It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr announces sweeping new sanctions, 'significant escalation'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+67 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Charging that so-called "sanctuary" cities that protect illegal immigrants are jeopardizing national security, Attorney General Bill Barr announced a slew of additional sanctions that he called a "significant escalation" against left-wing local and state governments that obstruct the "lawful functioning of our nation's immigration system."

www.foxnews.com...

It's time states started following the law. States have rights, I am completely against state's rights being trampled. Immigration is not a state right, it is federal. Rapists, molesters, drunk drivers, these are the people that sanctuary cities are protecting. Let's start putting law abiding citizens first.

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Please bring back some sanity.
This is part of the Trump offense we are about to see.
Full court press, overwhelm them, they won't know what to do.

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Charging that so-called "sanctuary" cities that protect illegal immigrants are jeopardizing national security, Attorney General Bill Barr announced a slew of additional sanctions that he called a "significant escalation" against left-wing local and state governments that obstruct the "lawful functioning of our nation's immigration system."

www.foxnews.com...

It's time states started following the law. States have rights, I am completely against state's rights being trampled. Immigration is not a state right, it is federal. Rapists, molesters, drunk drivers, these are the people that sanctuary cities are protecting. Let's start putting law abiding citizens first.

edit on 10-2-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Long overdue.

People have died because of these stanktuary cities.

From your article:

"The Founding Fathers carefully divided responsibility and power between the federal government and the state governments," Barr said. The 'Supremacy Clause' in Article VI of the Constitution provides that the 'Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof… shall be the supreme law of the land.'"

He added: "This Clause is a vital part of our constitutional order. Enforcing a country’s immigration laws is an essential function of the national government. And no national government can enforce those laws properly if state and local governments are getting in the way. While federal law does not require that 'sanctuary jurisdictions' actively assist with federal immigration enforcement, it does prohibit them from interfering with our enforcement efforts."

edit on Mon Feb 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE WAS NEEDED www.foxnews.com...

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Consider what's happening in China and what may be illegally importing itself into our country right now ... We talk about disease, but it's a pressing issue at the moment.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What’s that popping sound?
Oh it’s just Leftist’s heads exploding.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yes, great point.
I wonder if they will ask that question at the next democrat debate?
What kind of answer would they give?

originally posted by: ketsuko
Consider what's happening in China and what may be illegally importing itself into our country right now ... We talk about disease, but it's a pressing issue at the moment.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Yes, great point.
I wonder if they will ask that question at the next democrat debate?
What kind of answer would they give?

Excuse me while I imitate Bernie Sanders:

*clears throat*

WE NEED TO OPEN OUR BORDERS AND INSTITUTE SINGLE PAYER FOR ALL SO WE CAN HEAL EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE WORLD'S SICK BECAUSE HEALTH CARE IS THE MOST BASIC HUMAN RIGHT!

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Former AG Jeff Sessions tried this, and someone in CA made him back down. Sessions was not as tough and fearless as Barr.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I could actually hear Bernie in my head while reading that!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
And while they are at it, they need to remind the states that our bill of rights is not up for debate either.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

"Rapists, molesters, drunk drivers, these are the people that sanctuary cities are protecting."

Inclined to have a yawn there, like it or not, it's part of life, immigration or not, and it's all against the law...sooo? what does that say?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh the poor democrats, it's going to cost them so much more to buy votes if they have to import them...

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
And while they are at it, they need to remind the states that our bill of rights is not up for debate either.

And cut-off the illegal-immigrant reimbursements sent to hospitals in those states. Last I heard, something like $420 million a month in Federal (OUR!) taxpayer dollars was sent to reimburse them for illegal alien medical care. (Hospitals probably fabricate a few Jose and Gomez treatments too. )

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Oh the poor democrats, it's going to cost them so much more to buy votes if they have to import them...

Nah, they'll just resurrect some dead people.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

It says we need to import less of those types of crooks from other countries because we have enough of our own and some of them our own system simply ignores so their crime stats look better.

How much trouble do you want to borrow anyhow?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

"Rapists, molesters, drunk drivers, these are the people that sanctuary cities are protecting."

Inclined to have a yawn there, like it or not, it's part of life, immigration or not, and it's all against the law...sooo? what does that say?

It says we need less of that in America, not more. Or do you not agree?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I just feel that when you disregard laws, you are doing a disservice to the nation. How can others look at the system and believe that some folks can just ignore laws they don't like, but insist that other follow the laws those same folks feel aren't important.

If you feel that a law is unjust, lobby to change it, work to change it, do something to change it. But you can't just ignore the one's you don't like.

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"No one is above the law."
-Adam Schiff

-Jerry Nadler

-Nancy Pelosi

-Maxine Waters

-Bernie Sanders

-Elizabeth Warren

-Pete Buttigig

-Joe Biden

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No one except those the law doesn't recognize as being here in the first place.

I guess all Trump has to do is self-identify as an illegal alien, er, undocumented immigrant.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

No one except those the law doesn't recognize as being here in the first place.

I guess all Trump has to do is self-identify as an illegal alien, er, undocumented immigrant.

Well said.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join