It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The After Effects Of Using A Spirit Box

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've been interested in the paranormal for longer than I can remember. Apparently I used to have an imaginary friend when I was a baby. I have no recollection of it though.
Over the years I've seen shadow ghosts, heard strange noises and even heard my name called in the middle of nowwhere. This still happens even now.

I woke up one night and saw a shadow ghost at the end of my bed. It had a hat on, and a dark jacket. The best way to descibe it would be Indiana Jones in the dark. I didn't feel threatened so i went back to sleep.
Fast forward 15 years, my brothers wife got out of bed and saw the same shadow figure standing at the end of her hallway. Like myself, she didn't feel threatened. (She told me the story, I wasn't sharing a bed with my brothers wife)

My brother and I decided to get ourselves a spirit box. We had some amazing results. I even heard my late mothers voice, which always makes me sad.

I have found that using the spirit box has some rather scary after effects.

It usually lasts for a couple weeks. Odd noises, a feeling of something is close by. Nothing scary, just a feeling. Strange smells would come out of nowhere. However as time has gone on the after effects seemed to get worse.

Last year I it got to the point where I slept on the sofa in the living room because I was too scared to go to bed. Noises, a terrible dreading feeling all the time. I even got a security camera in my home because I felt something was in there while I was at work. I reviewed the video and nothing appeared.
I felt depressed and very down. Strange dreams and being woken up a scream in the head.

I have now stopped using it and things seem to be back to normal. I still get the odd feeling of being watched, but nothing I can't handle.

I know people say spirit boxes are a load of rubbish, but trust me, they're not. Once you open that door, it's very hard to close it again. I have heard others use Quija boards, Spirit Boxes and all sorts of different ways to contact the paranormal, but never get any after effects. I have always been sensitive to what's around me. Not sure if it's a good thing or not.

I often wonder how thin the vail is between us and the spirit world. Are they constantly looking for a way in?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I often wonder how thin the vail is between us and the spirit world. Are they constantly looking for a way in?

The thickness of the veil between is determined by the person's mind.
Some build it into a fortress, some have only gossamer.

I like my thick wall.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, the spirits in our house are friendly, so I am not interested in getting a spirit box. My granddaughter sensed something but I told her they were harmless and just watched over us. I would not want to piss them off though. Their spirits seem to be stored in crystals and activated by us, they could possibly be seen or heard but they are only information that interacts with us. Just like a computer stores information in a crystal like silicon, our history can be stored in rocks, glass, or even metal because metal is a type of crystal. Water is also a crystal of a different kind, it forms a molecular structure. You cannot get away from it. Heat will cause these stored memories to be destroyed. People have the ability to interpret these memories. You can get instructions on how to use a tool from the tool itself if someone has used it and imprinted knowledge in it.

But remember this, there is also disruptive knowledge stored in things too, the beliefs of others can confuse us or cause us to have some mental issues. I did a lot of research on this and know it is possible, but I understand that most people do not have the ability to utilize this. Some people train themselves and they are considered psychics. This knowledge is a snapshot and it is interpreted by some and the interpretation is done by the beliefs of the person who interprets it which does not mean it is real. So this is just something people tend to ignore because proper interpretation is probably not possible.

Memories are stored in your mothers diamond ring, the ring reminds you of her when you are going through your parents stuff. That is because you know how to interpret your mothers knowledge most times. It probably does not work well for people who are psychics unless they can read your mind somehow or pay attention to your response to what they say. Many are just scammers, but I believe some are legit. Memories can also be stored in our bone, remember, minerals store information, even the minerals in our body fluids store information. It is not just the mind that does.

The chances of properly interpreting information is pretty slim, but sometimes people can get an inkling off of something when they handle it. The beliefs of one person are different than the beliefs of another, so be wary of believing that this stuff could be properly interpreted.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Burn the spirit box and never go back. You’re tapping into energies that are feeding off you. Nothing good can come from it. We are guarded from the spirit realm for a reason.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I like my thick wall.

I don't mind my thin veil. It can be a warming experience at times. I smelt my grandads aftershave, many years after he passed on.
I also felt my mother close by when i was going through a tough time. But sometimes when the air gets thick, you wish the veil was like a solid brick wall.

edit on Fri, 21 Feb 2020 10:02:25 -0600102022020000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Burn the spirit box and never go back. You’re tapping into energies that are feeding off you. Nothing good can come from it. We are guarded from the spirit realm for a reason.

I had the feeling they were feeding off my negative energy at the time. I have become more positive in life which I think can help.
I have put the spirit box away and haven't touched it for a few months. it's not coming out for a long time.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I bought a spirit box last year. I only did little testing. Nothing paranormal recorded so far.

I'm planning to use it in my treasure hunting adventures/ forest hiking this year. Hope to make a video soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree with you about memories and certain evils can be stored in objects that we can feel once we touch them. When i touch something my mother owned, I get a warm happy feeling. Sometimes though you find something that you happen to pick up and instanty you get a strange feeling that just is off. It's happened to me many times over the years.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I bought a spirit box last year. I only did little testing. Nothing paranormal recorded so far.

I'm planning to use it in my treasure hunting adventures/ forest hiking this year. Hope to make a video soon.

I found that you have to use it a few times, before you can get results. Almost like the spirit world has to either trust you or fnd their way to you first.
Once you hear a voice for the first time, it will send chills up your spine, it's fascinating.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm just waiting for better weather. It's gonna be a blast👍

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

My grandmother explained it best...

What you are tapping into is neither good or evil.

It is a force, like electricity.

That being said, sticking your finger in a light socket can kill you.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree with you about memories and certain evils can be stored in objects that we can feel once we touch them. When i touch something my mother owned, I get a warm happy feeling. Sometimes though you find something that you happen to pick up and instanty you get a strange feeling that just is off. It's happened to me many times over the years.

Negative energy sucks. Remember, even food has crystals in it, workers with negative energy can put it into your lettuce or tomato, they can put it into your apples. Since you do not heat those things to cleanse the information out, the chaotic information can effect your personality, it is not just plant defense system chemistry that can make you not enjoy life.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
MY I purchase your spirit box?? Or will anyone here sell me their spirit box?? I will also buy a bridge I guess, but right now I want a spirit box. You are making me visualize those boxes in Danny's mind in doctor sleep.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
MY I purchase your spirit box?? Or will anyone here sell me their spirit box?? I will also buy a bridge I guess, but right now I want a spirit box. You are making me visualize those boxes in Danny's mind in doctor sleep.

I'm going to keep my Spirit Box. It's away in a drawer in another box. Like some kind of horror film, someone in the future will find it and use it.

I have had a few Spirit boxes. Some are pretty rubbish but the one I have found the most success with is the P-SB7. You normally see it being used in paranormal shows and investigations.

I'm sure there are lots out there that are very good but like I said, the P-SB7 seems to get results.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I like my thick wall.

HAH! Me too. Being about as psychic as a rock I live a happy and less spooky life.

It also allowed me to be a much more objective hunter. Way back when I was in a little group in MIssouri. That was about 1992 I think. Early 2000's I got the plans for a Franks box.. the internet is awesome. We built one and sure it worked. It was pretty cool and all, I did enjoy the hell out of it but then there began a weird phenomenon.. the folks in the group and guest investigators would hear different things and there were little pissing matches and divisions. If anything, for us it opened a negative bubble with us all. I always heard blab blab blab... some clear stuff. Some class A type stuff.. but other than that I really couldnt understand how they heard some of the things they claimed to hear. I was right there and heard.. .................nothing.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's jumanji irl. Bury it!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You ain't skeered are ya?

I'd enjoy hearing the rest of your thoughts as to 'why'.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
You ain't skeered are ya?
I'd enjoy hearing the rest of your thoughts as to 'why'.

Yeah. What's to be afraid of? If it really is "ghosts" (or even demons for that matter) then they're basically non-corporeal or dead and those kinds of critters are known for not being able to interact with the world of the living in any significant physical way. The only way they can get to you is through your head. Now, of course, if you're crazy then you might have something to worry about. But for the most part if you aren't crazy, and aren't afraid, they really can't do anything to harm you.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yup. Spirit boxes, Ouiji Boards, runes, Taro ...heck even "Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary" and bar Bloody Marys all have potential to call up a passing spirit critter.

If fortunate enough to lack personal verification, then look at collective history and it's non mainstream, non "Hollywood-ized" extreme hauntings, diabolic oppression, possession and exorcisms ... some of those spirits pack a punch even if one eschews rank dogma and simplistic religious ideation.

But really, consciousness is the master and keeping a good outlook and being brave is the best protection from the fangy fauna in the plasma wilds ... if one subscribes to them being made of plasma, that is. They could be made of mind-stuff which could be the non material progenitor of everything physical.

But I've had my own curiosity answered as to the existence of spirits. They exist, whatever or whomever they actually are.

That fact opens a big ol' can o worms and digs some deep, deep rabbit holes. .. .but good thoughts, love and kindness do offer the best protection as far as my own extensive diggings have shown me. Some help from a kind professional may be a good idea for some of the more subtle, tougher cases, though.

Remember kids, fear is not only the mind killer, but the meat killer, too.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

I like my thick wall.

HAH! Me too. Being about as psychic as a rock I live a happy and less spooky life.

It also allowed me to be a much more objective hunter. Way back when I was in a little group in MIssouri. That was about 1992 I think. Early 2000's I got the plans for a Franks box.. the internet is awesome. We built one and sure it worked. It was pretty cool and all, I did enjoy the hell out of it but then there began a weird phenomenon.. the folks in the group and guest investigators would hear different things and there were little pissing matches and divisions. If anything, for us it opened a negative bubble with us all. I always heard blab blab blab... some clear stuff. Some class A type stuff.. but other than that I really couldnt understand how they heard some of the things they claimed to hear. I was right there and heard.. .................nothing.

Myself and my brother are very sensitive when it comes to anything paranormal. My father and my older brother though dismiss it outright and won't believe any of it.
I've never been part of a group, but I can imagine it could create divsions if some heard something, while others didn't. I prefered to work alone. Although being sat in a forest in the dark with a spirit box, wasn't one of my better ideas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join