It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The After Effects Of Using A Spirit Box

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Deplorable
You ain't skeered are ya?
I'd enjoy hearing the rest of your thoughts as to 'why'.

Yeah. What's to be afraid of? If it really is "ghosts" (or even demons for that matter) then they're basically non-corporeal or dead and those kinds of critters are known for not being able to interact with the world of the living in any significant physical way. The only way they can get to you is through your head. Now, of course, if you're crazy then you might have something to worry about. But for the most part if you aren't crazy, and aren't afraid, they really can't do anything to harm you.

I think each person has their own views on the paranormal. While I can sense things close by that make me a little scared to go any further, there have been occasions where I've heard something and walked straight into it.

I was at work and someone said they heard something odd. (Sadly a work collegue died of a heart attack in our break room) This was just as we were opening a massive book warehouse in the dark at 6:00 in the morning.
Without turning any lights on, I walked calmly around the building asking who was there.

I think it can be a state of mind as to what can scare you and what can't.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Yup. Spirit boxes, Ouiji Boards, runes, Taro ...heck even "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary" and bar Bloody Marys all have potential to call up a passing spirit critter.

If fortunate enough to lack personal verification, then look at collective history and it's non mainstream, non "Hollywood-ized" extreme hauntings, diabolic oppression, possession and exorcisms ... some of those spirits pack a punch even if one eschews rank dogma and simplistic religious ideation.

But really, consciousness is the master and keeping a good outlook and being brave is the best protection from the fangy fauna in the plasma wilds ... if one subscribes to them being made of plasma, that is. They could be made of mind-stuff which could be the non material progenitor of everything physical.

But I've had my own curiosity answered as to the existence of spirits. They exist, whatever or whomever they actually are.

That fact opens a big ol' can o worms and digs some deep, deep rabbit holes. .. .but good thoughts, love and kindness do offer the best protection as far as my own extensive diggings have shown me. Some help from a kind professional may be a good idea for some of the more subtle, tougher cases, though.

Remember kids, fear is not only the mind killer, but the meat killer, too.

I wrote a book about Ouiji boards many years ago. I've nerv personally tried it, but friends have. Never again they said. I was always afraid to try Bloody mary. Just something creepy about it that kept me away.
I do agree that a positive mind and outlook on life can keep you safe. When I've been depressed, I tend to be more sensitive to the other side than usual.

It is a huge can of worms that can be intriging, but you have to be ready to deal with it if it goes south.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Burn the spirit box and never go back. You’re tapping into energies that are feeding off you. Nothing good can come from it. We are guarded from the spirit realm for a reason.

You ain't skeered are ya?

I'd enjoy hearing the rest of your thoughts as to 'why'.

Scared enough that I was obsessed with the ouija board 16-17 years ago. Did it almost every day for almost 2 years. We were convinced we were talking to our children before they were born.

I absolutely agree with other posters. The amount of power you have against spirits, depends on you. I’ve always felt a great deal of protection / confidence in this arena. That doesn’t and didn’t make me obsolete from their shenanigans, though.

What I’m about to say pertains to the majority of spirits. Yes, there are ‘some’ good ones. But those are few and far between and very fleeting. They aren’t allowed to hang around long for contact. This is why I said earlier that, we a guarded from the spirit world for a reason.

The problem is, when you invite / instigate contact with them — they think this is a permanent invitation. Don’t fool yourself in believing that they are ‘Gracing you with their presence’, for your benefit. They are doing so, for their own benefit. Forgive me, I’m going to add a little humor here. But I think it’s absolutely applicable.

Once the invitation is given, it’s very difficult to un-invite them. As the OP mentioned multiple times, he feels them the most when he’s depressed. This is because they feed off negative emotions. They love it when we feel fear, depression, anger, ect. Somehow they use this negative energy, to their benefit.

And don’t even for a second believe that majority of entities contacting people through spirit boxes are genuine benevolent beings. This is what they want you to believe. However, their true intentions are nothing less than malevolent. Why this is, I do not know. Like I said, not all are bad. But unfortunately, the negatives incredibly outweigh the positives when contacting entities from the other realms.

I haven’t touched the ouija board in over a decade. And will never touch one ever again.

Am I scared of them? I’d say I have a healthy dose of respect. Just like I’d have the same respect for a gangster wielding a gun in South Compton. I’d get the fu## away!

edit on 23-2-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: rhynouk

Burn the spirit box and never go back. You’re tapping into energies that are feeding off you. Nothing good can come from it. We are guarded from the spirit realm for a reason.

My grandmother explained it best...

What you are tapping into is neither good or evil.

It is a force, like electricity.

That being said, sticking your finger in a light socket can kill you.

I love this quote, and your take on it. Perfectly said, in short words. Your grandma sounds like she was a cool cat. 🍻

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I think you said it right. Respect. If you don't respect what can and will happen, you can get yourself in a lot of trouble, even if it doesn't feel like it.
I always said please and thank you whenever I did a spirit box session. I've sat in the forest on my own and used my spirit box ( No idea what I was thinking) I wouldn't do it now as I know the dangers of it first hand.

I stopped once it started getting to me. Don't get me wrong, I had wonderful feelings as well as bad. They were few and far between though.

I had a couple friends who invited me to use a Ouija board many years ago but I refused. As the story goes, they used it and the glass they were using as a planchette flew across the room and smashed against the wall. It effected them for weeks.

Personally I'll never use one as i know the bad that can come of it.
edit on Sun, 23 Feb 2020 15:25:25 -0600032022020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Nothing to fear, but fear itself.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

... However, their true intentions are nothing less than malevolent. Why this is, I do not know. Like I said, not all are bad. But unfortunately, the negatives incredibly outweigh the positives when contacting entities from the other realms.

I haven’t touched the ouija board in over a decade. And will never touch one ever again.

Am I scared of them? I’d say I have a healthy dose of respect. ...

Thanks for posting back.

Interesting experiences you touched on (and conclusions), to say the very least.

rhynouk: Interesting POV as well.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I have not read this thread, but I too have some gifts, but I would never want to share them or extend them to any paranormal forces out there without proper training...because it's frightening. Why would you open yourself up to outside forces beyond your control?

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk I've also seen this dark figure wearing a large rimmed hat when I was a young girl. I was on my way to the toilet and he was standing at the top of my stairs. However, I've always thought he was a cowboy only because the shape of his hat resembled those worn by cowboys. I remember how dark it was up the top of the stairs, the light bulb had blown and not been replaced yet. My family and I were all watching the T.V and I decided during an interfal to run to the loo. The stairs were right next to the front room so some light lit up the bottom part of the stairwell with just enough light, to make out an outline. Of course my parents thought it was my imagination but I know it wasn't. That figure has inbeded it's self into my memory. Still after all these years I can recall clear as day every second and emotion I felt back then, like it was happening to me now. I've had some very peculiar things happen to me over the past 30 years that left me questioning everything I was told and thought to be true, to understanding we live in a world of illusions a fragmented reality full of trickery . The latest craze in the ghost hunting world is an app called necraphonics. Some entities coming through this cell phone app I've heard say "now look you've invited them in, stop shut it off". We are frequency beings and God only knows what frequency these app makers are using to contact not only the dead, but others not from this dimension.

posted on Mar, 5 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherRealms73

That's fascinating, thanks for sharing. The hat you mentioned is the same as what i and my brothers wife saw, years apart. A cowboy hat is the best way i would describe it as well.
I'm never really sure of apps as ghost hunting tools. I prefeer the old fashion types. I've always fet that the spiritual world is all about frequency. if you can find the right one, there is no telling what you might hear and see.
I believe astro projection is all about frequency too. I've only got so far on that though.

I would love to hear about some of the other things you've seen and heard throughout your life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join