It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The CDC Hiding Coronavirus Cases In New York City To Avoid Mass Panic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
odds are high they are covering things up if they are seriously saying there aren't even suspected cases in New York.

Odds of that seem pretty remote to me...

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
I'm thinking the CDC can issue a factual statement, but MSM will spin it to whatever ambitions they desire. But I refuse to be their dancing monkey on many many occasions.

I'm being mindful of the dollars I circulate while transacting for food and services.
Live healthy, be healthy, and be good to one another.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Or I suppose there is always the third... This thing just blows over with minimal health impacts stateside.

This is where I'm falling.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

What does any of what you're posting have to do with people broadcasting instantly on social media?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that even if Facebook/Twitter etc were complicit, texting is still a thing. Word would get out. It doesn't have to be posted on social media.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Or I suppose there is always the third... This thing just blows over with minimal health impacts stateside.

This is where I'm falling.

I mean, that's where I'm hoping. I wouldn't say I'm confident of that in today's day in age where international travel is so frequent. This little booger has a long incubation time too which could make it harder to combat.

But, we've seen many a novel virus come and go.

The virus itself hasn't concerned me as much as the economic impact.... Though that would be short lived. At worse if sell off before it really sets in and buy again when it gets real low.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The virus itself hasn't concerned me as much as the economic impact.... Though that would be short lived. At worse if sell off before it really sets in and buy again when it gets real low.

Until I see people in the UK, or US or Canada dropping on the streets like China, i'm not too worried. Is that bad?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Until I see people in the UK, or US or Canada dropping on the streets like China, i'm not too worried. Is that bad?

Sounds more like self preservation than bad.

I mean, people are dropping all around the world at higher rates than this and it doesn't disrupt our day. This just has a potential to, so it's garnered some attention.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Think Boston bomber how they locked the city down. Do that on a mass scale in NYC.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sorry for replying so late, I was outside for a bit.

If the information is being purposely withheld from others, it can limit the availability of information to leak. You are correct in saying that it wouldn't stop anyone from live streaming or uploading anything on social media. This might change though if companies like Alphabet are being asked by the WHO to restrict information spread on those platforms.

Side Note:
"Sometimes it's not who you know, but rather what you control that makes you important."

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
This might change though if companies like Alphabet are being asked by the WHO to restrict information spread on those platforms.

That doesn't work since you'd need to restrict everyone in the country.

This isn't goddamn China where we grew up expecting to have our nuts kicked by the government from talking about things, the first thing that happens here when you tell someone to STFU is they don't STFU.

edit on 17-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Guyfriday
This might change though if companies like Alphabet are being asked by the WHO to restrict information spread on those platforms.

That doesn't work since you'd need to restrict everyone in the country.

This isn't goddamn China where we grew up expecting to have our nuts kicked by the government from talking about things, the first thing that happens here when you tell someone to STFU is they don't STFU.

He's also assuming that social media is the only way people have to share information. Some may be too young to remember, but before social media, people used their phones for things like calls and texts. Alphabet has no way to block people from sharing information via those.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm gonna mail a letter to the editor about what's going on.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There is no reason I can see to think they're doing what you think. And I'm not someone who really trusts the government all that much. I just think the idea of it is preposterous.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly, you can't stop information spread, but they (being companies like Alphabet) can limit and reduce the spread. Even in China word of mouth can't be stopped, hell an old neighbor of mine lived in East Germany and even he said that the Stasi couldn't really stop information spread as well as they would like everyone to believe they could.

If I stilled lived next door to him he would probably say that these stories we're hearing about in regards to the spread of Corona are mostly true since the average person has little to gain from getting caught telling these stories, and everything to lose by doing it.

This isn't china though (like you and the maps says), but there are some people that would like us to believe that it is. Why have weird off topical statements about the Corona, then re-enforce those stories with more stories and limited access evidence to back them up, while the authorities instead of offering counter evidence just says; "Don't trust them, trust us". How about we don't trust anyone until we can find evidence one way or the other? Then when we do, we find more stories of the situation being worse than it's being stated.

Augustus, I get what you're saying but what if "we" are the leaking drips of information?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   
that chicks name is 'burstein' LMFAO.
how did she land that 'important' high paying gig?

racists are everywhere.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Florida state just refused to discuss virus case numbers in that state. They cited existing laws for lack of disclosure.

I posted this in the mega-coronavirus update thread. It can be googled easily, Palm Beach Post has an article about it.

Speculation that many states have cases and will cite HIPA laws which prevent them from disclosing cases.

Spoiler - HIPA only covers your name. That’s it.

My sister works in healthcare financing and deals with HIPA daily.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: gdkknxnqkc

That's what I believe is happening in this situation.

I believe healthy kids and adults with strong immune systems can fight off this virus. However, I believe this was an "engineered" virus that came from a lab and that it targets the old and those with weakened immune systems. It's also known to be fatal to people who are smokers, since the virus targets the lungs and causes pneumonia.

And then there's this:

World Health Organization holds secretive talks with tech giants Google, Facebook and Amazon to tackle the spread of misinformation on coronavirus

The 'shocking' rise in misinformation about the 2019-nCov virus has been described as an 'infodemic' by Andy Pattison from the World Health Organization.

He said sites were 'awash' with misinformation and conspiracy theories but that big tech companies were stepping up to combat the problem.

LINK

Misinformation? What about the lack of factual information? Why the coverups and lies by the CDC, including the WHO? These "tech giants" could also prevent the truth from spreading.

Why do this, unless you want to prevent a full scale panic.

And that’s exactly what event 201 said they would do in the event of a CoronaVirus simulation

Close down disinformation IE... information and label it as fake new basically

Now my spin

Most conservatives are middle aged to elderly

The young are indoctrinated

Welcome to the communist NWO

edit on 17-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Florida state just refused to discuss virus case numbers in that state. They cited existing laws for lack of disclosure.

I posted this in the mega-coronavirus update thread. It can be googled easily, Palm Beach Post has an article about it.

Speculation that many states have cases and will cite HIPA laws which prevent them from disclosing cases.

Spoiler - HIPA only covers your name. That’s it.

My sister works in healthcare financing and deals with HIPA daily.

First of all , it is HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act )
Second of all it encompasses ALL information , unless waivers are signed .
Even to pass your medical records to another doctor.

Denying ignorance.
Why ?
This one was so blatantly obvious.

edit on 2/17/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The U.S. government can do anything they want with all communications during a declared emergency. Public, private, whatever, it all can be shut down, controlled, and manipulated during a national emergency.

Executive Order 13618 of July 6, 2012 Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions

Sec. 5.2. The Secretary of Homeland Security shall:

(e) satisfy priority communications requirements through the use of commercial, Government, and privately owned communications resources, when appropriate;

Sec. 5.6. The Federal Communications Commission performs such functions as are required by law, including:

(a) with respect to all entities licensed or regulated by the Federal Communications Commission: the extension, discontinuance, or reduction of common carrier facilities or services; the control of common carrier rates, charges, practices, and classifications; the construction, authorization, activation, deactivation, or closing of radio stations, services, and facilities; the assignment of radio frequencies to Federal Communications Commission licensees; the investigation of violations of pertinent law; . . .

That same year H. R. 5736, Smith-Mundt Modernization Act of 2012, became law, allowing the U.S. government to use propaganda on it's own citizens.

Propaganda sounds like a "priority communications requirement" for "commercial, Government, and privately owned communications resources" as in part 5.2 (e), also the FCC controls the "practices" of "all entities licensed or regulated" in part 5.6 (a) of Executive Order 13618. They got all communications covered and a simple news blackout is small peanuts to the government, provided they declare an emergency.

Local governments have laws regarding communications that can come into play as well, with or without a declared emergency.
edit on 18-2-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join