It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The CDC Hiding Coronavirus Cases In New York City To Avoid Mass Panic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents...

How the heck would you quarantine a city the size of NYC?

The United States isn't China either. US citizens aren't going to tolerate the government locking them into their houses.

A tweet from yesterday:

Then, there's this YouTube video, posted 2 days ago, which claims that New York issued a gag order to police concerning the coronavirus.

I found this on Twitter today. It was posted on Sunday:

Click here to hear the voicemail message in the above tweet.

The following article was written by Dr. Syra Madad on Feb 14. Dr. Syra Madad is leader in public health and special pathogen preparedness and response. She is Senior Director, System-wide Special Pathogens Program at New York City Health.

For weeks now, experts have been saying it’s inevitable that coronavirus will come to New York. So, where is it? As of today, all of the suspected cases have all been ruled out, which is great. As Mayor de Blasio said a couple of weeks ago, it’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when. We know this outbreak is very early — it’s only six weeks in. Right now, the U.S. policy has bought us time. That’s basically what it has done. As the weeks progress, this outbreak is unfortunately going to get worse before it gets better. I think we’re lucky that we’ve been bought this window of opportunity so that we can continue our preparedness measures and our risk communication — letting the public know what to do.

nymag.com...

"As of today, all of the suspected cases have all been ruled out." I say BS, especially when you realize that Mayor de Blasio is a lying POS!

I also located an article from Feb. 7, that states that the US military is prepping for coronavirus pandemic.

Is this military preparedness just for "service members, installations and ships?" Could the military also be prepping for public quarantine, including "anarchy" by the public, especially if the truth gets out that the CDC and state officials were purposely hiding information? Makes me wonder if the reported fatality rate for COVID19 is accurate.

The Navy and Marine Corps messages, issued Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, reference an executive order directing U.S. Northern Command to implement the Department of Defense Global Campaign plan for Pandemic Influenza and Infectious Diseases 3551-13.

The document serves as the Pentagon’s blueprint for planning and preparing for widespread dispersion of influenza and previously unknown diseases.

The Marine Corps’ mission, according to the message, is to “prepare for potential outbreaks of [COVID19].” The service must “mitigate, respond, and recover from the effects in order to maintain force readiness.”

...commanders are to review their disease containment plans and take “preparatory and precautionary actions” to protect service members, installations and ships.
This includes ensuring that the plans contain procedures for “response, isolation, quarantine, restriction of movement and community based intervention” as well as developing measures to contain and treat those possibly exposed.

www.militarytimes.com...

And now this latest news from China, that came out today:

Two unusual COVID-19 cases were reported in Xinxian county in Central China's Henan Province on Sunday, which shows strong contagiosity and whose sources of infection could not be determined.

One of the two patients, surnamed Wu, was confirmed to have been infected 34 days after returning from Wuhan, Hubei Province.

During this period, Wu attended two family dinner parties and came into contact with 10 people, two of whom have been confirmed to be infected and another three are suspected of being infected.

The other patient, surnamed Ning, was confirmed to be infected 94 days after coming into contact with his father-in-law, surnamed Zhang, who had been to a Wuhan hospital for medical treatment.

www.globaltimes.cn...

Here's a YouTube video (posted yesterday) discussing the CDC coverup in New York:

edit on 2/17/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I remember reading a book form a first hand account during the black death. The government at the time lied about the real numbers and blocked off infected areas. The poor stayed and made peace with death while the wealthy we're fortunate enough to leave. Almost everyone knew, and were being lied to.

If it hits the fan forget about travel. The decisions people make now are what could save you. Personally waiting for a sign then I'm taking my family to a farm we know of. A community of a small population with there is only oneroad leading there. I hope we never have to leave and I'm just paranoid
edit on 17-2-2020 by gdkknxnqkc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gdkknxnqkc

That's what I believe is happening in this situation.

I believe healthy kids and adults with strong immune systems can fight off this virus. However, I believe this was an "engineered" virus that came from a lab and that it targets the old and those with weakened immune systems. It's also known to be fatal to people who are smokers, since the virus targets the lungs and causes pneumonia.

And then there's this:

World Health Organization holds secretive talks with tech giants Google, Facebook and Amazon to tackle the spread of misinformation on coronavirus

The 'shocking' rise in misinformation about the 2019-nCov virus has been described as an 'infodemic' by Andy Pattison from the World Health Organization.

He said sites were 'awash' with misinformation and conspiracy theories but that big tech companies were stepping up to combat the problem.

LINK

Misinformation? What about the lack of factual information? Why the coverups and lies by the CDC, including the WHO? These "tech giants" could also prevent the truth from spreading.

Why do this, unless you want to prevent a full scale panic.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

everything the CDC and WHO has done is just to avoid panic. Not to keep anyone safe.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's also known to be fatal to people who are smokers

smokers are more susceptible because the epigenetics causes a higher gene expression of ACE2 receptors in the lungs.

ACE2 receptors are what the virus attaches to to infiltrate the lungs.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Mostly commenting so I can bookmark this thread for future perusal and updates.

I recently read The Stand by Stephen King again (which for those who are unfamiliar is about a government created plague getting out and killing off 99.99999% of the world's total population) and due to it being pre-internet/social media seemed to be easier to contain. Locking down information is harder than ever now with smart phones and live streaming. Until I start to see a lock down or a forced drop of internet traffic I'm still going to hold on to cautious optimism that this is not as bad as we think it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You think everyone's social media stopped working and that it wouldn't get out because of the CDC or De Blasio? Looks like you're giving the government far too much credit.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nope...I'm just stating that these "tech giants" have the power to censor anything...both misinformation and the truth.

I fully realize that social media can't contain and censor everything, due to the sheer number of users. Leaks have and will continue to come out.

What's alarming and the reason for my thread, is the deliberate censoring of the truth by the government, governmental agencies, state officials, "tech giants" and even doctors.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Its not unfeasible. The government actually stands to lose substantial profit from this, and so do any American centred businesses. They'd kill us to protect their bottom line. Hell, they're knowingly sending the Chinese back to work, knowing full well the virus isn't under control.

I wouldn't put it past the likes of FB and Twitter to censor any contrary opinion, they already do it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Your thread premise is 'government is lying' and suppressing information which shows you give the government far too much competency in a world where information is instantaneous. If someone had this virus in New York City you'd know about it in 5 seconds because the person themselves or their family would have posted it by now.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
The government actually stands to lose substantial profit from this, and so do any American centred businesses. They'd kill us to protect their bottom line.

The fact that those two sentences contradict each other shows the level of unintellectual hysteria taking place right now.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

everything the CDC and WHO has done is just to avoid panic. Not to keep anyone safe.

The experts they're sending to China aren't even going to Wuhan. They're hitting Beijing and a few other mega cities that are barely effected.

Theater.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

The experts they're sending to China aren't even going to Wuhan. They're hitting Beijing and a few other mega cities that are barely effected.

Theater.

Are they? I've heard that Seoul is another place that needs to be watch overly closely on this topic. Seems that a few women there don't want the world to know what's going on either.

I'm also not too at ease about the Alphabet ( main office for Google) company being tasked with cleaning up the internet of what "is and isn't" facts.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You think everyone's social media stopped working and that it wouldn't get out because of the CDC or De Blasio? Looks like you're giving the government far too much credit.

Always a good baseline to evaluate a conspiracy.... Are their too many chefs in the kitchen to keep a secret. This one would have a huge paper (digital) trail.

I have a feeling there's been a global head in sand policy on this one. Just stay quite about it and make appearances of looking into it.

But I'm no expert... Just going off gut feelings. So there's that.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Always a good baseline to evaluate a conspiracy.... Are their too many chefs in the kitchen to keep a secret. This one would have a huge paper (digital) trail.

This one requires pretty much everyone to be in on it.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This one requires pretty much everyone to be in on it.

For the conspiracy formula, yes.

If we're talking incompetence, that's another set of maths.

Or I suppose there is always the third... This thing just blows over with minimal health impacts stateside.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well how "Compartmentalized" is the CDC? After all is was the removal of cross communication that allowed 9/11 to happen unannounced. I bet that old styled of doing business is going on in there (the CDC) as well. As for State Health groups, well I know that at least here in Washington State they will down play everything they can until it looks positive for the Governors office to act.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well, I suppose it could be worse. We all could be living within China.

This video made me sad. So many people in China who are scared, suffering and fed up with all the lies of the Chinese government.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Once the atomic power plants operators will get sick ...
How long would it take for the reactors to start to melt down without proper maintenance, even in stand by mode ?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I believe this was an "engineered" virus that came from a lab

I have been closely following the coronavirus event for almost four weeks. I've contributed regularly to all three parts of the ATS "Corona Virus Update" mega thread. I posted the following in Part 3. It directly relates to your position and this thread:

What we have now is a documented history of the U.S. and China genetically developing coronavirus virus from bats:
Source

Anecdotal evidence COVID-19 leaked from the Wuhan BSL-4 lab: Source

The anomalous characteristics and response to COVID-19 that could be circumstantial evidence of a bioweapon:
1)The infected exhibiting no symptoms for up to 14 days... Source
2) Long survivability on dry surfaces for up to 28 days... Source
3) Exceptional aerosol infection ability... Source
4) The unprecedented quarantine measures by the Chinese and other world governments... Source

However, to get proof COVID-19 is a bioweapon, we would need evidence the Spike (S) Protein was unnatural. That information would have to come from a major research institution. But, unfortunately, those types of institutions and scientists rely on government and military funding.

Would the U.S. government and/or military admit they created this monster?
Would those major institutions and scientists say anything counter to the interests of the government and military?

I’m sure we’ll get a government report on the origins of COVID-19 soon. But I doubt we’ll get the truth. Instead, what we’ll probably get is the virology equivalent of the “swamp gas” explanation.

<<   2  3 >>

join