sometimes they are filled to capacity and need to turn people away from the parks.
Either they know they are going to take a hit ahead of time (due to forced quarantine), or that people are paranoid and will stay home. All I know
is I don't ever remember seeing an advertisement for Disney this time a year. I was a season pass holder for many years, it clicks when I hear these things. Normally they will run advertisement during low times..

I'm seeing more big companies like Apple, Coke, Walmart say they are going to be are already affected....These are massive companies that have an global impact... Is it time to worry? If not about the virus itself but the financial whiplash we will all feel pretty soon?
edit on 21-2-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Beware of Mickeymouse, he might infect you with a virus. Unlike Rickymouse who might infect you with a computer virus.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Forgot to add airline seats that were "full" during spring break week have all of a sudden opened up!
I've always knew this was a scam to mark up prices.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hmm... I mentioned that about Disneyland here in Tokyo (Chiba) no news what so ever. Wonder why... money?
edit on 0200000051092020-02-21T10:09:51-06:00095102am10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Hmm... I mentioned that about Disneyland here in Tokyo (Chiba) no news what so ever. Wonder why... money?

I can understand Disneyland in Tokyo, they are close to the outbreak. For Disney in Florida to advertise so much is just weird.
I read a little clip that people are already starting to wear face masks at the parks (probably a good thing). I'm sure that's not the look they want to get out. I image Disney is similar to a cruise ship situation, a total petri dish!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
NOVEMBER 4 2016 Executive Order Look it up?!
edit on 21-2-2020 by SpunGCake because: added c IN Executive

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm My local hardware store, Gloucestershire UK, is only selling five face masks per customer due to 'global demand'.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
For f sakes.. This needs a thread?! Ridiculous
I don't know jack # about Disneyland but companies tend to change their marketing strategies often.. Virus outbreak or not.
edit on 21-2-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You know, something struck me as odd last night while watching the telly, advert after advert for disinfectant solutions and wipes.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more considering the circumstances, it did strike me as odd though.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

You know, something struck me as odd last night while watching the telly, advert after advert for disinfectant solutions and wipes.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more considering the circumstances, it did strike me as odd though.

Or maybe it's just your own damn psychology that's playing tricks on you? You know. Kinda when you get stinged by a bee and you feel all the allergy symptoms?
We are still in the "ordinary" fly season. When should these companies advertise? In spring and summer?
And again. Use your damn mind. No sanitary company that manufacturers disenfectants or masks needs to advertise a lot right now. Thet get plenty of free marketing righ now.
edit on 21-2-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
I don't know jack # about Disneyland but companies tend to change their marketing strategies often.. Virus outbreak or not.

From what I am hearing, this virus is an economic disaster just waiting to fall, nothing is going to stop it, nothing

A small piece of a glass falling, proving the ceiling will shatter.
This could be the worst economical disaster in a century, watch

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

No, you're not imagining it. Here in the Netherlands it's the same. Almost every single commercial is about disinfectants, nose sprays, sore throat remedies etc etc. Crisis' are good business for some...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I think most people are sitting on the fence regarding coronavirus.

We will watch and wait and see if it hits closer to home. I don't think anyone believes anything coming from China.
I've said in another post there is much to be desired regarding China and sanitary living, they even use the bathroom in holes. Now some are saying it spreads by feces. etc...

Speaking as an ex-pat, don't believe everything that you hear about China.

Sure, rural China is like the 18th century, but with smart phone. But a big city like Wuhan is more modern than New York. Most of the buildings are newer and the infrastructure was built to impress not built on a NYC contractor's budget.

Yes, there are bad areas, but the truth is that they aren't any worse than Brooklyn, or a bad area in any other modern American city.

Those "holes" as you put them, in a place like Wuhan will be made of the same ceramics as a western toilet. They're easier to clan than a western toilet and more hygienic as you don't actually need to touch them. Next time you life a seat in an American rest room, imagine all of the people who peed on it before you got there.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Having a son and daughter that both work for Disney and my wife and I both being long time passholders ourselves, I can tell you without any uncertainty that Disney is NOT needing to advertise any more than they do any other time. If you're a Floridian yourself, you should know that most schools here don't have their spring breaks til mid-March. And many schools across the country dont do spring break til April.

The parks are as full now as they ever have been. Post Christmas holidays - pre spring break is usually a lull for most of the theme parks here in Orlando but at least Disney is still seeing above avg attendance most days.

You can be damn sure that all the locals will be out to the parks when spring break does hit, Coronavirus or not. If Disney was worried about any attendance hits, it wouldn't be locally, it would be with out-of-state and international travelers which you're not going to see tv ads for. Incidentally, Disney World considers Georgia and Alabama residents locals for purposes of marketing.

There's no need to blow this stupid Coronavirus out of proportion. No recorded cases at least in the state of FL yet. Both my kids have full access to industrial size containers of purell and have had instruction on how to handle themselves. I tell both kids to go wash their hands constantly and avoid direct contact as much as they can, which is what they're supposed to do anyway.

There's no Disney advertising worries or conspiracy and no need to start one. Now, if you wanna talk about cruise ships and all the cruise ship ports in FL, I'm listening. You couldn't GIVE me a cruise right now or get me anywhere near one of the ports. And I'm pretty close to Port Canaveral.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Oh, it doesn't affect other companies heh? What about Jaguar/ Land-rover and Volvo, both having to go on short times cos they've only got a couple of weeks supply of parts from said country.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

From what I am hearing, this virus is an economic disaster just waiting to fall, nothing is going to stop it, nothing

Perfectly said. Even if it gets to the US, we have a cure and everyone here is fine there will still be economic backlash that many people are not ready for. A read something that Walmart could run out of supplies in April... Just imagine that, empty Walmarts. How would that affect the US economy, the world economy?

Look at this:

www.themeparktourist.com...

Walt Disney World preparing for MASSIVE Spring Break Crowds Next Month

If they are expecting "massive" crowds, and have had to TURN people away in the past, WHY on earth would they advertise for more crowds.. Something does not add up.
Like I said I was a passholder for years, I lived in Florida. You could time it like clockwork, they would advertise during low season when they needed higher attendance, not during the busiest time of the year.. Something is off.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Gosh, haven't you folks heard of the downturn in Japan from the lack of tourist. This stuff is real, jobs are going to be lost big time.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

It's a economical disaster so Disney are investing in more advertising?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

It's a economical disaster so Disney are investing in more advertising?

Ever heard of a fire sale?
If they know it's coming, wouldn't they try to get as much $$$ as they can while they can?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Clammy721

There's no need to blow this stupid Coronavirus out of proportion. No recorded cases at least in the state of FL yet. Both my kids have full access to industrial size containers of purell and have had instruction on how to handle themselves. I tell both kids to go wash their hands constantly and avoid direct contact as much as they can, which is what they're supposed to do anyway.

There's no Disney advertising worries or conspiracy and no need to start one

www.tampabay.com...

The state’s surgeon general said the Florida Department of Health is not authorized to publish the number of people in the state being tested for the virus out of privacy concerns.

I think deep down you are worried about your kids working there. I would be too.
edit on 21-2-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join